I agree. Also, BB10 is a proprietary OS that can be optimized and tuned specifically for BB hardware, unlike Android which is a generic open source OS that is intended to run on any hardware.

Unfortunately, all Joe Consumer sees is

CPU: 2 < 4 (almost all Android flagships), and
    Camera: 8 < 13 (GS4) < 41 (Lumia 1020)
    Who is going to optimize and fine tune BB10?
    07-16-13 05:32 PM
    This is where you and everyone else is wrong. People don't buy Apple because it's Apple.
    I disagree. However, I don't mean to imply that Apple didn't work hard to build hardware, software ecosystem, support ecosystem, etc... that has turned Apple into a brand many people will now "Just Buy".

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 05:35 PM
    My post went completely went over your head didn't it?
    I read ur post and it did not go over my head. I read the reasons u feel specs are not necessary and although well thought out and articulated u are completely wrong. This phone will fail and when it is released people will laugh at it like they do when they see my Z10. BlackBerry is failing as a company and at every chance they have to redeem themselves the fail miserably again and again. It's honestly sad to see because I want nothing more for them to succeed. My post just brought a tear to my eye so I'm gonna need a minute...
    07-16-13 05:39 PM
    I read ur post and it did not go over my head. I read the reasons u feel specs are not necessary and although well thought out and articulated u are completely wrong. This phone will fail and when it is released people will laugh at it like they do when they see my Z10. BlackBerry is failing as a company and at every chance they have to redeem themselves the fail miserably again and again. It's honestly sad to see because I want nothing more for them to succeed. My post just brought a tear to my eye so I'm gonna need a minute...
    I was referring to the overall BB10 experience from the A10, not the phone's success in sales. That's another discussion entirely.
    Last edited by LWKING; 07-16-13 at 06:07 PM.
    07-16-13 05:49 PM
    BlackBerry gonna make a better phone next year get over it you don't want the phone don't get it keel the one you have or get a different one seriously it's not that serious...

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 05:50 PM
    I agree with OP 100%

A message to BlackBerry

Do SOMETHING spectacular.

Have a super new screen tech, an awesome camera, wirleless charging, wacom digitizer, stereo speakers, more than the bare minimum of 2GB RAM, a Snapdragon 800 processor, USB otg, Wifi ac, a charging cradle bundled in every box, do something new .... anything at all but do SOMETHING worthwhile with the Hardware.
    mnc76 likes this.
    07-16-13 05:53 PM
    I disagree. However, I don't mean to imply that Apple didn't work hard to build hardware, software ecosystem, support ecosystem, etc... that has turned Apple into a brand many people will now "Just Buy".

Posted via CB10
    If people purchased Apple products because of the name, then they could release a sack of dirt and people would buy it.

People buy Apple because of the experience. Apple knows how to sell to the user's emotions. Apple sincerely believes that they sell the best stuff on earth. Jony Ive is a perfect example. He LIVES for his work. That is the reason he was born. There's a passion in their work for making more than just great computers, more than just great laptops, more than just great phones. With that amount of passion comes trust. You can always rely on Apple because the people that make the phones care way too much for it to be anything less than the best. It's a safe purchase.

That, mnc76, is why people buy Apple. Apple wasn't the first company to make a computer. They weren't the first company to make an mp3 player. They weren't even the first company to make a tablet. But they were the first company passionate enough to strive towards breaking the norms and taking things a step further. They wanted to share their vision with the world. They went against the grain to do it. If you take away the passion, then Apple becomes just another company.

I'm in no way an Apple fanboy. I don't even own an Apple product. As much as they rip off consumers with their high prices, you gotta respect the passion in their work.
    07-16-13 06:03 PM
    I agree with OP 100%

A message to BlackBerry

Do SOMETHING spectacular.

Have a super new screen tech, an awesome camera, wirleless charging, wacom digitizer, stereo speakers, more than the bare minimum of 2GB RAM, a Snapdragon 800 processor, USB otg, Wifi ac, a charging cradle bundled in every box, do something new .... anything at all but do SOMETHING worthwhile with the Hardware.
    Now that sounds flagship to me!
    I don't know if BlackBerry just want customers to keep upgrading, but when I build a computer, I put the latest and greatest so that it can be optimized in the future. They should not call this a flagship phone if they are not prepared to put it against each companies flagship.

But for sure, they need to market the s h! t out of this product with engaging marketing! Especially if these rumored specs are true. BlackBerry people have done sold the brand as much as possible, now it is up to BlackBerry to help sell themselves proper!

Posted via Me on my Z
    mnc76 likes this.
    07-16-13 06:15 PM
    If people purchased Apple products because of the name, then they could release a sack of dirt and people would buy it.

People buy Apple because of the experience. Apple knows how to sell to the user's emotions. Apple sincerely believes that they sell the best stuff on earth. Jony Ive is a perfect example. He LIVES for his work. That is the reason he was born. There's a passion in their work for making more than just great computers, more than just great laptops, more than just great phones. With that amount of passion comes trust. You can always rely on Apple because the people that make the phones care way too much for it to be anything less than the best. It's a safe purchase.

That, mnc76, is why people buy Apple. Apple wasn't the first company to make a computer. They weren't the first company to make an mp3 player. They weren't even the first company to make a tablet. But they were the first company passionate enough to strive towards breaking the norms and taking things a step further. They wanted to share their vision with the world. They went against the grain to do it. If you take away the passion, then Apple becomes just another company.

I'm in no way an Apple fanboy. I don't even own an Apple product. As much as they rip off consumers with their high prices, you gotta respect the passion in their work.
    Did you read my post you quoted?

How many people do you know who bought the iPhone without having ever previously owned an iPhone?

If you're like me, then probably a whole lot.

These people do not know the magical iPhone experience. They buy it because it is an Apple--which has become the "go To" smartphone maker for a huge number of people.

Again, as I said in my last post, Apple GOT TO this point by having a very good product. But the fact is, they are now at a point where many folks buy it "Blind".

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mnc76; 07-16-13 at 06:25 PM.
    07-16-13 06:15 PM
    BlackBerry gonna make a better phone next year get over it you don't want the phone don't get it keel the one you have or get a different one seriously it's not that serious...

Posted via CB10
    It is that serious which is the problem. BlackBerry may not be here next year to buy anything new of theirs. They are a company which is close to going bye bye. Where have u been?
    mnc76 and BB_Ooo like this.
    07-16-13 06:24 PM
    Did you read my post you quoted?

How many people do you know who bought the iPhone without having ever previously owned an iPhone?

If you're like me, then probably a whole lot.

These people do not know the magical iPhone experience. They buy it because it is an Apple--which has become the "go To" smartphone maker for a huge number of people.

Again, as I said in my last post, Apple GOT TO this point by having a very good product. But the fact is, they are now at a point where many folks buy it "Blind".

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I may have misunderstood your point a little in your post. All good now
    07-16-13 06:34 PM
    Another deluded playbook owner... By the time what you say "might" happen, playbook will be 3 years old already. Just get over it.

Though I agree they have to optimize the OS for FUTURE devices.

Sent from CB forums app with... (you can't handle this, it's not a bb)
    If they can optimize BlackBerry 10 to run with PlayBook level specs, we can see even cheaper devices for entry level markets, that's never bad. In fact, it will prolong BlackBerry 10's life for quite some time

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    07-16-13 10:43 PM
    It is that serious which is the problem. BlackBerry may not be here next year to buy anything new of theirs. They are a company which is close to going bye bye. Where have u been?
    Maybe, maybe not. Every year since 2008/9, people kept saying "rofl bb iz ded bro, umad?" and BlackBerry is still here

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    07-16-13 10:47 PM
    If they can optimize BlackBerry 10 to run with PlayBook level specs, we can see even cheaper devices for entry level markets, that's never bad. In fact, it will prolong BlackBerry 10's life for quite some time

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    Pretty much what I said in my last paragraph. But please, forget the playbook lol.

07-17-13 11:54 AM
    Pretty much what I said in my last paragraph. But please, forget the playbook lol.

PlayBook is the standard they need to reach. 1 GHz dual core and 1GB RAM. If they can achieve that, they can try to fight Samsung's entry level fortress

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    07-17-13 12:23 PM
    PlayBook is the standard they need to reach. 1 GHz dual core and 1GB RAM. If they can achieve that, they can try to fight Samsung's entry level fortress

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    I agree. The Q5 isn't entry level enough. Need at least 1gb ram to compete.

07-17-13 12:43 PM
    A10 will be the equivalent of the "Blackberry Storm" failure and somewhat the nail in the coffin in their dwindling stocks. A10 has no market for its dead on arrival specs. Blackberry needs to concentrate on tweaking OS10 not releasing a inferior phone.

Posted via CB Q-10
    07-17-13 12:47 PM
    This is what the A10 should be like!! This guy stole the words right out of my mouth

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...1/#post8841550

I'd like it and thank it 1,000,000 times. Definitely the best thread on these forums at the moment.
    agp101 likes this.
    07-17-13 04:19 PM
118 ... 345