More than just a defect due to the amount of people that experience this problem (including myself). Most likely due to awful QC of the phone. Also found out that the flip case becomes loose fairly easily, and the top part (leather) peels off of the microfibre bottom part.
    From what I've experienced, this phone and its accessories have experienced a high degree of manufacturer negligence.

Count me in for another Z30 (STA100-5) ultra sensitive and somewhat more rattly volume rocker that does not play well with the TPU case (ends up pushing both center and rocker at the same time) while it works just fine on STA100-3.

STA-3 has a bit tighter rocker compared to STA-5. With STA-5 there isn't much tactile feedback and when I use the case with it, it does not register well because the center is so sensitive it ends up being pressed along with the rocker. This is not good at all, I have to use my nail to hit the rocker close to the top edge to register (with case on). I have another TPU case on the way, which is the clear one, and I think I will face the same situation.

The difference of built quality between Z10/Q10 and Z30 is NIGHT and DAY.
    02-23-14 10:13 PM
    I have the STA100-3 and I had the annoying issue of inadvertently pressing the volume, mute, and power keys. I also have the same issue on almost every Android device I use. However, since I've been getting used to it, this has been less of a problem. So far, no loose buttons or loose anything. I've been impressed with the build quality thus far. I do think the button design was better on the Z10, however. But that was an award-winning design...

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 10:49 PM
    Just remember when it released there was virtually zero buzz and zero marketing. No big announcement - in fact they were about to go private. Not surprising they missed these little bits however, the phone has received pretty amazing reviews online and there is a bit of a small buzz - a good sign, and a sign they do have another chance at the consumer market. They just need to market the phones (upcoming) properly. Real people are impressed with hdmi out, usb otg, miracast, and the OS, not the gimmicky glitchy samsung "features" that no one uses.

Posted via CB10
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    02-24-14 12:53 AM
    On phone with VZW as I type now on Q10, about to use 1 year warranty on my Z30 for loose volume keys and blown ear piece speaker...yay!

Posted via "Link" the Q10
    03-28-14 06:18 PM
    On phone with VZW as I type now on Q10, about to use 1 year warranty on my Z30 for loose volume keys and blown ear piece speaker...yay!

No way......I was so hoping no ear speaker issues with my Z30. It looks like they put in an extra layer of protection with the Z30 speakers. But, I'm around metal dust on a daily basis, which appears to be death to any speakers....
    03-28-14 06:38 PM
    My vol button/ middle button is stiff and there's no play at all and I usually play music on my phone so those buttons are always being pressed!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 08:34 PM
    My vol button/ middle button is stiff and there's no play at all and I usually play music on my phone so those buttons are always being pressed!

Posted via CB10

-3 or -5 ?
    03-28-14 10:57 PM
    I had to do the same thing with my Q10 because of a blown ear piece speaker...The replacement phone has been great.

Hopefully, the same thing is true when I get the replacement Z30 and everything is back to normal.

We have the right to be a picky customer, right? Especially if the hardware malfunctions are legit and are covered under the 1 year manuf. warranty...?

03-29-14 04:46 AM
    So far the only thing I've noticed on my z30 that slightly annoys me is the pwr button moves back and fourth slightly. I bought it off contract from Verizon so not sure if there is anything I could even do if I did indeed want to get it repaired or replaced.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 09:17 AM
59 123