Can somebody help me / give me some tips why my PIM Services spike up suddenly? (See graph)
    My Z30 was getting hot and I looked up battery level and seen it drop significantly. Then seen that PIM Services were 8.4%...?!? I have no idea why... No OS upgrades, I use this amazing machine everyday, no recent new installs...just a "regular" day...?

Advice anyone?
    PIM Services "go wild" suddenly...?-img_20140919_101621.png

Posted via CB10 / Z30 10.2.1.2941
    Itstakenovermylife likes this.
    09-18-14 09:24 PM
    Saw the same thing. Can't find a reason but it did affect my battery life.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 10:10 PM
    Probably there are Web services between the device and the BlackBerry servers when they drag information from terminals. Google does it but more "softly" and the user don't notice it in device performance or heating...
    There are also other strange things that happens :
    - the battery life is awesome but in some says you will see it sucked more quickly. I've noticed that and saw the BBM activity, in %, was huge ( aprox 36% from all) in that period and barely used it in that day....
    - sometimes the Contacts app seems to go crazy: you search some persons and don't find it, but after a few hours they reappears. WTF?
    And other and other different small issues like this that are annoying .

Proudly Z30 owner
    09-18-14 10:31 PM
    This just happened to me today! In a matter of an hour of NO usage, my battery went from >90% to 31%, and the PIM services was responsible for 60% of my battery usage according to the Device Monitor! I'm honestly freaking out about it a little bit, and hopeful that it was just a glitch... It's making me wonder WTF is going on in the background!
    09-20-14 12:26 PM
    What do you guys use for PIM? Let's see if we can narrow it down to what's responsible.

I use Hotmail and Google. Hotmail is on active sync and Google on IMAP

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 12:35 PM
    I have the same, I was using tinder and for some reason when I use tinder pim services show the same charts you have.
    09-20-14 12:39 PM
    What do you guys use for PIM? Let's see if we can narrow it down to what's responsible.

I use Hotmail and Google. Hotmail is on active sync and Google on IMAP

Posted via CB10
    I use: Gmail in IMAP, and two Exchange accounts.
    09-20-14 12:42 PM
    Update guys, my Z30 now stops taking a charge. At 41%, the battery meter goes to that "fully charged" icon after about 10 minutes of charging. Something super wonky is going on...
    09-20-14 12:44 PM
    I saw an unusual battery drain, my Z10 hot and Device Monitor blames it on BBM but I hardly used it.

Charging through a USB cable took hours to charge. After 2 hrs, I was only 20%.

No new apps installed, No Android apps.

Weird
    09-20-14 01:06 PM
    Update guys, my Z30 now stops taking a charge. At 41%, the battery meter goes to that "fully charged" icon after about 10 minutes of charging. Something super wonky is going on...
    Usually the battery would recalibrate to 100%. So when it was at 41%, it was probably displaying the wrong charge.

Keep an eye on the battery today and if it acts normally, it was simply a calibration problem

Posted via CB10
    Itstakenovermylife likes this.
    09-20-14 01:09 PM