So I'm rockin' my new Z30 and really enjoying my 10.2.1803 BerryLeak as well!!!

Obviously like everyone else, looking for the best case to protect my investment and suitable for my needs and comfort.

So I bought a couple of them, I was getting a super great price so I couldn't resist. They are both BlackBerry cases: Leather Flip Case & Transform Case. Love both cases!

But here is the biggest challenge I have with the Leather Flip, I can't have calls while the flap is closed!! (meaning, I can't open the flap take the call, close the flap and continue with the call. Nor can you make a call and close and continue the call)

Am I missing something here?? I am able to do it in my S3!

If we are not able to use the phone option with the flap closed with this case (what's the point) , then I would think this was poorly thought out!!

Can someone please tell me that I am missing something! Like a option to turn on/off somewhere in the settings maybe.

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Cheers!

Posted with My Z30 via CB10
    Last edited by pepe68; 11-10-13 at 07:24 AM.
    11-10-13 02:22 AM
    WOW seriously???? That is a problem.
    11-10-13 07:11 AM
    Do you mean you can make a phone call with the flap closed? Or you can't accept any calls when the flap is closed.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 07:17 AM
    Do you mean you can make a phone call with the flap closed? Or you can't accept any calls when the flap is closed.

Posted via CB10
    You can't use the phone option when the flap is closed as the magnetic switch closes the screen, hence ending the call.

They should have the option to enable and disable this feature. I looked through the settings of the phone and can't find anything related to this.

This is why I'm asking, I may just have simply over looked it or it may just be they did not think this through and have the option set in the os.

Thanks for asking to clarify.

Cheers!

11-10-13 07:28 AM
    Closing the flap doesn't end the call for me, it's supposed to work.

Posted from my Z30.
    11-10-13 07:35 AM
    Phone use with Leather Flip Case on Z30-img_00000001.png

Check your settings.

Go to phone> swipe down> settings> holster
    11-10-13 07:54 AM
    I can make phone calls with the flap closed on my Z30. Both holster settings are off.
    11-10-13 10:01 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000001.png 
Views:	663 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	219084

Check your settings.

Go to phone> swipe down> settings> holster
    I was looking in the wrong place!! LOL!

Thank you!!!

Cheers!

11-10-13 10:50 AM
    hey man, glad to hear you find the right setting (on a side note, this is the typical user's error that someone puts in the title: terrible z30 design or i am leaving bb because of this garbage phone or something like that, to later find out that it was your fault - not meaning the op)... i am myself looking for a case for the z30, what's your opinion of the two you have?
    11-10-13 02:37 PM
    I'm loving my leather flip case, but I'm trying to remove it to change to another case and I'm not sure how, plus I don't want to force it in case of it breaking or damaging the phone?...any suggestions????

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 03:17 PM
    Leather flip is great. Use your thumb nail and slide along the bottom from the speaker slot. It will open a crack, then lever it open from there.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 03:41 PM
    hey man, glad to hear you find the right setting (on a side note, this is the typical user's error that someone puts in the title: terrible z30 design or i am leaving bb because of this garbage phone or something like that, to later find out that it was your fault - not meaning the op)... i am myself looking for a case for the z30, what's your opinion of the two you have?
    Now that I fixed the issue with the flip, all is great!

I like both for different reasons. The flip is classy and clean during business and keeps the screen hidden from prying eyes. Like the fact that it also protects the screen when not in use!

As for the Transform, well I like this one so I can use it for bedside mode. The flip can't do this.
    Somewhat of a pain having to change it. On draw back though, due to the plastic/rubber, the stand flap tends want to close, making the stand not very secure in portrait mode. Which is the position required to keep the phone plugged in for charging overnight and keep the time showing. Unfortunate that they don't seem to going to make a BlackBerry dock for this phone. (as they have not figure out to rotate the main screen from portrait to landscape).

I tried the Otterbox Commuter, great protection, but made phone bulky and definitely ugly for me. Some like it and it suits their needs. It's a great case, no question.

That't my take!

Cheers!!

11-10-13 04:18 PM
    thanks for the insights.... i am undecided about what to get... i was considering the leather pocket plus skin protection (or even naked) but i feel the phone would be too exposed and a tragedy waiting to happen... so i am between the two you have and i am not really into switching cases according to the occasion... mmmmm i will need to think this through hahaha... thanks and enjoy your phone! (mine is waiting for me at home since i am in a business trip out of the country)

Now that I fixed the issue with the flip, all is great!

I like both for different reasons. The flip is classy and clean during business and keeps the screen hidden from prying eyes. Like the fact that it also protects the screen when not in use!

As for the Transform, well I like this one so I can use it for bedside mode. The flip can't do this.
    Somewhat of a pain having to change it. On draw back though, due to the plastic/rubber, the stand flap tends want to close, making the stand not very secure in portrait mode. Which is the position required to keep the phone plugged in for charging overnight and keep the time showing. Unfortunate that they don't seem to going to make a BlackBerry dock for this phone. (as they have not figure out to rotate the main screen from portrait to landscape).

I tried the Otterbox Commuter, great protection, but made phone bulky and definitely ugly for me. Some like it and it suits their needs. It's a great case, no question.

That't my take!

Cheers!!

11-10-13 06:00 PM
    Thanks insync for the info...I will try it

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 06:14 PM