Here's another Z30 review for your viewing pleasure. I'm really liking the battery of this phone as the long life seems to be very consistent with what has been said about the Z30 so far.

For
    Design, build quality, feels lovely in the hand, slick and fast, good battery performance, nice improvements in BB10.2

Against
    Screen resolution should be higher at this price, the app ecosystem needs to be more advanced, native maps are way behind rivals, dark clouds hanging over BlackBerry's future and direction are difficult to ignore

BlackBerry Z30 review - Pocket-lint
    Last edited by jay_men; 10-03-13 at 11:09 AM.
    10-03-13 09:32 AM
    Can't argue with this....

"dark clouds hanging over BlackBerry's future and direction are difficult to ignore"

The device looks great, but.....
    10-03-13 09:44 AM
    I think that BlackBerry has a great future, they are moving in the field of computer mobility.
    10-03-13 09:58 AM
    Regardless of black clouds I will be getting this device.

The app gap doesn't bother me and the maps works fine for what I use it for.

Now why I want it is probably because I'm ready for a big screen and love the 10.2 OS. The design build is what I want to feel for myself but by the sounds of things I will not be disappointed

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    10-03-13 10:37 AM
    Apparently the z30 is designed to be a hit ! Let's hope that the market will follow

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 10:50 AM
    After the sec filing I am, for the first time, afraid to spend money on a BlackBerry device. And before anyone attempts to doubt the cash I've plunked down on BlackBerry devices, rest assured that I've bought every single device that has come to AT&T with the exception of the Q because I wanted a white Q.

Now....I was set to buy one and the sec filing stopped me....why???? Read the comment about selling off redundancies. If that is a reference to the NOCs, I am not willing to drop one more penny.

For the first time, now, I'm thinking the devices will not be supported. And before anyone says that BB10 does not use the NOC, remember that it does for some services.

Sent from my beautiful white iPhone 5 on iOS7 using Tapatalk
    LWKING likes this.
    10-03-13 11:03 AM
    After the sec filing I am, for the first time, afraid to spend money on a BlackBerry device. And before anyone attempts to doubt the cash I've plunked down on BlackBerry devices, rest assured that I've bought every single device that has come to AT&T with the exception of the Q because I wanted a white Q.

Now....I was set to buy one and the sec filing stopped me....why???? Read the comment about selling off redundancies. If that is a reference to the NOCs, I am not willing to drop one more penny.

For the first time, now, I'm thinking the devices will not be supported. And before anyone says that BB10 does not use the NOC, remember that it does for some services.

I understand your concerns but I highly doubt the NOCs will be a casualty. If anything they need the redundancies to ensure services like BBM and the lot.
    10-03-13 11:13 AM
    I understand your concerns but I highly doubt the NOCs will be a casualty. If anything they need the redundancies to ensure services like BBM and the lot.
    I SO hope you are right.

10-03-13 11:14 AM
    I SO hope you are right.

You have like 20 phones. How on earth do you use them all?
    10-03-13 11:23 AM
    You have like 20 phones. How on earth do you use them all?
    concurrently and sequentially as the mood strikes....
    jay_men, SK122387 and LWKING like this.
    10-03-13 12:01 PM
    Even if blackberry closes shop,your phone will still work on your carrier network.
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    10-03-13 12:09 PM
    Even if blackberry closes shop,your phone will still work on your carrier network.
    In its current state on its current OS.

Edited to add: there is still *some* service that the NOC provides to BB10 devices. The extent is unclear to me, but it exists.
    10-03-13 12:22 PM
    Pffft im still goinbg to buy one, soon as i can find one here in stock as CPW dont have and id like to have a play with it before i do splash my money on the Z30.

Not overly concerned with Blackberry and this whole dark cloud hanging over them, until the picture is clearer as to what they are going to do. I will still support Blackberry and their phones full heartedly.

Only thing that scares me is if Blackberry totally dies out, im stuck with either Android or iphone and having to choose between those 2 is a scary prospect as both of those OS's dont do anything for me having spent considerable time with both of them. WP phones id probably have a look at but again after playing around with one of my friends for a few days, we traded devices for a few days...i cant say it impressed me either whereas my Z10 impressed him so much...he went and bought a Z10 for himself and sold his WP phone which was the Lumia 925 if i remember correctly.
    10-03-13 12:34 PM
    Regardless of black clouds I will be getting this device.

The app gap doesn't bother me and the maps works fine for what I use it for.

Now why I want it is probably because I'm ready for a big screen and love the 10.2 OS. The design build is what I want to feel for myself but by the sounds of things I will not be disappointed

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly how I feel too. I've never bought a BlackBerry for the apps. They're nice to have I guess, and I treat each new big one like a pleasant surprise.

The Z30 has been called the best BlackBerry now in a few reviews, and I'm starting to see a trend. It might not be a Note III or something, but that's fine because I've never wanted a Note or Note II or any Android device, so the fact that it's not a Note II is 100% fine by me.

I'm looking forward to the virtual keyboard on the big screen and the size and weight of this device. Natural Sound sounds like a cool feature too.
    10-03-13 12:51 PM
    Pffft im still goinbg to buy one, soon as i can find one here in stock as CPW dont have and id like to have a play with it before i do splash my money on the Z30.

Not overly concerned with Blackberry and this whole dark cloud hanging over them, until the picture is clearer as to what they are going to do. I will still support Blackberry and their phones full heartedly.

Only thing that scares me is if Blackberry totally dies out, im stuck with either Android or iphone and having to choose between those 2 is a scary prospect as both of those OS's dont do anything for me having spent considerable time with both of them. WP phones id probably have a look at but again after playing around with one of my friends for a few days, we traded devices for a few days...i cant say it impressed me either whereas my Z10 impressed him so much...he went and bought a Z10 for himself and sold his WP phone which was the Lumia 925 if i remember correctly.
    I know that feel, bro.

I think I'm just going to become a hermit and buy something that can't even play videos. I don't like TouchWiz or whatever the Sony one is called. I might get the iPhone 5s if I can find someone who is willing to part with it by suffering only a minor amount of physical pain. :-P
    10-03-13 12:55 PM
    In its current state on its current OS.

Edited to add: there is still *some* service that the NOC provides to BB10 devices. The extent is unclear to me, but it exists.
    Wouldn't nuking the NOC wreak havoc with 65 million BBOS users, or am I reading this wrong?

Posted from my ZED with my head
    10-03-13 07:42 PM
    There are a handful of NOCs.....three or four. Their strength is in their redundancies because of failover capabilities.
    There was discussion of selling redundant assets. I am afraid that a particular NOC might be sold.

10-04-13 03:17 AM
    That's exactly how I feel too. I've never bought a BlackBerry for the apps. They're nice to have I guess, and I treat each new big one like a pleasant surprise.

The Z30 has been called the best BlackBerry now in a few reviews, and I'm starting to see a trend. It might not be a Note III or something, but that's fine because I've never wanted a Note or Note II or any Android device, so the fact that it's not a Note II is 100% fine by me.

I'm looking forward to the virtual keyboard on the big screen and the size and weight of this device. Natural Sound sounds like a cool feature too.
    If only everyone in these forums were this optimistic. I agree 100%.

Posted via that z10!
    10-04-13 04:07 AM