Such a shame to see this happening.
    Especially everyone attacking over the DAMN Specs.
    I'm sorry but MOST People I know who either own an iPhone, or a Samsung phone, don't care sh*t about the specs. All they care is that the phone runs fine and good, lag free if you must. So I ask, why? Why is everyone so obsessed with "outdated" specs? If the phone runs Damn good and smooth, then what is your temper tantrum about?
    If the BlackBerry experience is still enjoyable, shutup.
    Maybe, just maybe(just me speculating) since android, ios, and BlackBerry are three very different OSs, they don't all need the most top-notch specs to run buttery smooth.
    On another note: 720p Vs 1080p
    Really!? "If your put a phone running 720p next to a phone running 1080p it is more than noticeable"- anonymous. Is it really such a difference to the point where, eww that makes me not want a Z30, no!! I personally cannot tell the difference, a little on my TV, less on my smartphones!
    -honestly it just baffles me, the negativety.
    What sold me is the beauty of the phone, the OS, not being ANAL About specs.
    *this is all in good nature, made for friendly exchange
    NO FLAMING

Posted via that z10!
    09-19-13 01:53 AM
    if they cant beat you on the soft side (OS) , the will hit you hard (hardware).
    09-19-13 02:04 AM
    Yes!

What really matters is the operating system, the user experience. Not how many cores has the cpu.

Other brands have conceived bloated monstrosities like Touchwiz, they need to have a fast device to have a smooth experience.

Read Gizmodo review of the galaxy mega
    http://gizmodo.com/samsung-galaxy-me...ent-1222322084

I quote it:

The tragic flaw with this phone is that it positively lumbers through anything you want it to do. Want to open an app? Tap it. Then wait five seconds for it to open. Same thing for going back to the home screen. If you accidentally tapped the wrong icon, it would take you a full 15 seconds plus to get out of it and into the one you wanted.

The camera launches slowly, there's lag and jutter on the homescreens, and even relatively simple games (like Slingshot Racing) play all herky-jerky. It's as though because the phone itself is a giant its guts feel compelled to lumber along like one as well.

And it has better hardware than the BlackBerry Z10!!!!!
    What's better? Better specs or better experience???

Posted via Z10
    09-19-13 02:05 AM
    Yes!

What really matters is the operating system, the user experience. Not how many cores has the cpu.

Other brands have conceived bloated monstrosities like Touchwiz, they need to have a fast device to have a smooth experience.

I quote it:

The tragic flaw with this phone is that it positively lumbers through anything you want it to do. Want to open an app? Tap it. Then wait five seconds for it to open. Same thing for going back to the home screen. If you accidentally tapped the wrong icon, it would take you a full 15 seconds plus to get out of it and into the one you wanted.

The camera launches slowly, there's lag and jutter on the homescreens, and even relatively simple games (like Slingshot Racing) play all herky-jerky. It's as though because the phone itself is a giant its guts feel compelled to lumber along like one as well.

Posted via Z10
    Touchwiz is a hot mess no doubt about that. Even on my Galaxy Note 2, the camera and gallery lags. I had to switch to Nova Launcher and install the vanilla camera /gallery app for Android Jellybean

Posted via CB10 for BlackBerry Z10 Running BlackBerry 10.2
    09-19-13 02:13 AM
    I think everyone truly wants usability, however they think the increased specs will give them that usability. But we know, it's the os that defines that, not the specs.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 02:18 AM
    It is just to appeal to the competitive nature of people... people want the best of everything. sometimes they ignore the functionality /truth. I guess people feel there is more 'value for money' when they get higher specs... which is a shame.

Posted via CB10
    BB10QNX and topet2k12001 like this.
    09-19-13 02:25 AM
    Let's just hope the reviews are great and we can put the slightly lower specs to rest....

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt, hazarder and LWKING like this.
    09-19-13 02:30 AM
    Blackberry just has the massive disadvantage that they have a very bad image.

I also think that Blackberry isn't emphasising why they are different than the rest.

I hardly see Windows Phone (Really only Nokia's nowadays) attacked on specs.
    The Lumia 1020 runs on a Dual core, 768x1280 screen, which is low(er) specced hardware than the competition.
    But Nokia/Microsoft emphasises the camera functionality which is superior to many phones out there, Free Nokia Maps, a decent app market etc. etc. etc.

You've got to make a difference, and BB isn't doing this enough.
    hazarder likes this.
    09-19-13 02:49 AM
    Totally agree with the OP xInfinity!! People get so caught up in the Spec war that they forget that you don't always need the top spec hardware to achieve the best performance. I've been into home theater for the past 25 years. And I've learned to mix and match components to the liking of the client. (consumer) Many of times the client has wanted me to hook up the best receiver with the best speakers useing the best cables. And it's performed horribly. Then again, I've had clients take my recommendation and purchase the components I recommend and have an intense home theater sound system for half the cost with so called 'low-tier' equipment. My point being, I believe, or will at least give the benefit of the doubt for now, to BlackBerry that they have found the perfect combination of lower spec'ed hardware to get the best possible result that rivals the competition. Now, I could see be wrong. But I'm at least waiting for reviews from actual everyday consumers before I pass judgment.

And I think that's only fair that we do that if we all truly want BlackBerry as a company to succeed.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    09-19-13 02:55 AM
    I'd love to attack a Z30... right into my hot little hands!

Trusted Member Genius
    3hb78ftg, machfive and graylingboy like this.
    09-19-13 03:08 AM
    Agreed,
    BlackBerry that they have found the perfect combination of lower spec'ed hardware to get the best possible result
    ...then they go and shoot themselves right in the foot and charge top end prices for that 'lower spec'ed hardware' , that most seem shocked at...now all they have to do is find a better pricing stratagy to match. then they may find more peeps by the products instead of just the die hard fans.
    09-19-13 03:12 AM
    Such a shame to see this happening.
    Especially everyone attacking over the DAMN Specs.
    I'm sorry but MOST People I know who either own an iPhone, or a Samsung phone, don't care sh*t about the specs. All they care is that the phone runs fine and good, lag free if you must. So I ask, why? Why is everyone so obsessed with "outdated" specs? If the phone runs Damn good and smooth, then what is your temper tantrum about?
    If the BlackBerry experience is still enjoyable, shutup.
    Maybe, just maybe(just me speculating) since android, ios, and BlackBerry are three very different OSs, they don't all need the most top-notch specs to run buttery smooth.
    On another note: 720p Vs 1080p
    Really!? "If your put a phone running 720p next to a phone running 1080p it is more than noticeable"- anonymous. Is it really such a difference to the point where, eww that makes me not want a Z30, no!! I personally cannot tell the difference, a little on my TV, less on my smartphones!
    -honestly it just baffles me, the negativety.
    What sold me is the beauty of the phone, the OS, not being ANAL About specs.
    *this is all in good nature, made for friendly exchange
    NO FLAMING

Posted via that z10!
    I agree with what you say. I suspect the problem is educating the market and overcoming marketing. If people are told they can buy the world's fastest car for the price of a mid-range car, it's no wonder sales shoot through the roof.

What they find is that for the majority of the time, the car runs well, but occasionally, the fuelling isn't right and it stutters, but hey, it's still the fastest. I am afraid that the fact that no one is able to drive the car flat out is irrelevant.

When another manufacturer's marketing is "we've a slower car, but it runs better", they won't gain ground because, sadly it is lost on the public.

I have a WP8 phone. Until a few weeks ago it was the top spec phone from Nokia, but the specs are not current - in fact they are laughable - when measured against Samsung's flagship. However, I know from having used Android/Samsung, I'm better off and happier with a smoother experience and so specs take a second spot for me.

Sadly, most people only want to have the fastest car....
    hazarder likes this.
    09-19-13 03:24 AM
    OP : agree !
    BUT, my (future) Z30 is not poor, it's RICH of efficiency !
    09-19-13 03:41 AM
    This phone will run 10.2 slicker than a sicilian olive oil salesman on ice skates wearing a silk tie

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    09-19-13 04:38 AM
    Lol! Wow! Sorry I was at work
    Thanks for the responses! Glad to see there are others who agree!
    I simply was fed up with coming in these forums and reading nothing but straight negativety

Posted via that z10!
    Anilu7 likes this.
    09-19-13 05:14 AM
    Yes!

I quote it:

Posted via Z10
    Love that. +10000000006

Posted via that z10!
    09-19-13 05:15 AM
    I agree with what you say. I suspect the problem is educating the market and overcoming marketing. If people are told they can buy the world's fastest car for the price of a mid-range car, it's no wonder sales shoot through the roof.

What they find is that for the majority of the time, the car runs well, but occasionally, the fuelling isn't right and it stutters, but hey, it's still the fastest. I am afraid that the fact that no one is able to drive the car flat out is irrelevant.

When another manufacturer's marketing is "we've a slower car, but it runs better", they won't gain ground because, sadly it is lost on the public.

I have a WP8 phone. Until a few weeks ago it was the top spec phone from Nokia, but the specs are not current - in fact they are laughable - when measured against Samsung's flagship. However, I know from having used Android/Samsung, I'm better off and happier with a smoother experience and so specs take a second spot for me.

Sadly, most people only want to have the fastest car....
    Greatly put.
    I'll take my Z30 with a side of 10.2
    BlackBerry just needs some acceleration
    I hope they find the pedal soon.

Posted via that z10!
    09-19-13 05:16 AM
    Yeah - the human mind wants to compare X Vs. Y, because it is easy. Evaluating the experience is harder and takes time. It's also more subjective.

The spec war is encouraged by many manufacturers, especially in the android world, where it is a way to differentiate (since there is one OS), and drive the upgrade cycle (iOS, Android). Then the tech blogs perpetuate it, and amplify tiny differences.

Specs are nearly meaningless to me on a phone. What I do look at are things like RAM (more usually means better OS experience), size, battery, cost, functionality, and how well the phone works. My 2c.

Bob

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 05:23 AM
    Sadly for BB, when you're #3 or, more likely, #4 in the market, putting out just average specs doesn't get you anywhere. To be taken seriously, you need to very significantly beat the specs (both hardware and software) offered by those in #1 and #2.

So, if BBRY wanted to be even remotely relevant, they would look around and see what their competing product lines are and put out something that would generate buzz and not yawns. You don't price your product at the top end of the spectrum and offer consumers a device with average specs.
    09-19-13 05:29 AM
    I think everyone truly wants usability, however they think the increased specs will give them that usability. But we know, it's the os that defines that, not the specs.

Posted via CB10
    Bang on the money!

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    09-19-13 05:39 AM
    Understood, but the OS is their best spec, and it costs $$$ to build, thus they should be heavily marketing their best spec ;-).

Agreed, ...then they go and shoot themselves right in the foot and charge top end prices for that 'lower spec'ed hardware' , that most seem shocked at...now all they have to do is find a better pricing stratagy to match. then they may find more peeps by the products instead of just the die hard fans.
    09-19-13 05:43 AM
    The battery running for two days without having to recharge is a good spot.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 06:16 AM
    Dude I so agree. When I was looking for a new phone after my previous phone died finally I was not lookin at this 4 core 45 mp camera and all the other crap everyone is hyping about. I've tried that stuff and frankly BlackBerry 10 has taken the cake even if it's hardware is aparently years outdated well id like to see the iPhone 5s or the s4 operate like the new BlackBerry smartphones and keep the battery etc. That's just the world we live in today everyone wants more more more, they cannot be happy with a quality product unless it has more numbers and longer names rofl.

Sent from my psychotic BlackBerry Z10
    09-19-13 06:23 AM
    Sadly since BBRY already had an image of old and slow they needed to hit the specs out of the park which they didn't and continues the mind set that BBRY is old and slow. Maybe they could get away with "we are using last year's hardware" if they didn't already have the perception that they are old and slow.

Does anyone at BBRY even have a clue how they are and have been perceived? Maybe they should think less about getting the most profit possible out of their hardware and more about how they are perceived by the public. I know they need more profit and income but that can't come at the expense of users when they can buy more for less elsewhere.
    09-19-13 06:40 AM
    I think People who attack BB are going crazy , because BlackBerry doesn't want to give up...
    09-19-13 06:43 AM
223 123 ...