Untrue, you can read daily FUD about BB, many people are influenced by that in their buying decisions.
    I only wish that it was "The Media" that had so much to do with the BB flop. It would be an easy fix. The worst thing someone that loves BB could do right now is NOT blame BB for what happened to BB. Putting blame on the media and the carriers won't do BB any good.

What can "The Media" say about the Z30? Can they say how innovative and incredibly different a phone it is? Can they say how it is ahead of what is already out there? Can it tell people to buy it because there is nothing like it anywhere? No. BB has the outdated, ho-hum flop that they didn't prepare to launch. Not the media.
    10-01-13 10:02 AM
    I only wish that it was "The Media" that had so much to do with the BB flop. It would be an easy fix. The worst thing someone that loves BB could do right now is NOT blame BB for what happened to BB. Putting blame on the media and the carriers won't do BB any good.

What can "The Media" say about the Z30? Can they say how innovative and incredibly different a phone it is? Can they say how it is ahead of what is already out there? Can it tell people to buy it because there is nothing like it anywhere? No. BB has the outdated, ho-hum flop that they didn't prepare to launch. Not the media.
    So what will do BlackBerry any good? I don't understand your point, BlackBerry Z30 is very different from the others, maybe not better specs wise but the experience is there and more than enjoyable. The OS10 experience is definitely an eye opening factor nothing like the rest. I don't want to compare much, but isn't the iPhone 5s a little outdated in its specs aswell?
    Just questions

Posted via that z10!
    10-01-13 03:57 PM

And this guy gets it. There is almost nothing innovative about this device same old thing as always. The OS is nice but that is it, I can't really think of anything that stands out from the crowd. Hub is nice to but that's really it. Until we get something crazy awesome there will be no hope for this company in the consumer market and they will get drowned out of the businesses sector because apple and android are working on their security as well. There is no "nich" In 3 years time.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 07:11 AM
    And this guy gets it. There is almost nothing innovative about this device same old thing as always. The OS is nice but that is it, I can't really think of anything that stands out from the crowd. Hub is nice to but that's really it. Until we get something crazy awesome there will be no hope for this company in the consumer market and they will get drowned out of the businesses sector because apple and android are working on their security as well. There is no "nich" In 3 years time.

Posted via CB10
    Yea as much as I want to disagree, that is true. Especially in the consumer market, if it's not popular then it's not in.. BlackBerry hasn't been able to do that.
    That being said, my favorite phone EVER, is the z10 until I can get my hands on the Z30

Posted via that z10!
    PhilipDZ likes this.
    10-02-13 08:43 AM
    I'm not surprised. To hit back at the big boys you gotta have something really great going on and despite a solid UI, QNX lacks apps and anything that should make someone switch.

I totally agree though that specs don't make the phone.
    hazarder likes this.
    10-02-13 11:23 AM
    Specs are a huge selling point!

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 11:42 AM
    There have been a few excellent reviews in Australian media. The Sydney Morning Herald noted that if BlackBerry was to position itself as a niche, high end device manufacturer then the Z30 was an excellent device to fit this category.

Gizmodo Australia also posted an article about the Z30 which was actually really positive!
    Check them out!

Posted via CB10
    Both excellent articles and well worth a read. Reality is, though, that Blackberry's market share here is half of one percent. That's .5%. So, of Australia's roughly 6m smartphone users, oh god, you can do the maths. If *every* Blackberry owner in Australia upgraded to the Z30 they'd sell 30,000 units here. Don't count on new customers. It ain't gonna happen in this environment. Depressing, at best.
    10-02-13 11:56 PM
    Both excellent articles and well worth a read. Reality is, though, that Blackberry's market share here is half of one percent. That's .5%. So, of Australia's roughly 6m smartphone users, oh god, you can do the maths. If *every* Blackberry owner in Australia upgraded to the Z30 they'd sell 30,000 units here. Don't count on new customers. It ain't gonna happen in this environment. Depressing, at best.
    Reality is never pretty.

Posted via that z10!
    10-03-13 12:01 AM
    Blackberry needs to hit the road and tell people "Bring your device and do our challenge. If you can complete the given tasks on your Android or iOS device faster than we can on our Z30, we'll give you money AND the device. There is no way you can read a website and check AND respond to an incoming email, whatsapp and a text message and finish reading your webpage faster than on BB10.
    I'll take that challenge, and win.

Posted via CB10
    raysgrumpy likes this.
    10-05-13 05:34 PM
    BlackBerry is doing what they have always done hardware/software wise. The difference today is the market is consumer driven. I'll be buying a Z30 because it works like I do, efficiently. No facebook, instagram, or gaming is fine by me.

Problem is there isn't enough buyers like me.
    John Pawling and CDM76 like this.
    10-05-13 07:56 PM
    BlackBerry is doing what they have always done hardware/software wise. The difference today is the market is consumer driven. I'll be buying a Z30 because it works like I do, efficiently. No facebook, instagram, or gaming is fine by me.

Problem is there isn't enough buyers like me.
    Smart. I can agree with this, and that is why I am getting the Z30 aswell

Posted via that z10!
    John Pawling likes this.
    10-05-13 09:06 PM
    Get it (I did) and you'll know this spec battle is worthless on a usage POV. Now, unfortunately, on a marketing angle... I can understand some of yours concerns.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-12-13 05:16 PM
    I'm one of those people that absolutely need apps. But having used my z10 the last 4 weeks, I have actually come to rely on the hub and keyboard a great deal. I'm willing to forgo apps because this platform offers so much more, for me.

I think in have been spoiled by the whole bb10 experience. Although I'm a long time iPhone user (since the iPhone 3G days) I'm hopelessly addicted to the BB10 platform. using my old iPhone 4 feels like a chore now. I don't think I can consider another platform if they don't offer something similar to the hub and a comparable keyboard. But I hate the damn battery life on my z10, so I'm thinking of picking up the Z30. If you had told me a year ago I would be thinking of buying a $700 dollar blackberry phone, I would have thought you're nuts. I was the biggest iPhone fan ever. I just wish people would give BB10 phones a chance!

Also, anyone else regret moving from the z10 to the z30? I'm not sure if I can deal with the size of that phone.

Posted via CB10
    baspeed, CDM76 and Superfly_FR like this.
    10-12-13 11:16 PM
    Facebook is fine.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 11:31 PM
    Reality is never pretty.

Posted via that z10!
    Unless it comes to Apple.
    10-12-13 11:49 PM
    So what will do BlackBerry any good? I don't understand your point, BlackBerry Z30 is very different from the others, maybe not better specs wise but the experience is there and more than enjoyable. The OS10 experience is definitely an eye opening factor nothing like the rest. I don't want to compare much, but isn't the iPhone 5s a little outdated in its specs aswell?
    Just questions

Posted via that z10!
    Great experience on current specs... but could better specs improve the experience to another level?

Why not make BB10 even better? Considering the situation they are in.
    10-12-13 11:52 PM
    LG USA Mobile on FB - Write a eulogy for your BlackBerry on your new LG G2�s beautiful 5.2� full 1080HD display. LG G2: A Phone Inspired By You | LG USA
    10-12-13 11:55 PM
    I have a friend who got Z30 and let me play with it for a couple of hours... Z30 is a robust version of my Z10... it is great, I believe, specially for someone already accustom to BB10 OS... but with its specs, regardless of how optimize its OS is, it shouldn't be priced at premium... we cannot simply justify premium price with mediocre specs... it is common perspective that the higher the specifications, the better... and we can start with battery, GPU, antenna and camera specs as in the case of Z10 to Z30...

One failure of Z10, I believe is, its pricing... it impede the device to be in many users' hands as much as possible... and it doesn't justify the introductory price with its specs - regardles of its added value OS... speaking of, the OS can, but it still needs to prove its usage, stability, experience and ecosystem...

Posted via Z10
    10-13-13 12:07 AM
    BB10 doesn't need better specs to deliver better user experience than other OSs (let's say that's true), but better specs will help BB10 to deliver better user experience than it can deliver on current specs.

So what's wrong to request better specs from BBRY again?

People (including me) don't criticize Z30's specs because BB10 needs better specs, people criticize it because BBRY needs it.

When you are an underdog in the market, you need to do way better than others to survive, not just do as good as others. Either sell the same experience cheaper than the competitors, or sell WAY better experience at the same price point as competitors.

You can't argue against LOGIC.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-13-13 12:18 AM
    BB10 doesn't need better specs to deliver better user experience than other OSs (let's say that's true), but better specs will help BB10 to deliver better user experience than it can deliver on current specs.

So what's wrong to request better specs from BBRY again?

People (including me) don't criticize Z30's specs because BB10 needs better specs, people criticize it because BBRY needs it.

When you are an underdog in the market, you need to do way better than others to survive, not just do as good as others. Either sell the same experience cheaper than the competitors, or sell WAY better experience at the same price point as competitors.

You can't argue against LOGIC.
    Agh, I agreed with what you said earlier but not so much this. How much better can the experience be than on the Z30?
    And yes people criticize because it needs better specs, I understand possibly that better specs can help sell the phone. But remember this is no android that needs the highest specs possible to run its ****TY Operating system, and yes it sucks. This is BlackBerry OS, it can run perfectly on "outdated" specs. It's not LOGIC That is just plain ignorance on your part.

Posted via that z10!
    10-13-13 01:03 AM
    LG USA Mobile on FB - Write a eulogy for your BlackBerry on your new LG G2�s beautiful 5.2� full 1080HD display. LG G2: A Phone Inspired By You | LG USA
    Lmfao. That's pretty hilarious. They were asking for it releasing this phone. Nokia also didn't upgrades the specs on the 1020 much, but they didn't need to with that camera. This phone just doesn't have a selling point. It almost baffles me that it even exists, tbh.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    10-13-13 01:09 AM
    Get it (I did) and you'll know this spec battle is worthless on a usage POV. Now, unfortunately, on a marketing angle... I can understand some of yours concerns.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, that new SoC and camera in the iPhone that let's you do 10 FPS burst shots and 120 FPS 720P is completely useless from a usage PoV.

Wake up.

hazarder likes this.
    10-13-13 01:11 AM
    A lot of people talk about the iPhone, but tend to forget that Apple does not publish specs like processor speed and RAM size, among other things. This information comes from benchmarking apps and tear downs. They do not market in specs. They market capabilities and user experience. Samsung has been doing much of the same lately (e.g. their S Beam commercials, etc.).

Specs are too good to be that huge ofba selling point outside of certain niches.

Problem is, in the consumer market BB10 is no more capable than other OSes and even less so than some.

Think about it. Things like retina screens, zero shutter lag, 4G connectivity, and (aside from BB) integrated cloud services are commodity these days.

Specs matter mostly to future proof the device so that performance is largely consistent throughout the devices lifetime, not simply to get good performance out of it.

10-13-13 01:45 AM
    BlackBerry hardware and software are very strong now. I really admire QNX platform and the new Z30. But the weakest link is the advertising and promotion attitude. We always feel just those are too plain and calm. They have to make noise.

Posted via CB10 by Z30
    10-13-13 02:08 AM
    Agh, I agreed with what you said earlier but not so much this. How much better can the experience be than on the Z30?
    And yes people criticize because it needs better specs, I understand possibly that better specs can help sell the phone. But remember this is no android that needs the highest specs possible to run its ****TY Operating system, and yes it sucks. This is BlackBerry OS, it can run perfectly on "outdated" specs. It's not LOGIC That is just plain ignorance on your part.

Posted via that z10!
    No you don't understand what I am saying there. I am going to highlight it for you:

*BB10 OS* doesn't need better specs, *BBRY (as the company)* needs it.

BBRY needs it because BB10 devices don't sell well. To make it sell, you either drop the price or pack more value into the device without dropping the price. If BBRY wants to maintain its status as premium device maker, they probably want to keep the price tag but pack more value into the product. One way of doing this is to pack better specs into the device, regardless these devices or user need it or not.
    hazarder likes this.
    10-13-13 09:51 AM
223 ... 6789