10-13-13 07:26 PM
30 12
tools
    How is it? Because I recently bought a 5S what do you guys think?
    10-07-13 02:37 PM
    Great I can't wait to get it

Posted via CB10
    SweetTemptation likes this.
    10-07-13 03:20 PM
    Me, I can't wait to get it
    Almost bought it from Amazon but then when o called tmo they told me that insurance isn't going to cover it since it's unlocked
    I'm a have to wait :s
    And No announcements on when they're going to get it

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 03:27 PM
    Bigger Z10,right.. but with better specs,really better battery and with a couple of new feautures. If you don't want to expend a lot,take the Z10: it's still a really great device

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 06:42 PM
    How is the camera on the Z30 in comparison to the Z10?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 07:33 PM
    Sure with a 64 bit processor, a fingerprint scanner a better camera, and a bigger battery in a slightly lighter package.

Vs the z30, basically a z10 with a sealed battery and lower ppi display with last years resolution and color accuracy.
    Actually, it's a Z10 with a larger screen, faster CPU and GPU, improved battery life, improved speakers, improved microphone tech, improved antenna, Miracast, WiFi Direct and USB OTG. Small things? Absolutely. Not a great idea from a marketing point of view? Considering BlackBerry's situation, most likely. But for some of us, the small things add up.

And as for this ppi argument - I know it looks bad on a spec sheet, and yes I still wish BlackBerry went 1080p. But I got the chance to play with a Galaxy Mega 6.3 over the weekend, which has the same resolution as the Z30 but with a massive 6.3-inch screen (233 ppi vs. 295 on the Z30), and despite my best efforts to look closely at the screen, it still looked excellent. I'm pretty confident that the Z30 will look just as good, if not better, though I haven't got one of my own just yet.
    kbz1960, spiculated and hf199 like this.
    10-07-13 08:24 PM
    I have mine and although it's testing version, it seems very well made. Can't wait to get my sticky hands on official version

Posted via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    10-07-13 08:39 PM
    Lol... wasn't this thread about others' experiences with the Z30?

Posted via that z10!
    10-07-13 10:17 PM
    This thread has been so derailed. Let's get back on track. I was hoping to hear experiences from those that bought a Z30.
    grover5 and kbz1960 like this.
    10-07-13 11:00 PM
    This thread has been so derailed. Let's get back on track. I was hoping to hear experiences from those that bought a Z30.
    Me too.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 11:03 PM
    Closed for cleanup

Sadly there's not much on topic yet, but the thread is now opened back up for On Topic, hands on discussion of the Z30.
    10-08-13 10:07 AM
    Closed for cleanup

Sadly there's not much on topic yet, but the thread is now opened back up for On Topic, hands on discussion of the Z30.
    Thank you, bump.
    Honestly, I'd love to know more before I dish out $600-$700 on the Z30. Like if there are any "negatives" we should know about; possibly in the hardware design. Or if one opens up eight apps in the active frames, is there any lag present... at all?

Posted via that z10!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-08-13 10:40 AM
    Just got it today ! The screen is much nicer, better and richer colors, its faster than the z10 particularly in browsing, the building quality is much much better, looks very solid and ''expensive'', pretty same with the Q10.
    All my data and apps have been easily transferred from the link, only issue with facebook that still cant' set it up !
    I have no clue about the battery since I have it just one day.
    Mel25 and kbz1960 like this.
    10-08-13 04:24 PM
    Just got it today ! The screen is much nicer, better and richer colors, its faster than the z10 particularly in browsing, the building quality is much much better, looks very solid and ''expensive'', pretty same with the Q10.
    All my data and apps have been easily transferred from the link, only issue with facebook that still cant' set it up !
    I have no clue about the battery since I have it just one day.
    do you have a playbook also??? & how is the bridge function???
    10-08-13 05:04 PM
    Been using it for a week now and it's amazing...so much snappier then the z10. The sound from the speakers is great and you can really hear the difference when on a call. The phone feels solid in your hands and with the bigger size typing is that much better with two hands. Best of all is the battery life which gets me through the day and into the next. Can almost go through two days of moderate use. However I push the phone with tons of email and BBM and of course checking into cracker constantly.

Going to load on a couple of movies and see what that's like. I suspect the dts and ac3 codes are still not supported but will test playing an mkv file encoded with aav or mp3.

If only this device had been available from the original launch....it's definitely not a cheap android piece of plastic. I had been using 10.2 on my Z10 for a while now so those new features are already so comfortable for me. I do however love the black default themes for the calendar, cb10 app, contacts etc...

Hope rogers does carry this device cause it really is a phenomenal device.

Posted via CB10
    smart548 likes this.
    10-08-13 05:55 PM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Sounding great so far!!! ... will upgrade from my z10 asap!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 06:10 PM
    I just got mine, late yesterday, from Unlocked Mobiles, Ltd (UK). It only took a week to get to the USA (to include a security verification and no movement over the weekend). I'm very happy with the Z30, having come from a Z10 and Nokia's Lumia phones.

It's size/weight reminds me of the Lumia 920, just a bit wider/taller and though not quite as thick as the L920, it feels a bit lighter. The installed OS was 10.2.0.1521 but I immediately upgraded it to 10.2.0.1767. Android apps (and native ones) feel much peppier on the Z30 than the Z10. Since I use the debug method to sideload apps, I had to re-request the two BB developer files to make a new debug file for the Z30. The phone complained about my trying to use the Z10 debug file but everything is fine with the new debug file. Since it's a UK/EU-spec phone (STA100-2), I don't get AT&T's LTE service but do get 4G speeds. I honestly haven't noticed a difference in reception/performance with the new antenna but will continue to test it out.

The display is very nice. I was worried when I started reading PPI comments but my fears were unfounded. It's a bright display with a very light "warm" (slight yellow tinge) color vs. the Z10's "cooler" (bright white) color. On the other hand, photos seem brighter and much better on the Z30. Text is ever so slightly smoother on the Z30 than the Z10 but it's still very sharp. I took a few random shots with the camera today and was happy with the sharpness and colors.

Battery life is still under investigation while the OS settles (and since I'm using it more than normal). That said, it's has 48% charge remaining after 14-hours of app launching, picture taking, web surfing, emailing while locked to a 4G connection for the day.

Just some initial observations. Overall, it feels like a bigger and faster Z10 and I'm very happy with my purchase. IMHO, while I like the size of the Z10, the Z30 should've been the phone BB released first after moving to BB10.
    playbookster likes this.
    10-08-13 06:29 PM
    Thanks for the great feedback guys.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 06:47 PM
    24 hours in and LOVE it. OS is buttery smooth and the screen is vibrant. It IS noticeably less sharp than the Z10 screen but doesn't really bother me. Hmm what else... Android apps seem to run better but I guess that's down to the faster internals. Overall very impressed!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 05:58 AM
    Just received mine... awesome machine... I am not sure my Q10 will last long as my primary device...

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Z30
    10-09-13 06:50 AM
    Just received mine... awesome machine... I am not sure my Q10 will last long as my primary device...

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Z30
    Same feeling for me! I love the Q but damn this big screen is nice.

Wow android apps really run a LOT better than in the Z or Q. Comparable to my HTC One in some cases.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 07:14 AM
    Hi guys,
    Have been using the Z30 for more than 2 weeks now.
    In summary: what a great phone!

Here my pros and cons:

+ fast, snappy. good processor
    + much more stable than my Z10 STL100-1. Almost never crashes (my Z10 did a lot)
    + Android runs well
    + speakers are great but honestly I don't need that feature
    + AMAZING battery. Lasts forever. Unless you play too much candy crush. Z10's poor battery sucked. HUGE improvement
    + 5x4=20 apps on 1 screen. I prefer that to Z10
    + WOW effect. People say: "wow looks great, and I actually thought Blackberry was dead"

- slightly heavy
    - a bit too big for small hands, I guess it must be ideal for norma lto big size hands
    - expensive. I paid USD900 from an ebay type seller in HK

This device could have been an iphone killer if it would have been the first BB10 release and with proper marketing. But nobody knows marketing at blackberry...
    spiculated likes this.
    10-09-13 07:34 AM
    I've been using my Z30 for about two weeks now and I still have an issue with the in call sound as it's very low even on max vol.
    Sure the speakers are great for music and hands free calls, but the in call sound needs to be fixed by BlackBerry soon.
    Also I had 4 random reboots so far.
    As for the size obviously it's big and not very comfortable for one hand use but it's not a big deal as I'm coming from a galaxy S3 and the Z30 is just a little bit bigger.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 01:27 PM
    Alright, good reviews.
    I can honestly say I'm a little more convinced! Awesome.

Posted via that z10!
    10-09-13 10:12 PM
    I've been using my Z30 for about two weeks now and I still have an issue with the in call sound as it's very low even on max vol.
    Sure the speakers are great for music and hands free calls, but the in call sound needs to be fixed by BlackBerry soon.
    Also I had 4 random reboots so far.
    As for the size obviously it's big and not very comfortable for one hand use but it's not a big deal as I'm coming from a galaxy S3 and the Z30 is just a little bit bigger.

Posted via CB10
    Try loading a leaked os it will probably fix the volume. It fixed it for people on the Z10.

Posted from Q10 on CB10 Running the latest leak from BerryLeaks
    10-09-13 10:39 PM
30 12