View Poll Results: If the A10 specs and hardware match BGR Leak would you buy it.

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

43 55.84%
  • Yes

12 15.58%
  • Sticking with Z10

21 27.27%
  • Sticking with Q10

10 12.99%
  • Buying a Samsung

6 7.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Just get every member of Crackberry to pool money and buy a majority share in BlackBerry. Problem solved.

I agree that a giant Z10 is a disaster. The purpose of giant phones is using them to replace multiple devices.

Posted by Z10
    07-11-13 11:50 PM
    It's really pathetic for a BB user to beg fellow users to save BB when BB can't do it by themselves. We unfortunately can't do much to save them because we, consumers, don't make BB phones and BB OS. Business is not charity. BB will never hand out free phones and I can't continue giving my earned cash to BB for a uncompetitive phone.

Consumers want to spend money on BB phone but how can we do it when BB don't produce the best phone? If you don't deleiver the best phone, don't ask me for my money. It's that simple.

I want to help BB succeed but it's not going to happen if BB don't want to help themselves.

Hell NO. I won't buy A10 with BGR specs. If BB released A10 with these lousy specs, BB should change their company name from BlackBerry to BlackHole because there is no hope for a better future.
    Last edited by letmein13; 07-12-13 at 12:33 AM.
    07-11-13 11:52 PM
    Instead of trying to stop them, I think a better idea would be to somehow make it clear that the A10, based on what's been "leaked," won't be very competitive at the time it's released.

This is the first BlackBerry in a long time that I've felt this way about. If they're going to build a "flagship" "phablet," they should really go all out. Yeah, some people say "specs don't matter," but they do to a whole bunch of people. That's part of why Android is so successful.. a newer version of a phone comes out with slightly better specs, and people buy it.

People aren't willing to give BlackBerry very many more chances. If BlackBerry had an A10 with a better screen and a 10 or 12 megapixel camera (or dare I say something larger, something that's better than what's out there), then people might give the A10 a chance.

I really hope the A10 that's been leaked isn't what's final. It looks nice. BlackBerry always makes nice looking phones. But, like we were always taught about people: "it's what's on the inside that counts," and I don't see how the insides of the A10 would sway a Galaxy Note III buyer.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry has always been doing their own thing in their own style, and always with quality (ok, maybe the first phone and the first touch phones weren't the "best" quality). The flagship here is not about being the next Samsung or Android anything. It's about being the complete, and quality (and I'm sure you've heard this word before) "Blackberry".
    07-11-13 11:53 PM
    specs don't matter
    Posted via CB10
    To those people to make this claim, point out the PlayBook fiasco.
    07-11-13 11:56 PM
    Sad. Are you sure you are using the correct model? Stl100-1?2?3?4? Which model and which region are you?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I'm using the correct model for my country. It is a STL100-3 and I'm in the United States.
    07-11-13 11:56 PM
    Funny that you bring up LTE. See, my Z10 doesn't have a celluar connection at all. Lol it is on WiFi only with no sim card in it. No phone calls, no text messages. I can't use my BlackBerry 10 phones on my carrier. Even though they are both factory unlocked, and they are GSM, just like my carrier is, it no workie. Because BlackBerry 10 doesn't allow users to edit their APN.

So my Z10, that is always on WiFi, still doesn't last as long as my primary phone. My Nexus 4 that does have a celluar connection and phone calls, texts and mobile data, still out lasts a phone that is never used away from WiFi. Kinda sad isn't it?

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    That doesn't seem right. I'm pretty sure newer builds have fixed some battery drain issues. What is your on screen time with the nexus 4? You can edit the apn but through the escreens
    07-12-13 12:18 AM
    Because BlackBerry 10 doesn't allow users to edit their APN.
    this isn't correct, I believe it may be your carrier. BlackBerry 10 allows you to alter the APN as I and many others have been able to, however im in the UK, so im minded to think its carrier based not OS based.
    07-12-13 12:22 AM
    Am I the only one who isn't worried about the specs of the A10?

I mean seriously - if it does all I need it to do, isn't that enough? And if it gains battery life by having more modest specs, isn't that actually a bonus?

Is it an improvement over the Z10? If so, I'll be happy because I'm already happy with the Z10.

Let's stop overcomplicating our expectations of what we "need".
    jrohland likes this.
    07-12-13 12:27 AM
    this isn't correct, I believe it may be your carrier. BlackBerry 10 allows you to alter the APN as I and many others have been able to, however im in the UK, so im minded to think its carrier based not OS based.
    It doesn't allow me to edit the APN with a straight talk sim installed. It isn't my SIM card or carrier, because the same SIM card works in my other, non BlackBerry 10 phones. Why can I edit the APN on all of my other phones with that carrier and that SIM?

Unlocked phone should allow you to edit the APN no matter what. Blame it on whoever we want, but at the end of the day it's the same result.

kevinnugent likes this.
    07-12-13 12:28 AM
    This is a better pic
    Please I beg you help save Blackberry from this phone!!!!!!-crackberry-image.jpg

If it looks like this with a proper quad core im back in.

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    07-12-13 12:35 AM

I mean seriously - if it does all I need it to do, isn't that enough? And if it gains battery life by having more modest specs, isn't that actually a bonus?

Is it an improvement over the Z10? If so, I'll be happy because I'm already happy with the Z10.

I'm more worried that people will see the specs and then won't buy it. BlackBerry needs to have hardware that justifies the price. Look at this example.

HTC Droid DNA specs: 5" screen with 1920 x 1080 resolution. 1.5 GHz quad core Snapdragon S4 pro processor. 2GB of ram

HTC Droid DNA price: $49.99 with a new 2 year contract (and that is Verizon's price)

The A10 won't be competitive. Phones like the Droid DNA will be free on contract with better specs and a better ecosystem than the $200 on contract A10. Now if the A10 launches as free on contract, than the specs wouldn't be so bad, but we all know that won't happen.

07-12-13 12:39 AM
    This is a better pic
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrackBerry Image.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	181753

If it looks like this with a proper quad core im back in.

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    How come the BGR leak had a white bezel?
    07-12-13 12:43 AM
    Does bbry really expect a 800+ phone that looks like crap to sell? if they do. Please resign tonight.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 12:47 AM
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I really feel that if they're going to position this as a flagship near the end of 2013, it has to kick some serious a**. Not necessarily because specs matter, but because enough people think specs matter that it would create a huge wow factor for the brand. Here's hoping the leaked specs aren't all true.
    I think they should more or less "go all out" but I've been convinced the 720p screen is fine and 1080p is just not worth it at all. Consumer education on that front. But other than that, yes, bombs away at the competition or they will struggle more.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    07-12-13 12:56 AM
    Tiz with a heavy heart that I feel (imho) that the Aristo was/is BB's get-out-of-jail card if the Z10,Z5,Q10 and Q5 didn't go exactly to plan.

Looking a the specs and the leaked images, if true, I fear BB has scored another epic own-goal in as much as by the time it's released, it's way behind competitors and way under specced. BB users all know what we want. Why can't BB see this? Know this? it's so damn obvious what we are screaming out for. Imho, it's just sheer incompetence and being completely out of touch with BB's user from top-to-bottom within the BB managerial infrastructure.

Blackberry/RIM - what the hell happened to you guys? How the hell did you get so out of touch with your customers and potential customer needs/wishes/wants?

All you had to do was listen to your loyal customer base. So disappointed.
    07-12-13 03:21 AM
    Just get every member of Crackberry to pool money and buy a majority share in BlackBerry. Problem solved.

I agree that a giant Z10 is a disaster. The purpose of giant phones is using them to replace multiple devices.

Posted by Z10
    Disaster? No. Pointless, maybe.

Agreed, if there's no significant spec bump from the Z10 there's not a lot of point, but life really WILL go on.

I'm having a very hard time getting emotionally invested in this whole discussion.
    07-12-13 03:31 AM
    How come the BGR leak had a white bezel?
    Maybe they are doing a white and a black model ala Z10. I think the above pic is a render.
    07-12-13 03:34 AM
    Tiz with a heavy heart that I feel (imho) that the Aristo was/is BB's get-out-of-jail card if the Z10,Z5,Q10 and Q5 didn't go exactly to plan.

Looking a the specs and the leaked images, if true, I fear BB has scored another epic own-goal in as much as by the time it's released, it's way behind competitors and way under specced. BB users all know what we want. Why can't BB see this? Know this? it's so damn obvious what we are screaming out for. Imho, it's just sheer incompetence and being completely out of touch with BB's user from top-to-bottom within the BB managerial infrastructure.

Blackberry/RIM - what the hell happened to you guys? How the hell did you get so out of touch with your customers and potential customer needs/wishes/wants?

All you had to do was listen to your loyal customer base. So disappointed.
    Many in the loyal customer base say that specs don't matter though. Perhaps BB was listening to them.
    MasterOfBinary and keypad like this.
    07-12-13 05:20 AM
    Help please I so want this company to be a success, start a petition, do a poll.
    Email them, stop the madness.
    Aint blackberry setling for 3rd place??
    Windows phones and ios dont have the top specs and still a lot of people are buying
    07-12-13 05:34 AM
    Thorstein Heins said that they had changed the company culture and how they think. If the specifications are indeed that of BGR's, then Blackberry have learned nothing and they are merely repeating what they did in the past.

Although I am not bothered by the specs, I feel that the potential of the Z10 is limited by it's hardware, which I think that the Aristo has the opportunity to push further.
    07-12-13 05:50 AM
    Many in the loyal customer base say that specs don't matter though. Perhaps BB was listening to them.
    I would hazard a guess that specs are important to the majority of users. To be honest, Imho, I don't think BB has been listening to anyone!
    07-12-13 05:54 AM

Tell that to the rest of the world who are going to have to pick between an A10 and a Note 3.
    notfanboy likes this.
    07-12-13 11:04 AM
    Aint blackberry setling for 3rd place??
    Windows phones and ios dont have the top specs and still a lot of people are buying
    I wish everyone would stop comparing BB with Apple. First, iPhones are popular so people buy them just because. Second, some of the iPhones in the past have had very competitive specs.

Windows Phone? There are some that are getting much better hardware and at least have some "gimmicky features", like a 41 megapixel camera. People were talking about that all over yesterday.

From what I've seen, A10 has nothing at all that's better than the competition.

Peek/flow?
    07-12-13 11:12 AM
    41mp is not really a gimmick just because it appeals to anyone interested in taking high quality shots from a mobile device. I thought about it but I am not 100% settled on wp8. Anyone who is looking for a note probably wants it for one of its biggest features being the s pen. A10 is going to be competing against the other 5 inch phones on the market. 5 inch phones are not trying to compete against a note 3. That being said I think they could have at least put in a better camera if they think the OS performance is fine. The only selling point they have now is just the OS and battery life. This fall is going to be a curious one seeing how there will be a barrage of high end android phones coming.
    07-12-13 11:27 AM
    The fact is, who knows if the A10 will really make a success out of Blackberry. I am a huge BB fan of old and have been looking forward to a very solid phone, OS by BB. I am hoping this is it. I too agree that BB has to do something out of the ordinary to both get attention or grab a part of the market. Look at what Nokia just did with the 41MP camera. That was way out there, but heck, they grabbed attention and made everyone look at that phone to check it out. That is what BB needs to do with the A10! In addition to this, they need to address the customize -ability of the phone. One of the reasons people buy into the Android over the iCrap is because they can customize it. People get bored of things nowadays. Not only that but they need to address the fallbacks right up front. As an example, they need to address the MAPS issue and Voice Command issue and have a game plan for an update that can be downloaded for Z10 and A10 buyers and owners. I think if they can release a device with comparable specs, an amazing camera, great battery life, customize-ability, a solid glass screen and some "wow" feature sets, they can be back in the game, for real.
    07-12-13 01:16 PM
62 123