I snapped some pics while doing a few things around the house and didn't notice some aren't of the best quality (unsteady shot?/bad focus?/idk) until I put them on the laptop, but here are some pics of the white Z30 with the black back. I ordered the black back from CrackBerry. I was asked in another thread to post pics of this yesterday and had some time today to get around to it. Again, sorry some are a bit blurry but you'll get an idea of how the device looks with the white/black combo. Hope this helps!
    12-04-14 06:25 PM
    I did this with my Z10. Black phone with the white back... storm trooper style

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    12-04-14 07:02 PM
    Thanks for posting! I still would have preferred the all black but it's still nice.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 09:43 PM
    Thanks for posting! I still would have preferred the all black but it's still nice.

Posted via CB10
    No problem. I purposely purchased white, as I did the same with the Z10. It actually flows really well in person. I can tell you I am asked about the device almost daily.

The white front has the BlackBerry logo in silver along with the silver bezel on the bottom and the silver speaker on top which goes well with the silver frame followed by the black back with the silver logo.

Of course with the screen off being black it really stands out. Everyone has their own taste though, but I've done the "oreo" look since the Z10 and love it. Really stands out from all of the other glass slabs!

Oh and the black back of the Z30 has the cool weave look for some added flash.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 10:29 PM
    Hmmm....I might have to make a purchase of a black background cover. Switch it up every once and awhile.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    12-04-14 10:51 PM
    Just bumping this as someone had posted whether or not to go with white or black. Even with all white, I think it stands out much more and I personally do not get any plastic or Samsung vibe from the all white although I do prefer the white Z30 with the black back.

The pictures do not do the white/black combo much justice as it flows really well from front to side to back. The phone is naked and am constantly asked about it. I've convinced a lot of people that BlackBerry is still relevant and makes excellent quality smartphones.

Anyway, the white will definitely catch more attention and if you want to be a bit unique or even tone it down with a bit of class I think the black back does that for the white Z30.

Of course all just my opinion and everyone has different tastes, but changing the back is a third option to just purchasing either all white or all black.

Edit: Realized I'm just repeating a lot of what I already posted in this thread lol.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 02:17 PM
    I now have the exact same combo. It actually does look pretty nice. I'm without a case at the moment but have an amzer bumper 'case' on the way. OP, did the battery cover you purchased from CB have anything on the inside of it to allow for NFC? I'm not positive but I think the NFC is suppose to be on the back of the battery cover. My white cover had a little black patch on it but the black one I traded for with my friend doesn't have the patch. He bought it from rogers when he switched to them about 6 months ago. Not that it matters to me because I've used the NFC functionality a total of zero times, just curious

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 03:07 PM
    I am waiting for a black back to arrive for my white Z30 as we speak. I can't stand the white back. It's smooth and slippery and has no weave like the black one.
    Looks good on your blurry pics! Lol

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 03:35 PM
    Can you let go of your white back at a discounted price?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 04:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    They sell for $15 shipped on ebay

Posted via CB10
    ordinarymin likes this.
    12-16-14 05:08 PM
    They sell for $15 shipped on ebay

Posted via CB10
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 06:28 PM
    I now have the exact same combo. It actually does look pretty nice. I'm without a case at the moment but have an amzer bumper 'case' on the way. OP, did the battery cover you purchased from CB have anything on the inside of it to allow for NFC? I'm not positive but I think the NFC is suppose to be on the back of the battery cover. My white cover had a little black patch on it but the black one I traded for with my friend doesn't have the patch. He bought it from rogers when he switched to them about 6 months ago. Not that it matters to me because I've used the NFC functionality a total of zero times, just curious

Posted via CB10
    Just popped the back off and it does not have the patch you are referring to. I remember this being on the white back which I switched out of the box. First time taking the cover off again lol. I'm pretty sure I used NFC though and it worked. I'll have to try to transfer a pic via NFC and see if it works. Will post back!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 09:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not sure what's out there, but they should be pretty cheap on Amazon. I know that the screen replacements I was looking at were relatively cheap for the GSM model. I had a Verizon model at the time (black since that's all they carry) and had to spend a few more bucks for an entire screen replacement/digitizer. If you don't find anything let me know.

PS - Since I did have the black Verizon Z30, I opted for a white GSM model and much prefer the look. Doesn't feel cheap at all to me.

Posted via CB10
    ordinarymin likes this.
    12-16-14 09:35 PM
    Just popped the back off and it does not have the patch you are referring to. I remember this being on the white back which I switched out of the box. First time taking the cover off again lol. I'm pretty sure I used NFC though and it worked. I'll have to try to transfer a pic via NFC and see if it works. Will post back!

Posted via CB10
    Just tried transferring a picture via NFC from the Passport to the Z30 and it worked fine. Just put NFC on in the settings on both devices. Weird. Thought I remembered using NFC on the Z30 not to long ago.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 09:40 PM
    I am waiting for a black back to arrive for my white Z30 as we speak. I can't stand the white back. It's smooth and slippery and has no weave like the black one.
    Looks good on your blurry pics! Lol

Posted via CB10
    It is neat looking. I love it. Had a white Z10 with black back from the start so not much of a departure. The white back isn't that bad lol. Just basic. The one picture of the weave with the logo came out rather decent looking. Hopefully you'll like the combo when you get it!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 09:53 PM
    That's what my wife did with her white Z30. She says she likes the black back better than the white. Looks all right I thought but it doesn't compare to the Oreo Z10.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 09:54 PM
    Not sure what's out there, but they should be pretty cheap on Amazon. I know that the screen replacements I was looking at were relatively cheap for the GSM model. I had a Verizon model at the time (black since that's all they carry) and had to spend a few more bucks for an entire screen replacement/digitizer. If you don't find anything let me know.

PS - Since I did have the black Verizon Z30, I opted for a white GSM model and much prefer the look. Doesn't feel cheap at all to me.

Posted via CB10
    I did on Amazon.com. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 10:20 PM
    That's what my wife did with her white Z30. She says she likes the black back better than the white. Looks all right I thought but it doesn't compare to the Oreo Z10.

Posted via CB10
    My first BlackBerry since the Storm was a Verizon oreo Z10. Gave that to my sister to upgrade from an iPhone. What a mess. Apple wanted to charge her $99 to take her number off of imessage. Contacted Verizon and they went back and forth with Apple for 3 days to the point my sister almost said F it and was going to keep the 4S. I made her hang in there. She is now upgraded to my Verizon Z30 and loves it. The oreo Z10 just works whereas the oreo Z30 is more of a modification and taste preference although I am a fan of both.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 10:48 PM
    Just tried transferring a picture via NFC from the Passport to the Z30 and it worked fine. Just put NFC on in the settings on both devices. Weird. Thought I remembered using NFC on the Z30 not to long ago.

Posted via CB10
    That's great, thanks for getting back. I wasn't sure but saw a battery cover for sale on amazon which stated it wasn't an NFC battery cover so I assumed it must need that patch on the back of it to function properly.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 12:53 PM