Which phone case and screen protector are you using?-img_00000013.jpg
    Which phone case and screen protector are you using?-img_00000012.jpg

Z30 FTW - Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 09:22 PM
    Using the blue transform case
    Where did you get the case?

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    12-09-13 10:00 PM
    Just got Clarivue screen protector, I'm not 100% satisfied with it but it does keep smudges and fingerprints away from the screen.

12-09-13 10:01 PM
    Naked! Only way to go with the beautiful device!

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 10:37 PM
    Naked! Only way to go with the beautiful device!

Posted via CB10
    Not worth the risk for me

12-09-13 11:38 PM
    Any good retailers with knowledgeable staff for accessories in Toronto? Every Bell, Rogers and Source I've been to so far is manned by idiots. I like to touch and feel before I buy and tend to be clumsy when it comes to installing them, so a little help, or at least advice, is always welcomed.

Thanks,

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 11:43 PM
    Any good retailers with knowledgeable staff for accessories in Toronto? Every Bell, Rogers and Source I've been to so far is manned by idiots. I like to touch and feel before I buy and tend to be clumsy when it comes to installing them, so a little help, or at least advice, is always welcomed.

Thanks,

Posted via CB10
    You have a better chance of getting the info you need on this site compare to any stores in Toronto.

Z30 accessories are very limited at the moment.

12-10-13 12:21 AM
    i am using the Lizard Stripe Hard Cover Leather Case for my iphone..
    01-10-14 09:27 AM
    Noreve leather Case.
    Taken off the screen protector, not necessary anymore.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 09:38 AM
    hi I have been looking at this leather cover as well .....how have you found it good points bad points
    thanks
    02-02-14 02:57 PM
    The BlackBerry Z30 leather pocket case black.

Posted with CB10, Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.0.429
    02-02-14 03:17 PM
    Now using a mix of the two available commuter styles. Stormtrooper style:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000013.jpg 
Views:	833 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	228525
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000012.jpg 
Views:	836 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	228526

Z30 FTW - Posted via CB10
    I realize your post is over 2 months old now, but this is the first time I saw it. That case combination is in a word...PIMP!
    I think you should show that to the 501st Legion. :-)
    02-22-14 05:43 PM
    Where in Toronto? I went to a store in Brampton hi-tech on hurontario the young girl installed my screen protector and she did the best darn job ever. No dust was trapped or bubble or the infamous peel on the edge of the camera cut out.

She also had a tpu case for $10 that's what I got and the case doesn't feel cheap, pretty flexible and durable

I flick!
    02-24-14 10:21 PM
    Hi guys! I badly need your help. I dropped my phone (z30) resulting to multiple dents. Since it's so hard to find cases for bbz30 here in my location... Is it possible to replace the aluminum/silver side/part of the phone?? Please reply. Thank you!!!
    02-25-14 07:09 AM
    I use an otterbox defender on my vzw z30. First one had an invisishield by Zagg. My jacket pushed it out of holster climbing into pickup truck and it hit the tailgate on way down and broke the screen UNDER THE GLASS with a hairline fracture. If you get this set up, make sure the release tabs are parallel to the ground on the bottom of the holster. Mine were on top when it was pushed out.

If worn on right hip of person in front of you, should be rectangular in shape, top left and right corners should be the rounded protective corners. The release tabs should be on the BOTTOM LEFT AND RIGHT CORNERS. When the heavy Carr Hart winter jacket lifted up as I was standing up in pickup, I heard a click sound like device detached because moving up pulled the release tabs and lifted the device out of the holster from the bottom edge between the protective corners. Had it been reversed like it is now on the second Z30, this issue could have been prevented and currently appears corrected as jacket from bent over body position to standing motion now pulls tabs on bottom of holster up, to hold device in.

Bending down rubs jacket on top two protective corners that are rounded so it won't cause aforementioned unintended release. So bending down does nothing, standing up keeps it closed. This happened 5 days after the 14 day no worries return policy with Verizon expired. So my $100 deductible was my cost of this mistake. I suffered for five days re-using my note 2 waiting for replacement Z30 Hear ME Crackberry Z30 users, learn from my mistake so you do not have to repeat it.

Side note, this is the ONLY PHONE IN 19 years as cellular customer that I had a broken screen of any kind ...EVER.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 08:21 AM
    I use an otterbox defender on my vzw z30. First one had an invisishield by Zagg. My jacket pushed it out of holster climbing into pickup truck and it hit the tailgate on way down and broke the screen UNDER THE GLASS with a hairline fracture. If you get this set up, make sure the release tabs are parallel to the ground on the bottom of the holster. Mine were on top when it was pushed out.

If worn on right hip of person in front of you, should be rectangular in shape, top left and right corners should be the rounded protective corners. The release tabs should be on the BOTTOM LEFT AND RIGHT CORNERS. When the heavy Carr Hart winter jacket lifted up as I was standing up in pickup, I heard a click sound like device detached because moving up pulled the release tabs and lifted the device out of the holster from the bottom edge between the protective corners. Had it been reversed like it is now on the second Z30, this issue could have been prevented and currently appears corrected as jacket from bent over body position to standing motion now pulls tabs on bottom of holster up, to hold device in.

Bending down rubs jacket on top two protective corners that are rounded so it won't cause aforementioned unintended release. So bending down does nothing, standing up keeps it closed. This happened 5 days after the 14 day no worries return policy with Verizon expired. So my $100 deductible was my cost of this mistake. I suffered for five days re-using my note 2 waiting for replacement Z30 Hear ME Crackberry Z30 users, learn from my mistake so you do not have to repeat it.

Side note, this is the ONLY PHONE IN 19 years as cellular customer that I had a broken screen of any kind ...EVER.

Posted via CB10
    I just want to let you know that you would not have been covered by worry free guarantee. Damage is not covered.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 05:02 PM
    I've tried Zagg Invisible Shield and their new "HD" film, and although durable, neither was great in terms of look/feel: the original product suffered terribly from "orange peel", and the film was rubbery feeling and grippy, so did not lend itself to smooth touchscreen operation. The HD product was smoother, but despite manufacturer claims, still suffered from "orange peel", albeit to a much lesser degree..

Then I tried the much vaunted iShieldz screen protector, and it went on incredibly easily and was very clear and smooth, but unlike the Zagg film, it was not as scratch resistant and the "self healing" claim turned out to be overexaggerated: really minor scratches and dings would recover after a day or so, but if you put the phone face down on a dirty table for example, those scratches would be permanent, and any pressure points (eg, lending the phone to someone with long nails) would render the film unusable- the little dent from the fingernail would "self heal" and recover, the the adhesive underneath would delaminate from the film, leaving a permanent bubble..

Then I tried a few "generic" screen protectors- biggest benefit with these was that they were incredibly cheap- $1.99 for 2, including free shipping type of deal.... Most are of that hard PET plastic, so they are very clear and smooth, but they were also much more difficult to install without bubbles, etc, and many of them had sharp edges that would catch on things and peel the film back, resulting in permanent bubbles or dust ingress.. The harder film also tended to pick up lots of tiny "micro scratches"..

In December, I found XtremeGuard, which was a low-cost film that claimed to be the same type of film as Zagg/iShieldz, but much cheaper (eg $5-6 for a full body (screen and back) protector set vs. $29.95 just for a screen protector in the case of the "name brand" stuff).. Now given my experiences with this type of protector, I normally would have given this product a pass as well, but they had a 80 or 90% off promo code (which apparently still works: try 80off or 90off or Google for it), and if you're in the US, free shipping as well (I think it was $7 for shipping to Canada, but at 90% off, I bought a couple of sets to average down the cost per set).. This film is quite clear and it is quite smooth in feel, although in terms of optical quality, it is not perfectly glossy smooth as it is likely a lower quality film, but you only really notice this if you're looking carefully at reflections off the screen.. In terms of durability, I'd say this film is a winner- its clarity is excellent and does not interfere with the display quality or brightness (no color moire as some films/adhesives can cause), it is smooth enough for touch-screen operation, has the same "self healing" type of characteristics of the Zagg film, but doesn't have the "orange peel" effect, and in fact, because the surface isn't perfectly glossy smooth, it also doesn't pick up or show scratches either; the film edges are pretty reasonable- you can feel them, but they're not sharp and scratchy like the hard films, and they have not caught on anything and lifted as of yet.. The product is pretty no-frills: you get it in a plain paper envelope, no fancy box with flashy graphics, the "install kit" which consists of a hard plastic card and a scrap of microfiber for cleaning the screen is extra cost unless you buy more than one kit, in which case it's free, but there's no little spray bottle with alcohol and dish soap solution- you have to provide your own solution, and as described, the film is somewhat less smooth, indicating it is probably a lower quality film, at least as far as protecting helicopter rotor blades goes, but it seems to be an ideal film for protecting smart phone screens, especially given the deep discounts offered with all these codes..

In terms of cases, in the past, I used to be firmly in the Otterbox camp, but their quality has gone way downhill in the last few years, no longer are they the virtually indestructible protection they once were, but are infinitely more fragile- I've had the hard shells break on the last few models I've tried (granted, the rubber liner still protected the phone from damage, but the cases themselves were a loss.. Since the Z10, I've been buying the BlackBerry flip shells for my phones- the shells are quite durable and protect the sides and back of the device, and the flip cover protects the screen when not in use.. The Z10 version is a bit crappy and after a year, the edges of the cover are kind of shredded and the rubbery outer coating is delaminating, but it kept the device in good shape.. The Z30 leather flip is a fair bit better- not perfect, I've reviewed it in another thread, but it is a classy looking case, and gives the device a higher end look/feel, the way that the leatherette back did on the original Bold 9000..
    02-27-14 11:04 AM
    Otterbox commuter and Zagg HD screen protector.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 01:39 PM
    Just got this today. Works/fits great. Listed as crystal clear but is more milky/opaque. Great deal for $6.79!
    Which phone case and screen protector are you using?-img_00000016.jpg
    http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=121219380795

My bitchin' Z30 BlackBerry
    03-02-14 12:47 AM
    I'm surprised no one here us using the transform case

I bought the blackberry official, didnt like it... the back is hard plastic and very slippery in the hand...

Changed for an open back bumper case off ebay and have a privacy screen protector

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 04:41 AM
    Re: clear screen protectors

I tried several generic and not so generic(forgot the brand) screen protector and I find them substandard. Some doesn't fit exactly over the screen and all of them became oily after a few hours. Constant cleaning os required.

Finally I install Capdase. A bit more money but the difference is huge. It is crystal clear, silky smooth and oil resistant.

The free case- advertised as case with free screen protector but I say otherwise. They are ok for everyday use and not slippery BUT I miss the look and feel of being naked

Z30 STA100-2
    03-02-14 06:19 AM
    Where is the case from?
    Wow I want one!!!!

Z30 STA100-2
    03-02-14 06:21 AM
97 ... 234