11-11-13 01:39 AM
35 12
tools
    While viewing the first video, have you noticed Tample Run 2 and Instagram installed on Z30? I wonder whether these are official apps which will be available in BB World once Z10/10.2 is released. If so, are these Android ports or natively ported versions? What do you think?

Attachment 204340
    Probably side loaded apps.

Keith H. Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 01:42 PM
    Brian Bennett is cool in my book. Most of his reviews and editorials are unbiased, objective and a good example of consumer tech journalism. Hats off for being one of the very few previews of the Z30 without immediately trashing it for coming from a "dead company".
    gng11 likes this.
    09-22-13 02:08 PM
    Brian Bennett is cool in my book. Most of his reviews and editorials are unbiased, objective and a good example of consumer tech journalism. Hats off for being one of the very few previews of the Z30 without immediately trashing it for coming from a "dead company".
    I am beginning to like this guy, probably one of the very few level-headed guys out there who knows how to do his job properly.
    09-23-13 01:05 AM
    I agree. At this stage of the game, it is never to late for BB. Increasing sales, is increasing sales, no matter what the selling point may or may not be. BB can not afford to be choosy who purchases this phone, but they have to hope for a very good launch. I am mostly talking US here. While others may not like the fact that if rumor has it and Z 30 is going to be exclusive to Verizon, it might be easier to push this platform on one carrier versus all of them. That is, if this rumor turns out to be true. I would rather see one carrier really push this phone then 3 or 4 others do so in a half @ssed manner, and for these phones have to be written off as well.

I can not stress this enough that I am still getting my Z30 as soon as it comes out. Even if BB is going to be getting away from the consumer market as they say, and focus on the business side of things. What it boils down to is who is on the other side of the business side of things? Consumers are! I also think it is a wise choice on their part to only offer 4 phones as opposed to 6. This is something that I feel should have been done a long time ago. Easier to develop apps for and release upgrades if everyone is running the same O/S. Call it taking a page out of Apples book or whatever you may want to call it, but it works in the long run. Concentrate on perfecting one thing to the best of your ability, see how it goes, and then release other options. If the rumor is true about Z30 being exclusive to Verizon, this is one instance where I am glad I am on Verizon. I want this phone so badly, I probably would have put some serious thought into switching.

Sure, all of this negative talk about BB has gotten me down too, I will admit, but that is not going to stop me from enjoying my Z30 when it is released. Even if short lived. If it does what I need it to do, and I am sure it will, and has some decent apps (not much of an app guy here). Maybe it is because I have not been given many app choices in the past as I am a long time user.If this offers good call quality, great keyboard, good sound output, and I do not have to worry about battery pulls, then I am going to be one happy man in the next few months. Sorry for the long posting
    Business people are also consumers, and vice versa. Good point.
    09-23-13 01:07 AM
    After seeing USB On-the-Go in action on the Z30, I'm sold.

I think this fellow from CNET does exactly what a person in his position should do: report on tech news without bias.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 02:17 AM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Z30... definitely buying one!!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 05:32 AM
    Z30 has instagram and vine. Wonder if it's native.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 05:54 AM
    I wrote that originally, but spell check told me that wasn't a word... It does indeed sound better.

Thanks to the mod for clarifying the thread title though.
    Yup and that's why I left it, felt no need to remove the original title, just to clarify the content.
    09-23-13 12:29 PM
    While others may not like the fact that if rumor has it and Z 30 is going to be exclusive to Verizon
    From what I have heard there have been confirmed ATT versions in the wild.
    gng11 likes this.
    09-23-13 12:36 PM
    From what I have heard there have been confirmed ATT versions in the wild.
    If AT&T gets into this game, we can safely say "we're back in the game!". At least on the minds of CrackBBs.
    11-11-13 01:39 AM
35 12