First off, I am going to start by saying I am a BlackBerry fan as it keeps my life organized so I can get things done fast.

I cannot sit and let BlackBerry make any more mistakes. BB10 is a great OS and is only getting better, but if BlackBerry expects to release their top of the line phone with current competitor phone specs or less, that would be a mistake and they need to stop!

The time is now for BlackBerry to release the best phone, not BlackBerry, the Best Phone out in the market! Specs sells and as much as margins are important, I believe that market penetration is even more important. The product needs to state that I am the best spec phone and have the best OS, try me. That is the new BlackBerry that we all want to see.

All, the Z10's were sold on loyal BlackBerry people and word of mouth, the Q10 will sell by the keyboard, the A10 needs to sell on the best specs for now and the future life span of the phone! And the marketing needs to be top notch also.

If you agree with this post, please leave a comment. BlackBerry it is time to go big or go home!

Posted via me on my Z10
    07-15-13 11:17 AM
    I agree with this post.

Sent from CB forums app with... (you can't handle this, it's not a bb)
    07-15-13 11:55 AM
    First off, I am going to start by saying I am a BlackBerry fan as it keeps my life organized so I can get things done fast.

I cannot sit and let BlackBerry make any more mistakes. BB10 is a great OS and is only getting better, but if BlackBerry expects to release their top of the line phone with current competitor phone specs or less, that would be a mistake and they need to stop!

The time is now for BlackBerry to release the best phone, not BlackBerry, the Best Phone out in the market! Specs sells and as much as margins are important, I believe that market penetration is even more important. The product needs to state that I am the best spec phone and have the best OS, try me. That is the new BlackBerry that we all want to see.

All, the Z10's were sold on loyal BlackBerry people and word of mouth, the Q10 will sell by the keyboard, the A10 needs to sell on the best specs for now and the future life span of the phone! And the marketing needs to be top notch also.

If you agree with this post, please leave a comment. BlackBerry it is time to go big or go home!

Posted via me on my Z10
    Will you guys please get real... By the time someone comes out with the "best phone", then someone will have a "better phone" within no time. If you want the A10 to wait until it is the best phone, it will never get released.
    SDTRMG and Easy-G like this.
    07-15-13 11:57 AM
    Yes I 100% agree...I'm a real BlackBerry fan I don't wanna switch to any other platform...

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 11:59 AM
    Although I agree, the hardware has probably been finalized for a long time so a petition would be pointless.
    07-15-13 12:02 PM
    Will you guys please get real... By the time someone comes out with the "best phone", then someone will have a "better phone" within no time. If you want the A10 to wait until it is the best phone, it will never get released.
    Everyone understands this, but if they are coming out with a phone that doesn't at least compare to the best that is out, then they risk not scooping up a chunk of the phablet 5" market! That is as real as I can get and I put this up because I want BlackBerry back on top and competing. Not everyone will agree.

Posted via me on my Z10
    07-15-13 12:04 PM
    Although I agree, the hardware has probably been finalized for a long time so a petition would be pointless.
    Unfortunately, may be true, but just want BlackBerry to make phone of the future and not now.

I have said enough of my piece lol, I will let everyone else say what they think needs to be said.

Posted via me on my Z10
    07-15-13 12:08 PM
    I agree with the sentiment of the post! We don't really know what the specs will be yet...I never put stock in unverified leaks of this sort. Lots of interim test devices and such along the path to final product. I will also add that specs alone for the sake of specs divorced from the context of the efficiency and performance of the OS are meaningless. Which is a faster car...the 2.4L FI or the 5.0L NASCAR? Exactly. :-)
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-15-13 12:08 PM
    you speak like it's a hardware issue.
    Tre Lawrence and SDTRMG like this.
    07-15-13 12:16 PM
    It's not running a clunky version of android. It's running bb10. Why would I want to pay for hardware that my phone won't even need?

Posted via CB10
    BB10QNX, sergey_IL, SDTRMG and 3 others like this.
    07-15-13 12:31 PM
    you speak like it's a hardware issue.
    In with you. I don't think hardware is the issue at all.
    SDTRMG and LWKING like this.
    07-15-13 12:35 PM
    I'm more excited to eventually play with a Q5 than this from what I've seen of the A10. It isn't just because of the keyboard on the Q5 either.

I thought I would have been excited about the Aristo but I'm not.

Posted via my CB Q10
    Acumenight likes this.
    07-15-13 12:45 PM

Posted via me on my Z10
    I know a lot of people with androids, iphones and BB's, not one of them know what the specs of their phone are. People need to get real specs dont sell phones to the masses (people like us on crackberry arent the masses we are the minority, and so are other on other tech sites). The iphone the most popular phone but know one knows the sped's. Android cant use more than 2 cores so quad cores are waste on them.

For the techies yes they want the most powerful possible, i know im one of them. Spec's dont mean everything as android usually have the best specs but dont function as well as an iphone or BB10 phones.

PS. If spec's were everything my Z10 wouldn't be doing circles around my friends sg4. Now he wishes he got a BB instead because with less then half the resources at its disposal its making his supposedly beast of phone look more like a piece of junk.
    07-15-13 12:47 PM
    In reality people don't buy a phone based on its specs. In fact, to 99 percent of the people out there, the specs are meaningless. It is the look and the feel and what people have heard about a phone is what sells it.

In my opinion blackberry should have released a10 type phone (large) to being with instead of the z10. The z10 is a really good phone and the people I know who have them really like them. It just lacked any wow factor, when you go to a cell phone store and see it sitting there next to all the other touch screen phones, it gets lost in the mix. It is just another phone.
    07-15-13 01:13 PM
    SIGNED, SEALED!! Awaiting proper deliver!
    07-15-13 01:20 PM
    Yeah.. then everyone's gotta buy it. The worse thing you can do is make it the most expensive thing out there and if most buyers don't find value in it, it can be the biggest loser out there. And that won't make money for BB.

It's not like a PC. PC are all basicall all built the same so increasing processing speeds, etc on the same OS you can see a marked difference in the level of higher specs applied. With different operating systems, this may or may not hold true. Take Android for instance... the OS is not that efficientand needs the higher end specs.

If you get all your games to run 60 fps (max. for LED), high screen resolution undetectable by eye on the fairly small (relatively speaking) 5" screen with no lag, great battery life, etc. .. then most people won't think anything of the difference or care.
    BB10QNX likes this.
    07-15-13 01:25 PM
    it'll be mediocre at best....
    its like Car A vs Car B.
    Both have engine spec 500whp, 7 speed auto....yada yada....
    But Car A has only leatherette.....and standard features.....
    Car B, has real leather, Navi, Bluetooth, back up camera...rear heated seats with massage feature....the whole works and not that much more in price....
    What car is going to sell faster and more? Do you absolutely need back up camera? Do you absolutely need Navi, Do you absolutely need rear heated seats? Prob not needed, but want it....and its not that much more.....you'll make people want it, regardless if they need it.
    07-15-13 01:40 PM
    Precisely!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    07-15-13 01:43 PM
    We know nothing than that the screen will be 720p. Something BlackBerry has told us since early 2012!

One of the main issues with BlackBerry Java OS was screen fragmentation. BlackBerry has been very clear: all devices will be 720x720 and 720p (except the Z10, which is slightly different).

For sure, screen technology is improving, but improving doesn't always mean more pixels. You are very welcome to be frustrated if the screen isn't good - but just be frustrated by being 720 and not 1080 - come on!

For sure, camera technology is improving. But even a 21 Megapixel camera doesn't make a smartphone a great camera phone. What counts are the quality of the pictures you take with the phone. Nothing else. Beeing 5,8,13 Megapixel doesn't count!

Same goes with CPU, GPU, RAM - the numbers give you nothing! A BlackBerry flagship device should run smooth with a great UI and UX.

What BlackBerry doesn't need is a fragmented ecosystem - where some Apps run great on the flagship devices - okay on some others and very laggy on others.

So technically all apps have to be built for the Q5. BlackBerry can't release Apps for A10 only! That wouldn't make any sense! They should NOT start again to have different app builts for different devices (we have all seen the problems in the past)

BlackBerry isn't in a situation where they can concentrate on some flagship devices! They have to keep their eyes on the whole BlackBerry 10 device family.

Of course technically BlackBerry could built a octocore 2.4 Ghz, 4GB Ram, mega GPU 1080p device.

But with this device there will be some great Apps that run on the A10, but would never get on the Z10 or make it to the Z10 but are laggy! 3.000.000 pissed early adopters! Great idea!

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-15-13 01:44 PM
    How about build to suit, if one wants top specs, they can pay for them, but if one doesn't, they don't have to. Maybe Blackberry should partner with Dell ;-).
    07-15-13 02:04 PM
    I know a lot of people with androids, iphones and BB's, not one of them know what the specs of their phone are. People need to get real specs dont sell phones to the masses (people like us on crackberry arent the masses we are the minority, and so are other on other tech sites). The iphone the most popular phone but know one knows the sped's. Android cant use more than 2 cores so quad cores are waste on them.

For the techies yes they want the most powerful possible, i know im one of them. Spec's dont mean everything as android usually have the best specs but dont function as well as an iphone or BB10 phones.

PS. If spec's were everything my Z10 wouldn't be doing circles around my friends sg4. Now he wishes he got a BB instead because with less then half the resources at its disposal its making his supposedly beast of phone look more like a piece of junk.
    Let's just say that in a perfect world, consumers don't care about specs. OK. So now they don't care, but they will always care about ONE spec (consumers being consumers and all), and that's camera spec. At 8mp, the A10 is very 2012-early 2013. Yeah, I know mp isn't everything, but consumers don't know.

Here's the thing, there is a consumer for every type of spec, and the A10 doesn't compete on any of them. Where's the bright side?? There's no silver lining here. This device will be for the bb faithful, end of story. Ain't no one with a Note 2 that will want the device when it's time to upgrade to the Note 3. Heck, the Note 2 is better than the A10 already marginally. Bb is competing in the "phablet" market with the A10, so don't give me no stories about Iphones and windows phones because they have zero phablets. Even android non-phablets have better specs than the A10.

Sent from CB forums app with... (you can't handle this, it's not a bb)
    07-15-13 05:07 PM
    In with you. I don't think hardware is the issue at all.
    I agree, I think it's perception, marketing and execution...

Specs mean nothing, ask Apple. Android is leading right now because it's a CHEAP open source OS and any hardware manufacturer can use it as a platform. It's back to Windows vs Mac, only this time it's mobile...
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-15-13 05:17 PM
    I think "wow" "cool" features are just as important. Specs are never part of the conversation with iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-15-13 05:40 PM

+1000 this. Amen ! I'd love to see BB become a smartphone leader in innovation. Why do you want to be like the rest when you can be the best? The time is now. Make it happen.
    07-15-13 05:53 PM
    There's more to smartphones then specs, and I'm happy buying the a10.

Why is it Apple, Microsoft, and to an extent Google(moto X/nexus) aren't in the spec war, but yet blackberry has to join it or there done? I don't get that logic, and as a business owner see that bb is taking an apple/Microsoft approach and not a android oem approach.
    07-15-13 06:25 PM
118 123 ...