Its all the sheep people that are doing it im sure, YES Sheep! LOL
    The phone looks to be amazing
    baspeed likes this.
    09-19-13 02:00 PM
    You fail to mention the sub par camera and the lack of apps. There is almost nothing innovative about this phone. The OS is the only good thing about it to set it apart from the competition.. if you want to sell your product you have to be better than the competition. Z10 on steroids that's all it is. Really set it next to the GS4 on paper and ask the non informed consumer what looks better? Yeah you shut up.

Posted via CB10
    Clearly I hurt your feelings. That's a decent opinion, but I was talking about people's obsession over the specs, not the camera nor the apps,but here goes. My z10 camera works perfectly fine for me, no complaints ever for one. And really apps? Only app I miss is my bank app, and for that you know what I do? Open up my browser. I remember back in my android days, loading up "millions" of useless apps because they were cool or may be of some use... and then never using them again, I'm sure many can agree. next.

Posted via that z10!
    gfondeur and Turnda643 like this.
    09-19-13 03:47 PM
    There is a series of commercials in the US where this guy is sitting around a little table with 4 children. He asks them a question like what is better, slow or fast? The kids all respond enthusiastically. Anyway point being that the ad's theme seems to be more is better. It may not be true but it is so in the marketing world for many, many products. The other piece of that marketing philosophy is more for less. It speaks to our culturally defined sense of capitalism. BlackBerry isn't American and has never understood fully the American marketing psyche or so it would seem. This the focus on practical, rather than aspirational. Works in business but not in the consumer world.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, valid point. I can't really argue that. Numbers don't lie; ultimately if a person has to decide between two phones, let's say a z30 or GS4 maybe the deciding factor can be specs, and the Z30 will lose that. But, even at that... my position still stands, if the enjoyable experience is there, then why does it matter?

Posted via that z10!
    09-19-13 03:52 PM
    Blackberry just has the massive disadvantage that they have a very bad image.

I also think that Blackberry isn't emphasising why they are different than the rest.

I hardly see Windows Phone (Really only Nokia's nowadays) attacked on specs.
    The Lumia 1020 runs on a Dual core, 768x1280 screen, which is low(er) specced hardware than the competition.
    But Nokia/Microsoft emphasises the camera functionality which is superior to many phones out there, Free Nokia Maps, a decent app market etc. etc. etc.

You've got to make a difference, and BB isn't doing this enough.
    Very well said

Posted via CB10
    Donvald and hazarder like this.
    09-19-13 04:33 PM
    Such a shame to see this happening.
    Especially everyone attacking over the DAMN Specs.
    I'm sorry but MOST People I know who either own an iPhone, or a Samsung phone, don't care sh*t about the specs. All they care is that the phone runs fine and good, lag free if you must. So I ask, why? Why is everyone so obsessed with "outdated" specs? If the phone runs Damn good and smooth, then what is your temper tantrum about?
    If the BlackBerry experience is still enjoyable, shutup.
    Maybe, just maybe(just me speculating) since android, ios, and BlackBerry are three very different OSs, they don't all need the most top-notch specs to run buttery smooth.
    On another note: 720p Vs 1080p
    Really!? "If your put a phone running 720p next to a phone running 1080p it is more than noticeable"- anonymous. Is it really such a difference to the point where, eww that makes me not want a Z30, no!! I personally cannot tell the difference, a little on my TV, less on my smartphones!
    -honestly it just baffles me, the negativety.
    What sold me is the beauty of the phone, the OS, not being ANAL About specs.
    *this is all in good nature, made for friendly exchange
    NO FLAMING

Posted via that z10!
    I agree 1,000%, I think that BlackBerry has done a wonderful job with the Z30.

A lot of people don't know much to any thing about the specs of a device they buy today, but again a few do.

One of the specs that I really like and I have heard few mention it is the better/ larger antenna to help where there is poor reception, that alone is a good selling point for me.! Where I work a lot of people have to go out side to get good reception, our shop is in a low place. Homes with metal roofs have poor cell phone reception.

I think All in All the Z30 is an amazing product..!!!
    hazarder likes this.
    09-19-13 08:01 PM
    Such a shame to see this happening.
    Especially everyone attacking over the DAMN Specs.
    I'm sorry but MOST People I know who either own an iPhone, or a Samsung phone, don't care sh*t about the specs. All they care is that the phone runs fine and good, lag free if you must. So I ask, why? Why is everyone so obsessed with "outdated" specs? If the phone runs Damn good and smooth, then what is your temper tantrum about?
    If the BlackBerry experience is still enjoyable, shutup.
    Maybe, just maybe(just me speculating) since android, ios, and BlackBerry are three very different OSs, they don't all need the most top-notch specs to run buttery smooth.
    On another note: 720p Vs 1080p
    Really!? "If your put a phone running 720p next to a phone running 1080p it is more than noticeable"- anonymous. Is it really such a difference to the point where, eww that makes me not want a Z30, no!! I personally cannot tell the difference, a little on my TV, less on my smartphones!
    -honestly it just baffles me, the negativety.
    What sold me is the beauty of the phone, the OS, not being ANAL About specs.
    *this is all in good nature, made for friendly exchange
    NO FLAMING

Posted via that z10!
    Specs sells. It's what the salesperson uses to sell one device over another.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    09-19-13 08:07 PM
    I agree 1,000%, I think that BlackBerry has done a wonderful job with the Z30.

A lot of people don't know much to any thing about the specs of a device they buy today, but again a few do.

One of the specs that I really like and I have heard few mention it is the better/ larger antenna to help where there is poor reception, that alone is a good selling point for me.! Where I work a lot of people have to go out side to get good reception, our shop is in a low place. Homes with metal roofs have poor cell phone reception.

I think All in All the Z30 is an amazing product..!!!
    But because it's BlackBerry, if it doesn't offer a full five bars absolutely everywhere, it will simply be another thing for people to whine about.

There are always good and bad things about every device out there. People will always find something to complain about because you simply cannot please everyone.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-19-13 08:44 PM
    Specs sells. It's what the salesperson uses to sell one device over another.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    Well yea, that's what I said earlier. If it does come down to that deciding factor than yes, but if a person is presented two phones, GS4 & Z10, by a salesperson and he says try them out; will the specs matter when that person sees how smoothly the OS10 runs in the BlackBerry? Or when the person notices how unique and fresh this OS is? The hub?
    Don't get me wrong, the GS4 is buttery smooth aswell, specially out the box, but is the experience just as enjoyable as the Z10? Yes the screen resolution may be better.. I can't tell the difference without trying. That android experience is one I find bland, lifeless.
    I understand this is biased.
    But that's my stand.

Posted via that z10!
    09-19-13 10:04 PM
    " You don't price your product at the top end of the spectrum and offer consumers a device with average specs.
    But isn't that apples strategy?
    I can't said it better!!!
    09-19-13 10:37 PM
    Blackberry is the red-headed step child of the mobile phone industry. I'm not surprised it's being picked on.
    09-19-13 10:40 PM
    mid-range specs is absolutely fine........................ as long as they charge a mid-range price, unlike the Z10 where they had a �650 price tag on hardware that sony could better for �280.

they may have learnt their lesson this time around, for the Z30 is arriving in Selfridges online store with a �529 price tag...
    Thats not apple strategy?
    09-19-13 10:42 PM
    Numbers don't lie; ultimately if a person has to decide between two phones, let's say a z30 or GS4 maybe the deciding factor can be specs, and the Z30 will lose that.
    Forget specs. Blackberry has announced they are up for sale. That's an enormous red flag to potential buyers now. A lot of consumers who are interested in purchasing a new phone are forced to ask themselves the question as to whether or not they believe Blackberry will still be in business a year from now.
    09-19-13 10:48 PM
    .........my bank app, and for that you know what I do? Open up my browser............
    +1 excellent post.........
    09-19-13 10:57 PM
    Well yea, that's what I said earlier. If it does come down to that deciding factor than yes, but if a person is presented two phones, GS4 & Z10, by a salesperson and he says try them out; will the specs matter when that person sees how smoothly the OS10 runs in the BlackBerry? Or when the person notices how unique and fresh this OS is? The hub?
    Don't get me wrong, the GS4 is buttery smooth aswell, specially out the box, but is the experience just as enjoyable as the Z10? Yes the screen resolution may be better.. I can't tell the difference without trying. That android experience is one I find bland, lifeless.
    I understand this is biased.
    But that's my stand.

Posted via that z10!
    that person will be choose galaxy s4 easily...
    * better screen resolution
    * higher camera megapixels
    * marketing gimmick like air gesture, smartpause , tv remote etc
    * better brand recognition than blackberry
    * lot of apps
    * google support : youtube, gmail, google maps
    * lot of accesories
    * the UI easier for first time user

besides BB10 running android apps, so i think at least Blackberry have to match android specs to make the experience same thing, if they dont want the BB10 user feels ported android apps feels clunky , lags etc . please correct me if i'm wrong
    09-19-13 11:09 PM
    Thats not apple strategy?
    Apple was first to the market with a modern smartphone and has become one of the market leaders. Blackberry can't just do what Apple does, they must either have a higher-end phone for the same price, a similar phone for less money, or preferably a higher-end phone for less money. If you're racing someone with a head start you have to run faster to catch up in order to catch up, not at the same speed.
    devin266 likes this.
    09-19-13 11:18 PM
    Blackberry needs to hit the road and tell people "Bring your device and do our challenge. If you can complete the given tasks on your Android or iOS device faster than we can on our Z30, we'll give you money AND the device. There is no way you can read a website and check AND respond to an incoming email, whatsapp and a text message and finish reading your webpage faster than on BB10.
    melb_me and tmanthib like this.
    09-19-13 11:19 PM
    Clearly I hurt your feelings. That's a decent opinion, but I was talking about people's obsession over the specs, not the camera nor the apps,but here goes. My z10 camera works perfectly fine for me, no complaints ever for one. And really apps? Only app I miss is my bank app, and for that you know what I do? Open up my browser. I remember back in my android days, loading up "millions" of useless apps because they were cool or may be of some use... and then never using them again, I'm sure many can agree. next.

Posted via that z10!
    wow another browser vs apps , you know Blackberry already try it before and fail miserably right ?

there are many thing apps can offer much better than a web based :
    * apps are being design for touchscreen based device so the experience and the UI are much better.
    * real time notification from the apps, you can't do it on browser
    * you can run some apps offline
    * it just need 1-2 step for you to run apps
    * there are some apps that doesnt have web based version
    * it works great with your smartphone hardware like GPS, accelerometer, gyroscope, camera etc

yes, many people install apps they dont use, but at least you have an option to install it or not , trying what apps are better because there are so many apps available for you .it is much better position then wandering when the apps you need it come out for your platform
    Last edited by garnok; 09-19-13 at 11:42 PM.
    09-19-13 11:24 PM
    I think People who attack BB are going crazy , because BlackBerry doesn't want to give up...
    Then explain how they announced they desperately want a sale and for it to be done NOW.
    09-19-13 11:36 PM
    Specs suck. Overpriced

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 11:39 PM
    that person will be choose galaxy s4 easily...
    * better screen resolution
    * higher camera megapixels
    * marketing gimmick like air gesture, smartpause , tv remote etc
    * better brand recognition than blackberry
    * lot of apps
    * google support : youtube, gmail, google maps
    * lot of accesories
    * the UI easier for first time user

besides BB10 running android apps, so i think at least Blackberry have to match android specs to make the experience same thing, if they dont want the BB10 user feels ported android apps feels clunky , lags etc . please correct me if i'm wrong
    Things you named there are insignificant, all good selling points. But, when set side to side as I have before, both screens look stunning, hardly noticeable; same for the camera-ish. The air gesture is cool, very cool, when I first saw it I was ecstatic. Though people I know now who have the GS4 don't use it, at all. Same goes for smart pause and TV remote, though these are very good points you have made. I will not argue the fact that those features do sell.
    BlackBerry has lots of apps too, lol, as well as accessories: useless. BlackBerry has maps which works perfectly fine, 5 out of 5 times that I have actually used it in my 6-7 months of owning my zed10. Samsung can have the Google support.
    Nuff said!

Posted via that z10!
    09-20-13 12:14 AM
    wow another browser vs apps , you know Blackberry already try it before and fail miserably right ?

there are many thing apps can offer much better than a web based :
    * apps are being design for touchscreen based device so the experience and the UI are much better.
    * real time notification from the apps, you can't do it on browser
    * you can run some apps offline
    * it just need 1-2 step for you to run apps
    * there are some apps that doesnt have web based version
    * it works great with your smartphone hardware like GPS, accelerometer, gyroscope, camera etc

yes, many people install apps they dont use, but at least you have an option to install it or not , trying what apps are better because there are so many apps available for you .it is much better position then wandering when the apps you need it come out for your platform
    BANKING WEBPAGE. What more experience do I need other than checking my accounts,transferring money, and paying bills? There's nothing to that, my browser experience is Damn near perfect.
    You made a GREAT Point with that last little paragraph. But alas, I have a rebuttal. How many people don't have a smartphone today? How many of those aren't either android based or ios? Hence my point being, nowadays if someone was to make the transition over to BlackBerry chances are they've already experienced the horde of "useless" apps, I for one got tired of it.

Posted via that z10!
    09-20-13 12:25 AM
    Things you named there are insignificant, all good selling points. But, when set side to side as I have before, both screens look stunning, hardly noticeable; same for the camera-ish. The air gesture is cool, very cool, when I first saw it I was ecstatic. Though people I know now who have the GS4 don't use it, at all. Same goes for smart pause and TV remote, though these are very good points you have made. I will not argue the fact that those features do sell.
    BlackBerry has lots of apps too, lol, as well as accessories: useless. BlackBerry has maps which works perfectly fine, 5 out of 5 times that I have actually used it in my 6-7 months of owning my zed10. Samsung can have the Google support.
    Nuff said!

Posted via that z10!
    that is why many people will choose to buy Galaxy S4 then BB10 phone. it is look very nice first impression are important. maybe you dont use the feature but everyone likes the option of having it.

google support are one thing important maybe it works well for you only using BB provide...but you can see the uproar when apple not support google maps, or when google stop microsoft youtube. especially google maps they have impressive traffic, transportation, nearest place (restaurant, atm, gas station) information even if you not living in canada or US.

yea BB10 have a lot of apps but 50% come from one or two developers only city guide/ebook they copy from others, majority apps on BB10 are android port,

accesories are important for many people even one crackberry source income is accesories.
    09-20-13 12:35 AM
    Sadly for BB, when you're #3 or, more likely, #4 in the market, putting out just average specs doesn't get you anywhere. To be taken seriously, you need to very significantly beat the specs (both hardware and software) offered by those in #1 and #2.

So, if BBRY wanted to be even remotely relevant, they would look around and see what their competing product lines are and put out something that would generate buzz and not yawns. You don't price your product at the top end of the spectrum and offer consumers a device with average specs.
    Except Apple isn't offering what you just said... so something is wrong with your logic.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 12:40 AM
    BANKING WEBPAGE. What more experience do I need other than checking my accounts,transferring money, and paying bills? There's nothing to that, my browser experience is Damn near perfect.
    You made a GREAT Point with that last little paragraph. But alas, I have a rebuttal. How many people don't have a smartphone today? How many of those aren't either android based or ios? Hence my point being, nowadays if someone was to make the transition over to BlackBerry chances are they've already experienced the horde of "useless" apps, I for one got tired of it.

Posted via that z10!
    Global PC sales are keep declining, while Smartphone and tablet (android, ios) sales are keep increasing on a fast rate, many people on emerging market only using their cheap smartphone and tablet to access the internet. plus right now some PC maker offering android based laptop , so in near future (or maybe already happen today) smartphone based user on android / ios already trump PC

so how many people migrate from android/ios to BB10 ? and how many BB user migrate from their phone to android/ios ? you can find the answer yourself
    09-20-13 12:56 AM
    @garnok you got solid numbers on how many android and iOS users switched to BB10?? Source? I'm one to go from iOS to BB10

Posted via CB10
    hazarder likes this.
    09-20-13 01:12 AM
223 12345 ...