Gentlemen,

I have seen some similar threads. But I still need POWER answers from POWER user!

As a professional creative business user, the Q10 has since proved best work for me. I answer many emails, watch docs, listen to my music, message a lot with the POWER keyboard! Needless to say I love this phone. I also have a charger bundle.

But since 1 month I am sneaking to the POWER product site of the Z30!!! Actually I am a keyboard lover! Had the Bold 9000 and 9900 !!! My last full touch device was the great Nokia N9!

I dig the product video.So my question is to all former Q10 user who switched to the Z30! Do you guys miss the Q10?

I am not the guy who play games or watch movie on a small device. Makes no sense to, since a Playstation or TV are better options. But someone mentioned at crackberry, the he relies on opening up documents. And the the larger screen will do it! Simple!

Also I am confused. A 5" display. Never had a large phone that big. Do you business user are fine with that?

Please give some user experiences here. To be honest. The Q10 is just perfect! But I love also having the latest Blackberry devices. So I am thinking about the Z30!

Thanks in advance!
    12-26-13 04:17 PM
    Hey I don't miss mine I actually loaded a leak in it today and while setting it up I realized I probably couldn't go back.

Posted on my Z30 on CB10.
    12-26-13 04:18 PM
    Hi Slff ( what a great nick by the way, lol)

so you don't miss the keyboard at all?
    12-26-13 04:26 PM
    Ex Q10 user with 4 live email accounts and around 150 emails daily that require a response. Z30 keyboard is fantastic and 99% as good as the Q10 which is just the best ever. The advantage of the Z30 is if you have attachments that need to be viewed then the Z30 is much better than the Q10. I can see PDF files and JPG's that were very tough on the Q10. Do not have any games and do not listen to music so I can not comment. NYTimes is better on the Z30 and Kindle is great on the Z30. Battery life slightly better on the Z30 by about 20%.
    12-26-13 04:33 PM
    Hi Slff ( what a great nick by the way, lol)

so you don't miss the keyboard at all?
    I actually really like this Z30 cause of the size I find my typing is faster and better. I used my Q today like i said and I found I couldn't type as fast.

12-26-13 04:35 PM
    Ex Q10 user with 4 live email accounts and around 150 emails daily that require a response. Z30 keyboard is fantastic and 99% as good as the Q10 which is just the best ever. The advantage of the Z30 is if you have attachments that need to be viewed then the Z30 is much better than the Q10. I can see PDF files and JPG's that were very tough on the Q10. Do not have any games and do not listen to music so I can not comment. NYTimes is better on the Z30 and Kindle is great on the Z30. Battery life slightly better on the Z30 by about 20%.
    Thanks for this military-like answer. Quick to the point!

I had many emails, where I had to read/watch PDF or JPG's. On the Q10 it was not the best due to the size. Thats the only down fall. But the rest is 100% business approved. It never failed!

But again! I am still thinking about getting this Z30! I can imagine that reading emails on that huge device is very comfortable! Damn it! I am 50 : 50 here!!!

But it be a Z30!
    12-26-13 04:52 PM
    I know you are a POWER user but some of the answers on my similar thread might help (I'm not a super power user but more than a casual user).

My thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=886231

I'm also interested in what the power users say. I'd on the fence, a z30 is tempting!

Pounded out on the last great qwerty to rule them all.. Q10
    12-26-13 06:00 PM
    I know you are a POWER user but some of the answers on my similar thread might help (I'm not a super power user but more than a casual user).

My thread: Has anyone made the jump from Q10 to Z30? Insights? - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

I'm also interested in what the power users say. I'd on the fence, a z30 is tempting!

What a POWER post here.

Thanks, and your thread was awesome. Still, after reading this I am still 50 :50. To be honest, there is also the motivation of getting something new. The Q10 is awesome. But I know myself. After a while it could be that I will return back to my Q10.

But after reading all the post from your thread, the answer might be: Z30!

Everybody loves the keyboard. And the size might be something great! Also for my eyes. I am thinking about how the size is like on the daily routine (road to work by train, work, etc.)
    12-26-13 06:08 PM
    I have Z10,Q10,and Z30. Honestly, Z30 has some advantages (Screen,battery,sound,etc) but there's something that attracts me to a physical keyboard. No gaming or movies here. just emails,calls,and text. Z30 has a better call quality though.
    12-26-13 06:18 PM
    What a POWER post here.

Thanks, and your thread was awesome. Still, after reading this I am still 50 :50. To be honest, there is also the motivation of getting something new. The Q10 is awesome. But I know myself. After a while it could be that I will return back to my Q10.

But after reading all the post from your thread, the answer might be: Z30!

Everybody loves the keyboard. And the size might be something great! Also for my eyes. I am thinking about how the size is like on the daily routine (road to work by train, work, etc.)
    Thanks, I felt pretty emPOWERed by your op. Boom!

I agree. I love the Q10. I told my friend a few weeks ago, it's perfect. I also like that it's the classic BlackBerry look with a qwerty. I love shortcuts (space to scroll, t to top, etc) and quick post thing from the home screen. But sometimes I do wish I had extra screen. A lot of apps are geared around more screen, and images and pics are sometimes hard to see on this little guy.

I also have the "new phone" syndrome. I think I mentioned it in my thread but I have phone adhd where I always find myself lusting after a new phone only months after saying "I found it, ___ is the one!"..

It's a tough dilemna here!

(I must point out how first world of a problem this is.. geez silly us)

12-26-13 06:52 PM
    Thanks, I felt pretty emPOWERed by your op. Boom!

I agree. I love the Q10. I told my friend a few weeks ago, it's perfect. I also like that it's the classic BlackBerry look with a qwerty. I love shortcuts (space to scroll, t to top, etc) and quick post thing from the home screen. But sometimes I do wish I had extra screen. A lot of apps are geared around more screen, and images and pics are sometimes hard to see on this little guy.

I also have the "new phone" syndrome. I think I mentioned it in my thread but I have phone adhd where I always find myself lusting after a new phone only months after saying "I found it, ___ is the one!"..

It's a tough dilemna here!

(I must point out how first world of a problem this is.. geez silly us)

Indeed, it is silly. People are starving of hunger in other countries, and we gentlemen can't decide which device to choose. lots of brain energy of the pros and cons.

But it's a reality. And I have also the "new phone" syndrome. My gf is always making fun of me because of this. But when I think about her addiction to shoes... lololololo

Fun thing is, I am looking here crackberry for every new pst of the Z30, visiting the BB product page of the Z30, reading amazon reviews, etc!

I am sure I will get this! And on the other hand, the Q10 is lying here, ready for whatever! The classic BB look! And the keyboard!

Oh my, gentlemen's problem here I guess!! LOL
    12-26-13 07:02 PM
    [QUOTE=Fistmaster;9764804]

Fun thing is, I am looking here crackberry for every new pst of the Z30, visiting the BB product page of the Z30, reading amazon reviews, etc!/QUOTE]

WOW I'm literally doing the same thing mister brotha from another motha. I keep checking the z30 forums..

It's an obsession!

12-26-13 08:23 PM
    Hi to Fist and Aust,

In answer to your question I'll give you a bit of logical thinking.

I've been a blackberry user and lover all all things physical qwerty for over 11 years now. Since as long as I can remember I have a been a physical keyboard fanatic, I swear by them even now. I've had very sort of phone you can imagine (used to have my own phone shop so you can imagine) then bb 10 came along.

I had to have a go, like most of you I started with the z10, to be honest I ain't that sold except for the keyboard it was the best touch screen keyboard I had ever tried but still not enough to pry me away from my loyalties to a physical keyboard.

Then came my Q10 I was in heaven, couldn't out it down. I to am a power user, usually going through 2 / 3 charge cycles / batteries a day.

Next came the Z30 I actually bought it by mistake whilst on holiday (don't ask) and regretted it fr the next minute onwards. I mean it's big, heavy and worst of all no physical keyboard.

After forcing myself to use it as I had just shelled out �500 I still wasn't satisfied, then things began to kick in. The call quality, signal strength, wifi and data speeds, the huge screen for attachments and also using the hub (things aren't so constrained) and best of all the keyboard.

It's bigger because the screen size is wider, I type like a monkey now and only get 3% - 4% worth of corrections and after using the app flying thumb worked out I can type around 63 words per minute on this touch keyboard.

please please please to both of you and anyone else thinking of making the jump. Do it. It will be the best decision you've ever made.

Posted via CB10
    austriker likes this.
    12-26-13 08:53 PM
    Also ignore the <br-> or whatever it is
    I've just installed a new leak today and it's lot quite right yet. No reflection on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 08:54 PM
    Also ignore the <br-> or whatever it is
    I've just installed a new leak today and it's lot quite right yet. No reflection on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    That was one of the most helpful posts ever. Much appreciated!

I have a sneaky suspicion that you are right. Once the z30 sets in I (and the op) will love it.

12-26-13 10:28 PM
    You will have a better viewing experience with the Z30, you would be able to see more text at once, see more emails at once due to bigger screen. You would be able to see better PDF files for example. If you have to surf the web, the Z30 will be a milion times better...

The Q10 has the advantage in the input side. Yes today's virtual keybaords, you can type prety much as fast as on a physical keyboard but ONLY WHEN YOU'RE LOOKING AT IT! The big advantage that the Q10 has, is that if you're a experienced user, you would be able to text on it without even looking at it... If you're in a bumpy road, the Q10 would be oh so much easier to text... And if you're drunk, texting your GF or Wife would be less of a hassle aswell. And overall, typing on a physical keyboard feels more confortable for your hands, because your fingers rest, and slide over the keyboard, you don't have to lift them, where in virtual keyabord, you have to lift your fingers in each press.

Z30 would be a hassle in tight pants or small pockets... I don't like big phones because you feel the phone too much in your pocket when you're sitting.

Bottom line
    So I think, if you don't mind the bigger sized phone, the Z30 would be pretty much better in everything appart from text input and one handed use. If smaller sizer and text input is huge for you (as it is for me) I would go Q10... Neither is better, it depends from person to person
    12-26-13 10:49 PM
    My Brother came to visit me recently and showed me the Z30. I'm on a z10 and I can't really compare it to the Q10.
    One thing is for sure though, it really is something else. Especially for business. A few examples....We tried a conference call with my family and it really did sound like they were in the room with us. .....Typing on the keyboard is effortless with one or two hands....... USB support.....Smooth and extremely fast mutitasking.....an amazing quality build to the hardware. Much more class than the z10.....etc.etc..
    You said you had new phone syndrome. I can't think of a better phone for you next fix.
    One thing I didn't like at first was the screen display. In general, my z10 is just brighter. (Compared both with brightness on high) After an hour of use, the Z30 seemed easier on the eye though.

Posted via CB10
    austriker likes this.
    12-27-13 12:07 AM
    I have both devices and changing back and forth. Both are great in its own way. There was written a lot about the keyboard and typing and screen and so on. Everything right. But one point was missed in my opinion.
    The reason why I always change back to the Q are the shortcuts. You are so much faster with navigation and simply everything. So if you need the fastest workhorse ever built you should go for the Q because of shortcuts.
    I can live with the screen size even though I get a lot of attachments. But that is a personal decision.
    Another big point for the Z are the android apps. Makes not much sense to run android apps on the Q. They are all written for different screens so not much fun on the Q even though they work.
    Foe battery live I fount the Q to be better. I guess that is because of the smaller screen size.
    But. The better more versatile phone is the Z. I just love my effectiveness on the Q. I am so much into fast communication that for my use case the Q is the better device. Also the size. I don't have so big hands and the one handed use is simply better.

Posted via CB10
    austriker likes this.
    12-27-13 12:22 AM
    What a POWER CRUSH here!!!

I just woke up this morning, thinking "Hey, stay with with your Q10", these POWER answers just came in!!!

All valid points ffs!!! This is really hard. Me and my partner in crime Austriker will be thinking a lot about it!

But thanks for these great answers. Seems to be a great board here!

As a man, I like things BIG! So a POWER phone like the Z30 could fit my lifestyle. Though the Q10 had a fine and discreet size. Sometimes I had to pull out my PlayBook to view the larger attachments on it! With the Z30 that would be a thing of the past.

Well, thanks for the insights and personal experiences. This is what will make the decision. The small details. I will see. Now I will visit my family and stuff, thinking about this phone! LOL!

Will head to the city and hope to see it in LIVE! Yes, thats what I am gonna do right now!

I will, and hopeful Mister Austriker too, keep you updated!
    12-27-13 06:53 AM
    Yo fist.. this is tough.. I might try and swing by my local best buy or VZ store this weekend to see it in person. Problem is here in America stores ain't got it..

Great point made above about shortcuts. The keyboard is really nice for that and typing without looking (boom just typed that without looking!). But great counter point about android apps (I use a lot) being made for a bigger screen. Also I'm a photographer and so seeing pics on a big screen might be the kicker.

To tempt you more fist: check out these sweet pics (I might go white):

http://crackberry.com/hands-white-blackberry-z30

12-27-13 08:33 AM
    Bestest Austriker, my man!

What a POWER CRUSH!

Check this: I live in Germany and I was in the crowded city today. Visiting several phone shops. Some chump a bestbuy-like megastore here in Germany said:

"Fortunately we don't carry BB anymore. They were bought. They won't sell devices next year!"

A real troll with low pay, I thought. So I went to another store. T-Mobile. They had the Z10 and Q10. But no Z30, my brother.

I wanted to know how a 5" device looks like. So I went to the mall, holding my Q10 in the hand.

Welly well, buddy. I will get the Z30 the next days and sell my Q10.

Viewing larger attachments like PDF or JPGS is important for my business. And I guess the virtual keyboard will be good. And maybe it's the last top notch quality device from BlackBerry.

I'll keep you updated.

Posted via CB10
    austriker likes this.
    12-27-13 12:55 PM
    I originally thought that the Z30 might be too large. I liked the size of my Z10, but played with the Z30 in the store and decided to take the plunge.

The Z30 size has enhanced the typing experience (which was already pretty awesome.) I am glad a
    I made the move and don't think I could ever go back.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z30
    12-27-13 01:00 PM
    I wish I could wear two devices. Q10 and a Z30. But as a man, I guess that's pathetic. So decision time.

I am glad that all Z30 user are loving the keyboard. I guess BlackBerry has done a great job. I heard that BBOS 10 was made for full touch devices like the Z10 and the Z30.

I will give it a go! This threas and Austrikers, convinced me.

And hence, as a man I have the "new device"-syndrome. Trolololololo

I can't help it.

Posted via CB10
    austriker likes this.
    12-27-13 01:11 PM
    Why can't you carry two devices, a lot of people do.

12-27-13 01:37 PM
    You will have a better viewing experience with the Z30, you would be able to see more text at once, see more emails at once due to bigger screen. You would be able to see better PDF files for example. If you have to surf the web, the Z30 will be a milion times better...

The Q10 has the advantage in the input side. Yes today's virtual keybaords, you can type prety much as fast as on a physical keyboard but ONLY WHEN YOU'RE LOOKING AT IT! The big advantage that the Q10 has, is that if you're a experienced user, you would be able to text on it without even looking at it... If you're in a bumpy road, the Q10 would be oh so much easier to text... And if you're drunk, texting your GF or Wife would be less of a hassle aswell. And overall, typing on a physical keyboard feels more confortable for your hands, because your fingers rest, and slide over the keyboard, you don't have to lift them, where in virtual keyabord, you have to lift your fingers in each press.

Z30 would be a hassle in tight pants or small pockets... I don't like big phones because you feel the phone too much in your pocket when you're sitting.

Bottom line
    So I think, if you don't mind the bigger sized phone, the Z30 would be pretty much better in everything appart from text input and one handed use. If smaller sizer and text input is huge for you (as it is for me) I would go Q10... Neither is better, it depends from person to person
    Agreed. I've been using qwerty phones since my Treo days and have no problem typing onehanded without looking and the 9930 is the qwerty king to me. I'm on a company Q10 now and while it too has an amazing kb, I'm getting a Z30 as a personal phone in January and if I like it as much as I think I will, based on my use so far one, it will become my only phone.
    12-27-13 06:19 PM
53 123