Hi all,

I downloaded all my photos to my computer today, and noticed that any photos taken in portrait are all oriented in landscape.

I had sort of "noticed" this for a while, but never thought anything of it because it looked fine on my phone.

But only photos taken when I first got the phone seem ok. Like the last photo in portrait when viewing on my computer was from Nov 2013!

Is this common?

I used to think that photos would come out in whatever orientation the phone thought was up. So I tend to keep rotate locked, but would unlock it to take photos in landscape mode.

I just tested taking two photos, both with my screen locked to portrait, one held upright and one holding the camera to the side. On the phone, they self orient to the way the phone was held. But when I plug in my Z30 to my computer, they show up as both in landscape mode. In other words, one is right side up, and the other is sideways... Any help?

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    12-02-14 07:54 PM
    Looks like some very weird OS issue. I tried doing the same thing as yours and it appeared correctly on both the device and on the computer. You can try reloading your OS via BlackBerry Link and see how it goes (be sure to backup first before doing so).
    12-03-14 04:33 AM
    That's unfortunate. Not sure how much it's worth fiddling around with. I have a habit of trying to fix something and making it worse. Lol

On the pc it's one thing, because I can also just rotate them. Of course it then saves the new modified date, which is annoying. But when sending attachment in emails, it sends the "non rotated" version. Which is pain for work because I work in construction, and send photos to guys of things to fix all the time. I guess I could just avoid sending portrait photos.

Remember though, on my phone, everything looks the way it should.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    12-03-14 07:16 AM