" You don't price your product at the top end of the spectrum and offer consumers a device with average specs.[/QUOTE]

But isn't that apples strategy?
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-19-13 06:44 AM
    Sadly for BB, when you're #3 or, more likely, #4 in the market, putting out just average specs doesn't get you anywhere. To be taken seriously, you need to very significantly beat the specs (both hardware and software) offered by those in #1 and #2.

So, if BBRY wanted to be even remotely relevant, they would look around and see what their competing product lines are and put out something that would generate buzz and not yawns. You don't price your product at the top end of the spectrum and offer consumers a device with average specs.
    Make your choice

• Cafe / Cappuccino
    • Windermere
    • Tigris
    • Ontario

... and be patient.
    09-19-13 07:04 AM
    Such a shame to see this happening.
    Especially everyone attacking over the DAMN Specs.
    I'm sorry but MOST People I know who either own an iPhone, or a Samsung phone, don't care sh*t about the specs. All they care is that the phone runs fine and good, lag free if you must. So I ask, why? Why is everyone so obsessed with "outdated" specs? If the phone runs Damn good and smooth, then what is your temper tantrum about?
    If the BlackBerry experience is still enjoyable, shutup.
    Maybe, just maybe(just me speculating) since android, ios, and BlackBerry are three very different OSs, they don't all need the most top-notch specs to run buttery smooth.
    On another note: 720p Vs 1080p
    Really!? "If your put a phone running 720p next to a phone running 1080p it is more than noticeable"- anonymous. Is it really such a difference to the point where, eww that makes me not want a Z30, no!! I personally cannot tell the difference, a little on my TV, less on my smartphones!
    -honestly it just baffles me, the negativety.
    What sold me is the beauty of the phone, the OS, not being ANAL About specs.
    *this is all in good nature, made for friendly exchange
    NO FLAMING

Posted via that z10!
    People on forums care about specs. People on the street don't know a snapdragon this from a snapdragon that. Specs are way overblown by the haters, just like the power of QNX is way overblown by the fanboys. Neither mean squat on the street. What people on the street care about are apps, and in BBRY's case, how viable the company is (will the phone be supported 6 months after they buy it).
    kbz1960 and MERCDROID like this.
    09-19-13 07:17 AM
    So I ask, why? Why is everyone so obsessed with "outdated" specs?
    mid-range specs is absolutely fine........................ as long as they charge a mid-range price, unlike the Z10 where they had a �650 price tag on hardware that sony could better for �280.

they may have learnt their lesson this time around, for the Z30 is arriving in Selfridges online store with a �529 price tag...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-19-13 07:42 AM
    People on forums care about specs. People on the street don't know a snapdragon this from a snapdragon that. Specs are way overblown by the haters, just like the power of QNX is way overblown by the fanboys. Neither mean squat on the street. What people on the street care about are apps, and in BBRY's case, how viable the company is (will the phone be supported 6 months after they buy it).
    Ah but people on the street know (or at least most) when a number is bigger than another number and somehow consumers think that bigger #s = better. Sadly "the experience" of the device is never really considered which is why so many people are using Samsung
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-19-13 07:55 AM
    Apple is continually attacked for specs, far more than blackberry. Apple gets attacked for; RAM, screen size, ppi, NFC, number of cores, mhz. These attacks normally come from the Android camp, because in the Android universe specs are much more important. The only thing that separates a Samsung S4 from an HTC One are specs.
    09-19-13 07:55 AM
    In this day of short lifespans for technology, specs equate to future proofing. We know future OSes will use more resources, so higher specs now give us a better chance of longevity.
    joshua_sx1 likes this.
    09-19-13 08:05 AM
    By watching the un boxing video and the hands on it seems pretty darn zippy to me. How many phone owners out there even know anything about specs anyway? What does it matter what the specs are if it's fast and responsive? People are just looking for a reason to bash... I for one could care less. The touch screen keyboard should sell this phone alone.

Posted via CB10
    hazarder likes this.
    09-19-13 08:09 AM
    Well I'll be buying a Z30.

And if, as is reported, Verizon will have the phone early, it suggests that the previous minimum sales contracts with Apple are done and Verizon is free to promote whatever it wants.

In which case the Z30 may sell rather better than most people are expecting.
    09-19-13 08:09 AM
    Exactly, average people on the street who buy or upgrade their phones only care about Battery Life, Ease of Use and will the phone company be around in 2 or 3 years when my contract expires.

It seems that only people on the Forums really care about the nitty gritty specs and nit pick over every Pixel, Hz or MB.

Reading the posted or leaked specs is one thing, holding the phone and using it is another, I will reserve my judgement on the Z30 until I try one out in real life, and if I don't think it is worth upgrading to it from my Z10, so be it.

MrVermin
    09-19-13 08:28 AM
    I disagree. My sister who knows nothing other than how to use her programs asked me the other day about tablets and she asked if x was better because it had a better screen and processor, it sounded better to her solely on these 2 specs. She doesn't know ppi from pee.
    09-19-13 08:53 AM
    I'm sorry but MOST People I know who either own an iPhone, or a Samsung phone, don't care sh*t about the specs. All they care is that the phone runs fine and good, lag free if you must. So I ask, why? Why is everyone so obsessed with "outdated" specs? If the phone runs Damn good and smooth, then what is your temper tantrum about?
    Maybe, just maybe(just me speculating) since android, ios, and BlackBerry are three very different OSs, they don't all need the most top-notch specs to run buttery smooth.
    Really!? "If your put a phone running 720p next to a phone running 1080p it is more than noticeable"- anonymous. Is it really such a difference to the point where, eww that makes me not want a Z30, no!! I personally cannot tell the difference, a little on my TV, less on my smartphones!
    NO FLAMING

Posted via that z10!
    You fail to mention the sub par camera and the lack of apps. There is almost nothing innovative about this phone. The OS is the only good thing about it to set it apart from the competition.. if you want to sell your product you have to be better than the competition. Z10 on steroids that's all it is. Really set it next to the GS4 on paper and ask the non informed consumer what looks better? Yeah you shut up.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 09:00 AM
    I disagree. My sister who knows nothing other than how to use her programs asked me the other day about tablets and she asked if x was better because it had a better screen and processor, it sounded better to her solely on these 2 specs. She doesn't know ppi from pee.
    I agree....they could have slapped on a 10-12mp camera and voila!
    Even if the ppi wasn't the greatest...the consumer perception of it being higher than 8mp.....
    They haven't given a reason for people not to bash them........until then, it'll continue.
    09-19-13 09:03 AM
    Make your choice

Cafe / Cappuccino
    Windermere
    Tigris
    Ontario

... and be patient.
    Fair enough .

the thing i see real interesting is AMOLED and Paratek antena with 2800 mah battery. The battery life will be awesome with these 3 new improvements.

CPU and GPU is better . not marginally .

I only looking forward to a better and faster camera . with Z 10 form factor, i have the s4 , i prefer z 10 size for work . I might be bored and want a qwerty keyboard again. Will be a great phone. Im sticking with my z 10 .

Z 30 should be what z10 be! That would be awrsome.

Scrap the next upgrade phone and get straight to where HTC or galaxy going to be!
    Last edited by nuke99; 09-19-13 at 10:00 AM.
    09-19-13 09:23 AM
    The funny part is also that Z10/Z30 multitask Android apps better than half of the Android phones out there
    09-19-13 10:00 AM
    There is a series of commercials in the US where this guy is sitting around a little table with 4 children. He asks them a question like what is better, slow or fast? The kids all respond enthusiastically. Anyway point being that the ad's theme seems to be more is better. It may not be true but it is so in the marketing world for many, many products. The other piece of that marketing philosophy is more for less. It speaks to our culturally defined sense of capitalism. BlackBerry isn't American and has never understood fully the American marketing psyche or so it would seem. This the focus on practical, rather than aspirational. Works in business but not in the consumer world.

Posted via CB10
    Sugarfreak and croman like this.
    09-19-13 10:18 AM
    It looks like one hellishly sexy mofo of a phone - uber-bling
    09-19-13 10:31 AM
    Sadly since BBRY already had an image of old and slow they needed to hit the specs out of the park which they didn't and continues the mind set that BBRY is old and slow. Maybe they could get away with "we are using last year's hardware" if they didn't already have the perception that they are old and slow.

Does anyone at BBRY even have a clue how they are and have been perceived? Maybe they should think less about getting the most profit possible out of their hardware and more about how they are perceived by the public. I know they need more profit and income but that can't come at the expense of users when they can buy more for less elsewhere.
    This hits the issue on the nose. Either BBRY needs to come out with some very high quality advertising (read brain washing) or scum to the spec battle.

Also, specs do become more important when running third party apps as they are not necessarily as code efficient as BB10.
    09-19-13 10:32 AM
    Guys, they were scared with the Z30 releases that's why so much negativity pumping right after Z30 news. Look, Z30 has 50% better battery life than the competitors. This is a plus already. You can train your Z30 to prioritize your email. You can peek information at the icon when wake up the device. You can reply to message without launching the app while you surfing the web or reading email. This is just a few features but it has many more features that the competitions lack of.
    gfondeur and melb_me like this.
    09-19-13 10:44 AM
    Guys, they were scared with the Z30 releases that's why so much negativity pumping right after Z30 news. Look, Z30 has 50% better battery life than the competitors. This is a plus already. You can train your Z30 to prioritize your email. You can peek information at the icon when wake up the device. You can reply to message without launching the app while you surfing the web or reading email. This is just a few features but it has many more features that the competitions lack of.
    This is so full of errors it's not even funny. Battery is not 50 percent better than the competition, maybe some but to summerize it as all is way way out. And you can already reply to messages while doing other things. and what are these many more features you speak of???? Besides the hub of course and all things that happen in the hub.. I love blackberry but there really is no wow factor don't try and make it that way.

Posted via CB10
    Donvald likes this.
    09-19-13 11:43 AM
    It's far superior to any iPhone, end of discussion, thanks for coming and goodnight
    gfondeur, hazarder and Turnda643 like this.
    09-19-13 12:50 PM
    When BlackBerry makes a superior phone they won't be seeking buyers... Superiority is a numbers game that relies on perception and not reality. BlackBerry has always made a better tool while at the same time making a crappy toy. The superior phone is the one that you can sale to the masses. I loved my past BlackBerry phones and my Q10 is ok... I understand why BB10 has flopped. A bigger screen and some neat, but minor OS changes won't help. There are not many people in the world dropping their iPhones for BlackBerry phones. Android OS is the gorilla in every room on the planet. BlackBerry missed their opportunity when they didn't listen to what the average fool on the street wanted. The spec race is important because the specs get the attention of your average user.

Many BlackBerry fans are making the same mistake BlackBerry has made over the year. You think because you like you stuff everyone else should too. That attitude did not work out for Jim and Mike. Now the new guy just wants to sell BlackBerry and tell the stubborn BlackBerry fans like me "thanks for coming and goodnight. "
    devin266 likes this.
    09-19-13 01:12 PM
    IMO, the Z30 is definitely better than Apple's 5" phone...

Posted via CB10
    PygmySurfer likes this.
    09-19-13 01:18 PM
    There is also the comment I have heard that 'it has lower specs because the OS is inferior and can't handle better hardware ' 'after all if the OS is so great it should run even better with better hardware ' . Lower specs is just one more way BlackBerry has shot themselves in the foot with. It may run perfect with lower specs, but delberitlly doing something that anybody common sense would know would get negative comments is either nieve or stupid. And seeing as how thousands of people have said get the best hardware. I'm leaning to stubborn and stupid.

Posted via Z10
    09-19-13 01:49 PM
    NO FLAMING

Posted via that z10!
    I agree with you! BB10 doesn't need quad core !

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    09-19-13 01:53 PM
223 1234 ...