Can I use my Playbook charger for the Z30? Thanks.
    01-17-14 07:14 AM
    Yes.

Now some people will come along and say you can't. They are stupid and wrong. This has been clarified many times.

Posted via CB10
    rotorwrench and Pdinos3 like this.
    01-17-14 07:32 AM
    Just tried and it worked! Thanks.
    01-17-14 09:08 AM
    Yes, you can, the Z30 charger is 850 ma, the pb charger is 1.8 amps. It should charge a bit faster, Just have to watch for heat. There are current limit devices on the Motherboard to keep from over charging. Heat is the number 1 killer for electonic components. Just watch it for a while before you fully "trust" become comfortsable with it.

I just got mine yesterday, gonna play today!

c
    01-17-14 11:39 AM
    Ive used it since charge one of my Z10, along with multiple other devices- go for it.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    01-17-14 11:43 AM
    Using playbook charger from day one by Z 10 because it will charge fast. Nothing observed in wrong way till now.

Posted via CB10
    rotorwrench likes this.
    01-17-14 11:59 AM
    Yes, you can, the Z30 charger is 850 ma, the pb charger is 1.8 amps. It should charge a bit faster, Just have to watch for heat. There are current limit devices on the Motherboard to keep from over charging. Heat is the number 1 killer for electonic components. Just watch it for a while before you fully "trust" become comfortsable with it.

I just got mine yesterday, gonna play today!

c
    If the phone or device is "smart" enough, it will cut power and shut down before it heats up enough to damage internal components.
    Also try not to leave it overnight, sometimes you never know if something will malfunction, sometimes I find my PB charger very hot to touch when I am charging other devices (I charge everything with it, my Sony camera, three different LG phones with 3 different batteries, playbook, a blackberry and anything else that has micro USB charging port.)
    rotorwrench likes this.
    01-17-14 01:37 PM
    If the phone or device is "smart" enough, it will cut power and shut down before it heats up enough to damage internal components.
    Also try not to leave it overnight, sometimes you never know if something will malfunction, sometimes I find my PB charger very hot to touch when I am charging other devices (I charge everything with it, my Sony camera, three different LG phones with 3 different batteries, playbook, a blackberry and anything else that has micro USB charging port.)
    And our phones are smart enough to do so. I've used my playbook chargers for all my devices. Overnight might I add. No worries here. All is great!
    rotorwrench and CerveloJohn like this.
    01-17-14 03:45 PM
    Actually it's the battery pack that's "smart" , not the phone or charger. Current Li-ion battery packs have their own circuits that control charge, temp, regulation etc... The charger could be twice that of the PB charger and the battery would control the charge.

In answer to the the OP's question, yes the PB charger is fine for the Z30, Z10, Q10, 9930, 9650 and any other BB with a micro usb port, because it's the BATTERY , not the charger controlling the charge rate . If you go to the CB store look up the Z30 Premium charger, make note of the part number, then look up the PB OEM charger and note the part number, exactly the same. BB is giving you it's blessing.

This has been discussed in many other threads with much misinformation thrown about. The PB charger WILL NOT damage your phone or battery and BB will sell you the PB charger labeled as the Z30 Premium charger, the Z10 Premium charger, the Q10 Premium charger and the 9930/9900 Premium charger. Go for it OP.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 01-18-14 at 02:13 AM.
    01-18-14 12:05 AM
    Me too. You have already read this, but all my phones have been charged with the PlayBook charger without incident.

STA-100-3 v10.2.1.1925-r1926
    rotorwrench likes this.
    01-18-14 01:02 AM
    Actually it's the battery pack that's "smart" , not the phone or charger. Current Li-ion battery packs have their own circuits that control charge, temp, regulation etc... The charger could be twice that of the PB charger and the battery would control the charge.

In answer to the the OP's question, yes the PB charger is fine for the Z30, Z10, Q10, 9930, 9650 and any other BB with a micro usb port, because it's the BATTERY , not the charger controlling the charge rate . If you go to the CB store look up the Z30 Premium charger, make note of the part number, then look up the PB OEM charger and note the part number, exactly the same. BB is giving you it's blessing.

This has been discussed in many other threads with much misinformation thrown about. The PB charger WILL NOT damage your phone or battery and BB will sell you the PB charger labeled as the Z30 Premium charger, the Z10 Premium charger, the Q10 Premium charger and the 9930/9900 Premium charger. Go for it OP.
    I agree with you, I was thinking about phone/processor overheating and shutting the phone off. You are right.
    After all I have been charging with PB charger for years, including stuff that came with 0.5mAh chargers. That's 4 times the amperage.
    I see some have different voltage though.

Sent from my LG-D800
    rotorwrench likes this.
    01-18-14 12:24 PM
    Yes.

Now some people will come along and say you can't. They are stupid and wrong. This has been clarified many times.

Posted via CB10
    While your statement is correct about the charger, it might have been said a little more tactfully . I don't believe any of those you mention are as you describe, just misinformed .
    01-18-14 01:36 PM
    Been using my playbook charger with it from day 1. No issues! Battery charges soooo much faster!

Swiped with my Zulu-3CHO-0MEGA
    01-18-14 02:23 PM
    Not only you can use PB charger to charge the phone there are benefits as I noticed (seriousely)

1. Charges faster
    2. Battery last longer (with same usage the difference for me is 30 hours vs 24 hours)
    01-18-14 05:05 PM
    Not only you can use PB charger to charge the phone there are benefits as I noticed (seriousely)

1. Charges faster
    2. Battery last longer (with same usage the difference for me is 30 hours vs 24 hours)
    Riiiiiiight

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 05:44 PM
    Been using my PB charger in my z30 since day one. Fast and efficient.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 07:38 PM