View Poll Results: If the A10 specs and hardware match BGR Leak would you buy it.

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

43 55.84%
  • Yes

12 15.58%
  • Sticking with Z10

21 27.27%
  • Sticking with Q10

10 12.99%
  • Buying a Samsung

6 7.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
07-14-13 12:23 PM
62 123
tools
    Somehow, some way, BBRY has to convince customers to go into the wireless carrier stores and buy an A10. The Z10 did not go as planned as it appears that not enough people went in looking for the phone. I'd guess that a large percentage of the BlackBerry faithful have already jumped on the BB10 bandwagon. Those people probably won't buy another phone this year.

If there is no Wow factor, what will make people buy the A10?
    07-12-13 03:52 PM
    Somehow, some way, BBRY has to convince customers to go into the wireless carrier stores and buy an A10. The Z10 did not go as planned as it appears that not enough people went in looking for the phone. I'd guess that a large percentage of the BlackBerry faithful have already jumped on the BB10 bandwagon. Those people probably won't buy another phone this year.

If there is no Wow factor, what will make people buy the A10?
    This is exactly right. Those of us who bought a Z10 and then a Q10 probably won't buy the A10. While I am 100% happy with both my Q10 and Z10, do I really need a 3rd phone that looks to be a larger version of my Z10? The specs aren't really enough of a step forward to justify spending another few hundred dollars. I'm not even a fan of the "phablet" form factor to begin with, so unless the A10 is some remarkable beauty with better specifications than have been leaked, I'm done buying BB10 phones for the year (and like I said, I bought two!)
    07-12-13 07:51 PM
    Remember your audience. This forum is for the devotees. Most of the populace buys what their friends have and talk about. They are not buying multiple phones like the previous poster - they buy only when their contracts expire. Those folks, and the corporate guys who work in a byod environment and who might struggle with downloading an app, can not tell you the specs of their device. All they care about is the hot device or user friendly experience available when they are in the market.

To that end the Z10 was doa due to only catching up with the market technically (but not offering rhe apps people need) which soon leaped ahead as soon as HTC and Samsung released their latest this Spring. I am not even addressing the horrible development time and delay between Super Bowl commercial and US release 7 weeks later which further allow,the competition to leapfrog. Back to my original point. It is about the user experience i.e. apps. No one wants to port.
    07-12-13 09:21 PM
    Too many people care about specs over battery life these days. I guess there's always next year, by then both WP and BB should have quad core phones maybe even apple. If they can't win the specs war then they need to keep innovating their OS to improve the user experience and add back the best features of BB7.
    thats just it.... too many people care about specs. That is why Samsung has the biggest following. I think they need to go both ways with the lines
    07-13-13 04:19 AM
    Blackberry needs to pick 1 phone and max it out. Specs and then some. The highest resolution, best speaker(s), fastest OS, most RAM, best Quad core (or more), biggest battery, most plug in options, highest MP cameras. Just do it. Look at Samsung in its infancy, they had a junk OS, BUT it had A SPEC SHEET that was above all others. Translation... SALES!!!!!

I want to see BB on top again. I believe this is the way to the top. Right now, BB has already admitted that the Z,Q10's are mid. line phones. The A10 is no better. A bigger screen? oooooohhhhh... I will still buy one, only because I want to see this company survive. I don't understand BB. When the "new and improved" Spec sheet came out, Everyone on this site was saying that this was the "the one!!!" Now they are going to sub par and continue on their road to meager mediocrity. NOT COOL.
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    07-13-13 04:30 AM
    A lot of the posts on this thread seem to be overly concerned about the specs race. I think Thorsten has made it quite clear that BlackBerry isn't trying to be the smartphone market leader. They aren't gunning for the same audience that IOS and Android are battling over. They are focusing on a much smaller niche of movers and doers that care about security, productivity, and the mobile computing experience.
    Having said that, I don't think focusing purely on having four cores or eight cores is what's going to make or break the A10. In my eyes the A10 is the beta unit for the BB10 experience on a "tablet". Obviously the PlayBook didn't have enough ponies under the hood to run the latest versions of BB10 well, and the A10 is going to be the stepping stone to the next "tablet" they release. With the update to the Android runtime coming soon and cross platform BBM in the works, the app gap is drawing nearer and nearer to a close. And it's the apps my friends that will decide the extent of our beloved platform's success in the future. BlackBerry could release a 20 core surface tab that made phone calls, but it wouldn't sell well if there weren't any apps available for it.
    In conclusion to me it seems like too many people are approaching the A10 (and all of BBRY's products really) from the perspective of how they're going to fare against the competition. All's I'm saying is that we're not competing with those platforms directly because we're aiming for a different market segment. Let's enjoy these first gen devices for what they are and look ahead at what they're leading up to. I want to hear more discussion about mobile computing and what it is that BBRY is working on to further differentiate themselves from the current pack leaders. Is the A10 just a phone with a bigger screen and a faster CPU, or is it... more?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 07:29 AM
    But they are competing for that core target market.

Everything you have said can be done by the competition, and better, ie, Note 2 becoming 3 etc.

If the A10 doesn't have a 'I want one image' it's going to be very diificult to stand out against the likes of a Note 3 etc.

And to get that it need specs amongst other things.
    07-14-13 08:27 AM
    ha ha ha I see the same couple people voted for every choice
    07-14-13 08:33 AM
    If A10 doesn't have better specs than Z10, i'll keep my Z10 and buy Sony Z Ultra..

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 09:14 AM
    what is withthe specs? why specs? if the apps boot nearly instantly and the phone never lags, what more specs do you want? what are you going to do with them except drain battery faster?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    07-14-13 09:27 AM
    If BB want me to buy A10, it must be better than z10 in the hardware department. Otherwise, forget it.

What separates A10 from Z10 this time is hardware , not software because both of devices will have OS 10.2.

Why should people buy A10 if they already own z10 and other smartphones? This is a billion dollar question which BB have to answer if they want to make profits in the 4th quarter. BB have to present us a good argument backed by hardware specs. Otherwise, A10 will end up like z10.
    07-14-13 11:53 AM
    According to Engadget it has a faster gpu therefore it must be S4 Pro with adreno 320 gpu which is much faster than 225 in z10 s4 non pro
    07-14-13 12:23 PM
62 123