Sprint is not going to carry the phone guys..please kindly trust me .. try to find another solution

Posted via CB10
    Peppe,why do you think that?

sent from my galaxy note 3 via crackberry forums app.
    11-17-13 09:30 PM
    maybe they're going for the "50",,, wishful thinking,,, i'm starting to think they won't carry the "30",,, too much tap dancing on their part...
    11-18-13 06:10 AM
    Sprint is not going to carry the phone guys..please kindly trust me .. try to find another solution

Posted via CB10
    And you know this....how? Are you some sort of Oracle?
    11-18-13 10:17 AM
    A sprint user just left a message on my Sprint Forum post about the Z30. he says he chatted with a rep (online) and asked about the Z30 coming to sprint. Rep said to check the newsroom, he said he wanted a firm answer since there was no news about BB in the News Room. The Rep told him Sprint is going to get the Z30 "in the following month" Hopefully the rep isnt lying. See link for discussion.
    https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/681066#681066?
    11-18-13 01:15 PM
    A sprint user just left a message on my Sprint Forum post about the Z30. he says he chatted with a rep (online) and asked about the Z30 coming to sprint. Rep said to check the newsroom, he said he wanted a firm answer since there was no news about BB in the News Room. The Rep told him Sprint is going to get the Z30 "in the following month" Hopefully the rep isnt lying. See link for discussion.
    https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/681066#681066?
    Dan I was told the same thing by a sprint rep. So the holiday season may look good for sprint BB lovers.
    11-18-13 10:34 PM
    Just found this. Not to sure if it is true or not. Found it on You Tube.

SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    11-22-13 02:55 PM

nice,,, posted yesteday, too...
    11-22-13 05:09 PM

I don't want to be the Debbie Downer because I am ready to kill any Sprint rep that tells me to check the damn newsroom again but this video is just fan made...it's clearly not anything even semi-official from Sprint. Black Friday is approaching quickly and there better be something "official" soon or I might just be saying hello to my new android device

Please Sprint save me from making an awful decision!!
    11-22-13 05:26 PM
    So everyone can take this with a grain of salt...I know for sure that I wish and hope and pray that it isn't true, but my 9850 died today. Beyond bricking. I got nothing So I take it into Sprint because I pay the damn insurance on it and I figure I can at least get a new one while I wait out for the Z30. Of course they tried to make me use my upgrades (I have two ready to go) and buy a iToy or a LG G2 (the big sell right now for them) but I refused, told them to fix my 9850 or replace it. While waiting and being the only customer in the store (it's in a small town) for the entire hour I was there while they tried to revive my 9850 I started talking with the clerks and the store manager. I finally get the nerve to ask about the Z30 fearing the standard "Check the newsroom" answer and instead they all laughed and I got the standard "BlackBerry is dead" answer. Seeing my frustrtation at this, the store manager claimed that even her BlackBerry Rep stated that Sprint would not be getting the Z30. Then, she supposedly looked in "the system" and the only thing that made her response to me a little credible was that she told me that Sprint would not be getting the Z30 and (without any prompting from me about it) that the next phone coming out would be the Z50 and that it would be in the third quarter of 2014 and it would still be a maybe if Sprint would get it. I know that my story is about as reputable as anyone else's on here but that's what I got. Needless to say I was crushed and to make it even worse they didn't even have a BlackBerry in the store (other than the Q10) so they had to order me another 9850 to replace my now dead one and I wont get it until this Friday after Thanksgiving. I am stuck using an old crappy android device that was my wife's like 3 years ago for the next few days. FML.

Anywho, recap, no Z30 coming to Sprint but I say eff a clerk and store manager and I will still wait a little longer and see for myself.
    LWKING likes this.
    11-25-13 07:15 PM
    while i think it's true that sprint's not getting any Z's, i also think they were just saying that to sell you what *they* want you to have,,, when/if my 9850 goes south, i'll just get a new one off amazon outright,,, love that phone, 'specially bridged to the playbook,,, awesome combo...
    11-25-13 08:09 PM
    the big question is "who on Sprint that uses BB's is willing to wait another 6 months to a year for Sprint to give them a new phone"?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    11-25-13 11:00 PM
    My contract with Sprint ends in Jun so unless I want to paid $200 ETF I am stuck with them. If anyone who isn't on a contract with Sprint, I don't see why stay with them. Just because Sprint have unlimited text and data, it doesn't do me or any BB users any good if they don't carry the phones we want.
    11-26-13 07:56 AM
    the big question is "who on Sprint that uses BB's is willing to wait another 6 months to a year for Sprint to give them a new phone"?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    i'm in no hurry, personally...

My contract with Sprint ends in Jun so unless I want to paid $200 ETF I am stuck with them. If anyone who isn't on a contract with Sprint, I don't see why stay with them. Just because Sprint have unlimited text and data, it doesn't do me or any BB users any good if they don't carry the phones we want.
    i've been w/ them so long, i've got just about every free gimme they have, free phone/data/text roam, employee rate, etc., plus unlimited everything,,, the same plan on another network would cost a mint...
    11-26-13 08:01 AM
    I guess it will depends on how much GB you will need. My wife and I have used an average 1 GB a month so making the switch may not be bad for me, but it may not be worth it for someone else.
    11-26-13 08:58 AM
    I guess it will depends on how much GB you will need. My wife and I have used an average 1 GB a month so making the switch may not be bad for me, but it may not be worth it for someone else.
    also you need to consider whether you're using legacy os or BB10,,, legacy= BIS compression, less data used / BB10= no compression, waaay more data used,,, so, if/when i move to "10", i won't have to worry...
    11-26-13 09:13 AM
    while i think it's true that sprint's not getting any Z's, i also think they were just saying that to sell you what *they* want you to have,,, when/if my 9850 goes south, i'll just get a new one off amazon outright,,, love that phone, 'specially bridged to the playbook,,, awesome combo...
    Agreed...I love the bridge between the two and still get to "WOW" everyone when I attach my PlayBook to the TV and use my 9850 as a remote to control it...everyone hates their new devices after that lol

Best part of this so far is that I will be getting a "new" (or probably "refurbished") 9850 on Friday...so it should hold out longer if I do decide to wait for anything...although that still sucks
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    11-26-13 12:09 PM
    the z30 is coming to sprint if the reps keep saying it means it true but it weird they wont accept or deny it but thats sprint position the phone itself was made already if u really want to know look at sprint purchase history what they bought from blackberry u can see it in the company records
    11-26-13 12:14 PM
    but i want that phone badly
    11-26-13 12:14 PM
    the z30 is coming to sprint if the reps keep saying it means it true but it weird they wont accept or deny it but thats sprint position the phone itself was made already if u really want to know look at sprint purchase history what they bought from blackberry u can see it in the company records
    Well excuse me, I seem to have left my sprint purchase reports in my other pants...mind supplying a link with your bit of info?
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    11-26-13 02:36 PM
    Does Otterbox know something we don't?

Commuter Series for BlackBerry Z30 - Verizon and Sprint

BlackBerry Z30 case| OtterBox
    aloomis76 likes this.
    11-26-13 05:09 PM
    Does Otterbox know something we don't?

Commuter Series for BlackBerry Z30 - Verizon and Sprint

BlackBerry Z30 case| OtterBox
    no,,, that was posted here a while ago,,, i think they ASSumed before sprint bailed...
    aloomis76 likes this.
    11-26-13 09:54 PM
    A little FYI, I was with Sprint for 11 years. Loved my unlimited everything plan. But when I got my Playbook and had tethered to my 9670, I had to pay an additional fee which brought my payment up in the $140 range.

When the Q10 was nearing USA release I started inquiring about 4G availability in my area. But they could not tell me when/if it would be available in the major areas of Orange County and Los Angeles, California.

So when the Q was available on other carriers I really started checking things out. And I found out that for roughly the same price I would get 10GB of 4G LTE service on Verizon and have hotspot accessibility at no extra charge.

I quickly switched to Verizon, got my Q10 which I absolutely love, and have never looked back. So for those of you that really want a Z30, I suggest you at least inquire to what you can get by switching to Verizon. I've seen stories of the Z30 being available for as low as $99 on 2 year contract. And another story of Verizon offering 6GB of data right now for the price of 2GB. Like I said, if you really want a Z30, it's at least worth checking out.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    aloomis76 likes this.
    11-27-13 05:33 AM
    A little FYI, I was with Sprint for 11 years. Loved my unlimited everything plan. But when I got my Playbook and had tethered to my 9670, I had to pay an additional fee which brought my payment up in the $140 range.

When the Q10 was nearing USA release I started inquiring about 4G availability in my area. But they could not tell me when/if it would be available in the major areas of Orange County and Los Angeles, California.

So when the Q was available on other carriers I really started checking things out. And I found out that for roughly the same price I would get 10GB of 4G LTE service on Verizon and have hotspot accessibility at no extra charge.

I quickly switched to Verizon, got my Q10 which I absolutely love, and have never looked back. So for those of you that really want a Z30, I suggest you at least inquire to what you can get by switching to Verizon. I've seen stories of the Z30 being available for as low as $99 on 2 year contract. And another story of Verizon offering 6GB of data right now for the price of 2GB. Like I said, if you really want a Z30, it's at least worth checking out.

That's all fine and dandy, but some of us have multiple lines on a family plan and it would cost us an arm and a leg to pay the ETF just to be able to switch...In other words, some of us are stuck at the moment. Maybe if I wasn't trapped by the notion of having to splurge and make this the best Christmas ever (according to the kids of course lol) then I might have that little bit extra but I don't Trust me, if I could make the move right now I would. I have thought about it long and hard and even threatened to do it but when I look back at what that would entail it just isn't feasible right now.
    11-27-13 09:43 AM

if it works for you, cool,,, every time i check them out, it's $30+/mo more for fewer services w/ my single line...
    aloomis76 likes this.
    11-27-13 11:13 AM
    they may still carry the phone it just frustrating they wont say it either way
    11-27-13 01:16 PM
111 ... 2345