Is there a reason why my Z30 doesn't seem to work with any?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 08:32 PM
    Is there a reason why my Z30 doesn't seem to work with any?

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean it doesn't work with any? It's a standard microUSB connection which would work with any microUSB charging device.

The Z30 battery lasts all day why would you need one?

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    11-22-15 08:38 PM
    Use BlackBerry original cable and the may have more luck

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 08:59 PM
    As suggested try a few other cables. It should work. What's the model battery bank? Is it ON?
    11-22-15 10:06 PM
    What do you mean it doesn't work with any? It's a standard microUSB connection which would work with any microUSB charging device.

The Z30 battery lasts all day why would you need one?

When I connect a battery pack to my phone, my device initially recognizes that a battery pack has been plugged in because the lightning bolt symbol appears next to the battery. A few seconds later, the lightning bolt disappears and my phone seems to disconnect the battery pack.

The reason I'd want to use a battery pack is for camping or when I go on trips to countries in which the local power supply isn't always reliable.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 06:09 PM
    When I connect a battery pack to my phone, my device initially recognizes that a battery pack has been plugged in because the lightning bolt symbol appears next to the battery. A few seconds later, the lightning bolt disappears and my phone seems to disconnect the battery pack.

The reason I'd want to use a battery pack is for camping or when I go on trips to countries in which the local power supply isn't always reliable.

Posted via CB10
    It's a software glitch. Reboot the phone then plug in the battery pack again. If the lightning bolt disappears again it might be a defective cable. If you replace the cable and it still happens it's something in the OS. I would reinstall the OS. PITA I know but it should definitely solve your problem.

FYI I've had times where my BlackBerry charging cable isn't working with the phone ie: lightning bolt disappears. A reboot solves the problem.

11-23-15 06:41 PM
    I have a BB "battery bank" which I'm now charging since it has been idle for quite a while. I will leave it, possibly overnight, to see if I can get it up to full charge (not sure of its directions - no docs). Then I will plug it into the Z30 and see what happens. If might be nice if it finishes before bedtime when the Z30 will also be somewhat depleted and I can see what happens.
    11-23-15 07:19 PM
    It sounds like a defective cable.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 10:55 PM
    Hmmm. I don't know the level that the battery bank was at but it took 4 hours to bring it to full charge.

Okay, 9:22pm. Battery is 57%

Plugging in battery bank....Charging.

edited to add:

Now 9:49pm. Battery is 68 percent. So charging from the battery bank appears to be working.

6:20am. Overnight it hit 100% and then dropped to 90%. Looking at Device Monitor's graph, it appears that it hit 100% around midnight and held there till about 3am. Then began dropping.

This only shows that my battery bank worked to recharge my Z30. It also was left in its normal pattern. I did not really use the Z30 during this period but it was checking/collecting email and whatever runs in the background did so. I did not put it into bedside mode.
    Last edited by F2; 11-24-15 at 08:24 AM.
    11-23-15 11:24 PM
    I had the exact issue, once my small external battery pack was fully charged it started working as it should.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 12:12 AM
    Thanks for your help everyone. I'll see if wiping my device solves the problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 09:14 PM