Not really a whine or a gripe but more of an observation I have made in the last months since the release of the z10.

When blackberry first released their 10 devices I noticed how little exposure they got in the stores around me (in Canada). In future shop BlackBerry was literally hidden in this little back shelf. In terms of accessories they only carried a few and didn't even have any screen protectors. At first I thought it was a single store but noticed it at three stores. The funny thing is that the workers were telling us not to waste our time and look at iPhone, Samsung etc. This again happened 3 times as well as at bell. When my brother decided on the q10 and he was on the phone with bell they again tried to sell anything but the blackberry.

Things got even worse when I decided on the z30. Future shop was not even carrying it and had no plans. At the bell store they told me not to worry about reserving one as they would not sell anyhow. Oddly I picked my phone up at the source which had them on release. No places around me had any cases or screen protectors. One bell store got them several days after release.

My point is that marketing on blackberry is a two way street. If these carriers are so negative, we fans need to step up and help blackberry put the word out. Now I don't think iPhone or the Samsung galaxy are bad phones but honestly I feel they are overrated and think they are hyped up more than their worth. I think blackberry is sadly the opposite. They are great devices that are really underhyped.

Anyways, just some thoughts. Maybe you guys have had better luck.

Posted via my Z30
    11-14-13 09:28 AM
    Hi and welcome.
    I don't think it is any better here. Just got word that VZW has allowed ordering of the Z30 and they don't plan to have it in any of the stores, just online ordering.
    11-14-13 09:53 AM
    BlackBerry needs to direct sale the device. ASAP. The phone is great and it is not getting the exposure it needs.

If nexus 5 was not direct sold, and was only sold through carriers, it would not have got the same exposure it got right now.

Posted via CB10
    saxxman likes this.
    11-14-13 10:00 AM
    Completely agree. It is unfortunately somewhat up to us to do advertising for them, since carriers do not. Verizon Z30 was released today and stores do not have them, no accessories, and no information.

I just ordered my Z30 via phone, and the sales representative tried to talk me out of the purchase. His quote was "Are you sure you wouldn't rather something else? The Z30 is the same as what you currently have, just with a bugger screen." I was disgusted by the lack of knowledge and the non-careing about selling products that contain BlackBerry in the name.

How are phones going to be sold if the place you need to buy them from doesn't inform you they exist, has zero product knowledge on them, and tries to push you to another device?

Needles to say, I ordered my 30 regardless. And I will continue to try to market the phone to others.
    11-14-13 10:06 AM
    It's been an ongoing problem, I don't forsee it changing anytime in the near future either. It's not going to change until perception changes.
    11-14-13 10:38 AM
    BlackBerry needs to direct sale the device. ASAP. The phone is great and it is not getting the exposure it needs.

If nexus 5 was not direct sold, and was only sold through carriers, it would not have got the same exposure it got right now.

Posted via CB10
    They already have direct sale just sadly not for all devices and really, direct sale doesn't help much because one would still need to know about said phone and want said phone. The Nexus is a poor example because people KNOW ABOUT and WANT that device, it's in demand whereas BlackBerry devices, are not sadly.
    11-14-13 10:39 AM