The Z30 will get a bad wrap because like everything Blackberry in today's day and age it is late to the party. BBM I believe however will be a very successful launch for them.
    09-20-13 10:45 PM
    The Z30 will get a bad wrap because like everything Blackberry in today's day and age it is late to the party. BBM I believe however will be a very successful launch for them.
    Wasn't that supposed to have been this weekend too?
    09-20-13 11:13 PM
    Such a shame to see this happening.
    Especially everyone attacking over the DAMN Specs.
    I'm sorry but MOST People I know who either own an iPhone, or a Samsung phone, don't care sh*t about the specs. All they care is that the phone runs fine and good, lag free if you must. So I ask, why? Why is everyone so obsessed with "outdated" specs? If the phone runs Damn good and smooth, then what is your temper tantrum about?
    If the BlackBerry experience is still enjoyable, shutup.
    Maybe, just maybe(just me speculating) since android, ios, and BlackBerry are three very different OSs, they don't all need the most top-notch specs to run buttery smooth.
    On another note: 720p Vs 1080p
    Really!? "If your put a phone running 720p next to a phone running 1080p it is more than noticeable"- anonymous. Is it really such a difference to the point where, eww that makes me not want a Z30, no!! I personally cannot tell the difference, a little on my TV, less on my smartphones!
    -honestly it just baffles me, the negativety.
    What sold me is the beauty of the phone, the OS, not being ANAL About specs.
    *this is all in good nature, made for friendly exchange
    NO FLAMING

Posted via that z10!
    get with the program man. iPhone has 1GB RAM... because specs dont matter. just like when iPhone had the worst camera on any phone, but specs didnt matter. Specs only matter when there is nothing else to pick on.

The only arguments ive been seeing lately is No Apps, Bad UI and Old Specs.

No Apps... sure, not all the top ones. But i guess if BB is dropping consumers that wont matter anymore
    Bad UI ... lol
    Old Specs... well, they either matter for everyone or they dont.

If the iPhone runs fine with 1GB RAM and that isnt a problem then WHY is is a problem for BB phones to have 'old specs' but run smoothly?

and yes, i will get trolled.
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-20-13 11:13 PM
    what party is that... the bigger screen party that Apple lost the invitation to?

Wasn't that supposed to have been this weekend too?
    yes, it is... or did you miss that one positively written article from a few days ago?
    09-20-13 11:15 PM
    Apple has larger displays than BlackBerry just not on phones.
    09-20-13 11:29 PM
    Apple has larger displays than BlackBerry just not on phones.
    lol... what?
    09-21-13 12:14 AM
    Yeah the negativety was brought on by RIM and the poor job they have done since 2008. But if the facts and truth upset you then sorry for picking on the poor phone.
    Lol? Nice assumption.
    It's not the facts nor the truth, it's the ways others such as YOURSELF Perceive them. Fact is, the phone has lower specs* than oh let's say a GS4 or an HTC. My point was and still is, the specs on the Z30 need not be overly ramped in order to work and look flawlessly.

Posted via that z10!
    09-21-13 12:23 AM
    When BlackBerry is touting the Z30 as their flagship device, they should expect it to be compared with other high end, high spec devices. For years, BlackBerry has failed to keep up in the specs race & they fell way behind. They shouldn't want to repeat that mistake. Make the flagship phone w/specs comparable to other high end devices to stand half a chance. It's not like they're Apple.
    You missed the whole point of my rant..
    Good riddance

Posted via that z10!
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-21-13 12:33 AM
    Let's compare the Z30 with a phone I purchased almost one full year ago and still use everyday. The LG-made, Google Nexus 4.

If high-end specs aren't needed and aren't used, then why price the Z30 the same or higher than a high-end device?
    Don't hold your breath waiting for an answer from the Faithful.

The Nexus 4 model is the future of smartphones. There's a reason that the legacy iPhone approach has plateaued. They invented a market but people are realizing that there's no overwhelming reason to spend the super-premium price. That was one of BBRY's biggest mistakes; they thought they could do what Apple did between 2007 and 2012. They didn't realize that the train had left the station.

After having been forced to give up my beloved Blackberry, I tried an iPhone for a year and went to a Nexus 4 a while back. Best move I ever made. I feel good owning a phone that competes on all spec fronts with these +$600 phones, having paid $320 tax in for it, and it's factory unlocked.
    09-21-13 12:33 AM
    Just what specs are you talking about that matter more???!! THE CAMERA lol Who cares? 8mp is way more than most need in a phone camera. We dont need huge picture files sending to people either increasing the network traffic , wait times. Anyones phone is not a computer or a great camera. Its still a smartphone and thats all. Blackberry is the only company living in the grown up world.
    Wow. Just wow.
    Donvald and cwalt2166 like this.
    09-21-13 12:38 AM
    what party is that... the bigger screen party that Apple lost the invitation to?

Now, now. No need to be snippy. Go take a walk or something. I just mowed my lawns.

yes, it is... or did you miss that one positively written article from a few days ago?
    FSeverino likes this.
    09-21-13 12:40 AM
    Sadly since BBRY already had an image of old and slow they needed to hit the specs out of the park which they didn't and continues the mind set that BBRY is old and slow. Maybe they could get away with "we are using last year's hardware" if they didn't already have the perception that they are old and slow.

Does anyone at BBRY even have a clue how they are and have been perceived? Maybe they should think less about getting the most profit possible out of their hardware and more about how they are perceived by the public. I know they need more profit and income but that can't come at the expense of users when they can buy more for less elsewhere.

Problem comes in the mindset of people who have been told that "it's 2-year-old (fill in the blank)". Don't they realize that ALL products take years to research, develop, test and finally build??? iPhone and Android phones are NO exception to this.
    09-21-13 01:26 AM
    " You don't price your product at the top end of the spectrum and offer consumers a device with average specs.
    But isn't that apples strategy?[/QUOTE]

But Apple spends a lot on Marketing- hire a british accent guy who will discuss the awesomeness of plastic... and its sold!

Z10/9220/PlayBook
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-21-13 01:31 AM
    Attacked for a reason don't you think.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 01:55 AM
    lol... what?
    just havin a little fun
    09-21-13 02:11 AM

But Apple spends a lot on Marketing- hire a british accent guy who will discuss the awesomeness of plastic... and its sold!

Z10/9220/PlayBook
    Having handled the iPhone 5c, I can tell you the housing assembly seemed nice and solid, and didn't seem cheep at all to me. I don't think plastic will be a detracting factor at all for the 5c, since it is cheaper than 5s.
    09-21-13 02:19 AM
    Such a shame to see this happening.
    Especially everyone attacking over the DAMN Specs.
    I'm sorry but MOST People I know who either own an iPhone, or a Samsung phone, don't care sh*t about the specs. All they care is that the phone runs fine and good, lag free if you must. So I ask, why? Why is everyone so obsessed with "outdated" specs? If the phone runs Damn good and smooth, then what is your temper tantrum about?
    If the BlackBerry experience is still enjoyable, shutup.
    Maybe, just maybe(just me speculating) since android, ios, and BlackBerry are three very different OSs, they don't all need the most top-notch specs to run buttery smooth.
    On another note: 720p Vs 1080p
    Really!? "If your put a phone running 720p next to a phone running 1080p it is more than noticeable"- anonymous. Is it really such a difference to the point where, eww that makes me not want a Z30, no!! I personally cannot tell the difference, a little on my TV, less on my smartphones!
    -honestly it just baffles me, the negativety.
    What sold me is the beauty of the phone, the OS, not being ANAL About specs.
    *this is all in good nature, made for friendly exchange
    NO FLAMING

Posted via that z10!
    Put aside the operating system for a moment and imagine two phones: one has a 1080p display, larger battery, four cores, more ram and is cheaper and one has a 720p display, smaller battery, two cores, less ram and is more expensive. Which one are you going to buy?

Without doing a lot of rationalization most people are going to get the cheaper, higher spec phone. It's not being anal about specs, it's just not ignoring them.
    wtrmlnjuc likes this.
    09-21-13 02:52 AM
    Just what specs are you talking about that matter more???!! THE CAMERA lol Who cares? 8mp is way more than most need in a phone camera. We dont need huge picture files sending to people either increasing the network traffic , wait times. Anyones phone is not a computer or a great camera. Its still a smartphone and thats all. Blackberry is the only company living in the grown up world.
    If this is the attitude that blackberry has, this is why they will fail. They might (might!) survive, but not recognizing that phones were turning into cameras and computers is what got them into this mess in the first place.
    Donvald and cwalt2166 like this.
    09-21-13 02:58 AM
    Put aside the operating system for a moment and imagine two phones: one has a 1080p display, larger battery, four cores, more ram and is cheaper and one has a 720p display, smaller battery, two cores, less ram and is more expensive. Which one are you going to buy?

Without doing a lot of rationalization most people are going to get the cheaper, higher spec phone. It's not being anal about specs, it's just not ignoring them.
    Okay that makes clear sense, but obviously that is not the case here. This us what people don't get, like I said in my thread, specs are overly-hyped. The Z10 runs rather flawless with BB10 OS, ramp up the specs slightly and BAM, perfect, hence the Z30s case. What I'm saying is, if the experience is enjoyable and lag free, then why does it matter?
    Compare the OS, compare features
    Compare the look, by all means
    Compare the touch keyboards
    Alas, these are what matter.
    Most people don't run around comparing specs, as far as I know.

Posted via that z10!
    09-21-13 05:46 AM
    Okay that makes clear sense, but obviously that is not the case here. This us what people don't get, like I said in my thread, specs are overly-hyped. The Z10 runs rather flawless with BB10 OS, ramp up the specs slightly and BAM, perfect, hence the Z30s case. What I'm saying is, if the experience is enjoyable and lag free, then why does it matter?
    Compare the OS, compare features
    Compare the look, by all means
    Compare the touch keyboards
    Alas, these are what matter.
    Most people don't run around comparing specs, as far as I know.

Posted via that z10!
    These people - who do exist - are buying the Moto X or iPhone though. Both of which have great, distinctive, user focused features.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    wtrmlnjuc likes this.
    09-21-13 06:02 AM

Don't know what Apple has to do with the statement I made but sure, if that makes you feel better.
    wtrmlnjuc likes this.
    09-21-13 07:16 AM
    These people - who do exist - are buying the Moto X or iPhone though. Both of which have great, distinctive, user focused features.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    Indeed.

Posted via that z10!
    09-21-13 01:43 PM
    YOU may not care, but that doesn't mean that other consumers don't care. I'm talking about the camera, the screen resolution, the onboard storage, and the processor. The Z30 will be one of the newest phones on the market around the holiday season, but it won't lead the pack in terms of specs. Take a look at how many bloody phone reviewers there are on Youtube. And how many websites allow side by side comparisons of smartphones. PEOPLE DO look at specs! They may not fully understand the implications and trade offs, but they look at them. And when someone is torn between 2 different devices, and the price is about the same, it often comes down to the phone's specs.

Bandwidth is every increasing, as is computing power. There's no reason to stand still. Our TV's now are broadcast in HD. Our home & office Internet connections are no longer dial-up speeds, but are broadband (and getting faster every few years). Our mobile networks are now 4G speeds, and that trend will continue. I do not want to be limited by today's technology. Things move too fast.

Smartphones are not just smartphones, and even Heins said that. These things are mobile computers with more processing power than the desktops I used 10 years ago. If you don't care about specs, great! But I do, so don't tell me what I do & don't need. BlackBerry needs to keep up, plain and simple.
    Last edited by kthhrrsn; 09-23-13 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Corrected typos
    09-23-13 08:15 AM
    YOU may not care, but that doesn't mean that other consumers don't care. I'm talking about the camera, the screen resolution, the onboard storage, and the processor. The Z30 will be one of the newest phones on the market around the holiday season, but it won't lead the pack in terms of specs. Take a look at how many bloody phone reviewers there are on Youtube. And how many websites allow side by side comparisons of smartphones. PEOPLE DO look at specs! They may not fully understand the implications and trade offs, but they look at them. And when someone is torn between 2 different devices, and the price is about the same, it often comes down to the phone's specs.

Bandwidth is every increasing, as is computing power. There's no reason to stand still. Our TV's now are broadcast in HD. Our home & office Internet connections are no longer dial-up speeds, but are broadband (and getting faster every few years). Our mobile networks are now 4G speeds, and that trend will continue. I do not want to be limited by today's technology. Things move too fast.

Smartphones are not just smartphones, and even Heins said that. These things are mobile computers with more processing power than the desktops I used 10 years ago. If you don't care about specs, great! But I do, so don't tell me what I do & don't need. BlackBerry needs to keep up, plain and simple.
    Good post. Technology moves way too fast, hence why most American phone companies are now becoming off-contract, and doing phone payment plans instead for a year. This is why t mobile is offering a plan where you can change your phone every six months, that is just ridiculous, I think. In my opinion, people are overly obsessed with the "best", needing better and faster every waking moment. Specs are important, no doubt about that but when comparing two completely different phones, with OSs that look nor function alike, why does it matter
    ? When they both run at optimal speeds, and lag free. At that point the choice should just be preference based, as in which do you feel comfortable with?
    But that's just my opinion.

Posted via that z10!
    09-23-13 11:47 AM
    Its not the mega pixels. It's how good pictures we are able to take in various conditions.

I don't want to carry 2 phones or another compact camera. For work and play.

Which phone give me that will be my ultimate choice.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 04:59 AM
223 ... 34567 ...