• I am on T-Mobile and I am NOT getting LTE

7 18.42%
  • I am on AT&T and I am getting LTE

9 23.68%
  • I am on AT&T and I am NOT getting LTE

11 28.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    My Verizon Z30 arrived today! :-D

It's a gorgeous phone. I love the size/form factor and thinness. It works great with my Nokia (Qi) wireless chargers at home and in the car.

The downside for me: The AT&T HSPA+ network in my neighborhood is really weak, and even outside I could only get data speeds of 1.5 - 2 down and .5 up. That's frustratingly slow, so I bit the bullet and ported my number over to Verizon.

I can report that voice quality (using my AT&T sim in the Verizon Z30) was fabulous, just the HSPA+ data wound up being a showstopper. My neighborhood is weird in that AT&T has a robust LTE network, but HSPA+.... not so much.

Love, love, love my Z30!
    freddysrevng3 likes this.
    01-14-14 05:50 PM
    That's frustratingly slow, so I bit the bullet and ported my number over to Verizon.

I can report that voice quality (using my AT&T sim in the Verizon Z30) was fabulous, just the HSPA+ data wound up being a showstopper. My neighborhood is weird in that AT&T has a robust LTE network, but HSPA+.... not so much.

Love, love, love my Z30!
    So what speeds are you getting on VZ now?
    01-16-14 10:28 PM
    I have had Z30 from Verizon on ATT for over a month. Typically have 4G - sporadically LTE, call quality great, visual voice mail is not an option, speed test below (my Z30 gets over 3X faster upload/download than UVerse), never drop calls - Best BlackBerry Ever and Best Smartphone on the Market... Z30.... One man's opinion... Enjoy it Geekaren...

Also, Geekaren.... go to ATT store that has a "Technical Department" to help you set up your Z30.... tell them - if they are having problems with Visual Voice Mail to "set it up without Visual Voice Mail" and the phone will work...
    I have been running my z30 on att since it came out. The vvm was an issue on the 1055 os (trying to remember if correct os sorry) and I see this was posted a while ago, but I have ever since been getting vvm on att with the Verizon z30. And most of my Southside Chicago areas I am getting lte consistently, even in the United Center as I found on Sunday. Call quality has been fantastic with the right radios too.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 04:11 PM
    Running z30 sta100-5 on Tmobile vvm works fine, in fact no problems at all so far. I get LTE in the same areas as I did on my z10

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 10:05 AM
    i had my z30 from verizon for 2 days now .

i only get 4g and most of the time edge . i am in chicago area . i think its better on at&t .

i just ordered the sta 100-5 from ebay .
    heading4tomorrow and raino like this.
    01-26-14 05:01 PM
    i had my z30 from verizon for 2 days now .

i only get 4g and most of the time edge . i am in chicago area . i think its better on at&t .

i just ordered the sta 100-5 from ebay .
    Just to clarify:

By 4G you mean HSPA+, and not LTE?
    You were using this Verizon 100-3 on T-Mobile?

Once you receive your 100-5, if you could post what network coverage you're getting, that would be great.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    01-26-14 05:06 PM
    Just to clarify:

By 4G you mean HSPA+, and not LTE?
    You were using this Verizon 100-3 on T-Mobile?

Once you receive your 100-5, if you could post what network coverage you're getting, that would be great.
    I think its HSPA+ but its 4G in the signal side .

yes its 100-3 .

i will do that when i get the phone . i can provide pic or anything you want from the one that i have now .

thanks
    01-26-14 05:20 PM

yes its 100-3 .

i will do that when i get the phone . i can provide pic or anything you want from the one that i have now .

thanks
    Will you be keeping both 3 and 5 at the same time for a while?

While you have your -3 could you run a speed test please?

Sent from my LG-D800
    01-26-14 05:22 PM

yes its 100-3 .

thanks
    Thank you. And it is T-Mobile you were using this 100-3 on?
    01-26-14 05:28 PM
    Poll: Using a Verizon Z30 on T-Mobile and/or AT&T?-img_20140126_172913.png

Yes I am using T-Mobile sim card.

Posted via CB10
    raino and heading4tomorrow like this.
    01-26-14 05:30 PM
    If someone:

-Still has a Verizon Z30 on TMO
    -Was not seeing LTE before
    -Had the 10.2.1 update pushed to them

Please post if you are now seeing LTE. Thanks.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    01-28-14 12:41 PM
    I just want to update you guys I am getting 4 to 7mbps using 4G (no LTE). I have not seen any LTE coverage in NYC so far.
    Carrier AT&T, Device Verizon Z30

So if these speeds are unacceptable, better wait for AT&T version. If speeds are fine, go get one!
    raino likes this.
    02-06-14 11:13 AM
    If someone:

-Still has a Verizon Z30 on TMO
    -Was not seeing LTE before
    -Had the 10.2.1 update pushed to them

Please post if you are now seeing LTE. Thanks.
    Do you mean software can somehow unlock LTE bands? Would it help with AT&T or will it only be T-Mo?
    02-06-14 11:16 AM
    Do you mean software can somehow unlock LTE bands? Would it help with AT&T or will it only be T-Mo?
    Yeah, an OS update could unlock it, theoretically speaking. And the unlock would most likely be network indifferent (i.e. band is open to use on either AT&T or TMO.)

I'm not entirely convinced it's b4 locked, though. According to this thread, there are just too many people getting LTE for a band lock to be in place. Plus, IDK if such locks even exist in BB10. I know of the "hidden bands" (like the UMTS 1700 in the RFF91LW Z10 -3,) but I've never heard of a proper band lock being implemented by BB.
    02-06-14 01:03 PM
    I'm using a verizon sta 100-3 z30 and did not get LTE in the central Florida area. I did the update to a leaked o.s. From bell Canada and now it works.
    Shows connected to band 4.

Will be going home to Boston soon and will check up the east cost.
    Haven't seen edge at all since the update.
    I used a sta 100-5 firmware

Posted via CB10
    shai404 and raino like this.
    02-20-14 03:12 AM
    I'm using a verizon sta 100-3 z30 and did not get LTE in the central Florida area. I did the update to a leaked o.s. From bell Canada and now it works.

Posted via CB10
    Nice...I really need to try and install a leak! in have the -3 z30 also running tmobile....no LTE in Atlanta GA

Posted via Amazing Z30
    02-20-14 03:54 AM

Interesting. Thanks for posting. Why that works makes sense: the -5 wouldn't have a firmware block on LTE band 4, so it undoes whatever has been done to the -3's LTE band 4. So assuming a -5's OS takes perfectly well to the -3, this might be the way to go.
    02-20-14 09:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    You mean 10.2.1.2141 with 2142 Radio File?
    02-20-14 01:18 PM
    I just used the autoloader and let it search, The key here is to flash a GSM firmware and radio to the Verizon z30, You need to make it forget it even has the cdma bands!
    geekaren likes this.
    02-20-14 06:51 PM
    Yeah its weird, I get a notification to update and do so, and I lose LTE... Verizon has to be blocking band 4, This has the 1700\2100.
    If it works for you leave it alone!!! Do not take official updates
    02-20-14 07:54 PM
    I just used the autoloader and let it search, The key here is to flash a GSM firmware and radio to the Verizon z30, You need to make it forget it even has the cdma bands!
    Which autoloader? Can you tell us which link you used to download the autoloader? There are few versions, and few different radios for each version.
    02-20-14 08:01 PM
    Which autoloader? Can you tell us which link you used to download the autoloader? There are few versions, and few different radios for each version.
    I would like to know this, too. I'm expecting my Z30 Verizon model today, and would like to use it on TMobile's network if possible. What autoloader version do I need to use for this? Any help would be most appreciated!
    02-24-14 11:40 AM
    I would like to know this, too. I'm expecting my Z30 Verizon model today, and would like to use it on TMobile's network if possible. What autoloader version do I need to use for this? Any help would be most appreciated!
    I used the latest Autoloader.Z30.STA100-X.10.2.1.2141x2142 (Latest Leak 2014-02-15) and I used escreens to modify signal but since I am on AT&T I don't get any LTE, however same method would apply to T-Mo
    02-24-14 12:16 PM
    Are you in a market which has TMO LTE? If so, if you could do things in order and report back, it would be very much appreciated:

1. Just put your SIM card in. Do you get LTE without doing anything else?
    2. If not, install the new OS via the autoloder, but don't do anything with e-screens yet. Do you see LTE now?

(3.) If not, and you do go through the e-screens, please post if that's what it took for you to finally make LTE work. Thanks!
    02-24-14 12:41 PM
    Are you in a market which has TMO LTE? If so, if you could do things in order and report back, it would be very much appreciated:

1. Just put your SIM card in. Do you get LTE without doing anything else?
    2. If not, install the new OS via the autoloder, but don't do anything with e-screens yet. Do you see LTE now?

(3.) If not, and you do go through the e-screens, please post if that's what it took for you to finally make LTE work. Thanks!
    I plan to go to T-Mobile store to do this in NYC. I know T-Mo has LTE here and we get super speeds. Sadly I cannot use my wife's Micro SIM due to reasons I mentioned before, but I can tell T-Mo, hey I will switch if I can get LTE on this.
    02-24-14 10:41 PM
126 ... 23456