I'm considering getting a Pebble smartwatch, but how easy is it to use with a blackberry 10 device? I've heard of Talk2Watch, but I don't want to spend $5 on it. Can I just use the Android app?
    04-09-15 10:38 AM
    Just get one of the 2-3 apps from BlackBerry World and be happy. There are free ones.

ORIGINAL Pebble, that is.
    04-09-15 11:10 AM
    There is a free version of talk2watch, I used it for the first few days that I had my pebble, but upgraded to pro version to get improved functionality. Well worth the price, especially now that app store and firmware update capabilities are included in t2w pro.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 04:21 PM
    I'm considering getting a Pebble smartwatch, but how easy is it to use with a blackberry 10 device? I've heard of Talk2Watch, but I don't want to spend $5 on it. Can I just use the Android app?
    If your buying a watch over $100, $5 to have the best app shouldn't be that bad IMO.
    04-09-15 07:24 PM
    Pay the $5 for Talk2Watch Pro. Every other app uses T2WP anyway, so you'll eventually need to buy it. The latest updates give firmware updates and access to the Pebble Store. A MUST have app for a Pebble.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 07:33 PM
    I would probable try and trade an iPod I picked up for one, over Kijiji or something
    04-09-15 10:50 PM
    You are get basic functions from t2w, if you want the added convenience of built in app store, and features from other apps like hub2watch, also a great paid app, then you can decide if you want to upgrade from t2wpro, simple.
    Good luck

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 11:04 PM
    Just buy the app. What's $5? It's nothing really for something that is useful. Five bucks won't even buy you a sandwich these days.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 11:23 PM
    Hey, going off topic a bit because the op's question seems to be answered. . . Those of you who have a pebble, how do you like it? I'm more specifically thinking in relation to the smart watches coming out (not apple, ridiculous cost) - I like the idea of pebble but it seems like the display is so low tech as to possibly be annoying in terms of resolution, etc. Just looking for thoughts and testimonials.. . Thanks!

Edit: BTW, I do have a z30. . .

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 08:36 AM
    Hey, going off topic a bit because the op's question seems to be answered. . . Those of you who have a pebble, how do you like it? I'm more specifically thinking in relation to the smart watches coming out (not apple, ridiculous cost) - I like the idea of pebble but it seems like the display is so low tech as to possibly be annoying in terms of resolution, etc. Just looking for thoughts and testimonials.. . Thanks!

Edit: BTW, I do have a z30. . .

Posted via CB10
    The Pebble was cleverly designed. The screen design and the minimalist intrusion concept is what makes the Pebble a great accessory and sports a solid battery life of a few days. It's more of a notification device than a full interactive one. The simplicity is why it rocks. Check out the reviews across the Internet on smart watches and you'll consistently see the Pebble at (or near) the top on each list.

The screen is fine. It's a watch first and foremost. I own the black Pebble Steel with metal band and absolutely love it!

Posted via CB10
    revtech likes this.
    04-10-15 09:13 AM
    Check out our sister forum in Mobile Nations for info on other types of devices:

Connectedly
    revtech likes this.
    04-10-15 09:34 AM
    How do you guys/ gals find T2W effects the Z30 battery life ? I've heard a few complaints that it kills the phone quickly.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 04:52 PM
    Pebble has been working with bb10 since day one and looks nice. For sure a winner.

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    05-06-15 07:25 PM
    Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    Last edited by Zeratul57; 05-06-15 at 07:38 PM.
    05-06-15 07:26 PM
    I use a z30 and a pebble. The battery life issues are gone with newest 10.3 that I have from bell Canada. Pebble rocks. It's amazing. Turn off vibrate on phone, or put in silent mode. It's so great to look at watch instead of always grabbing phone. Pebble lasts for days on a charge. I'm using talk2watch pro, with no other apps, and I find it to be amazing. Developer is on the job and the app just keeps getting better.

I wouldn't hesitate. Get a pebble. Enjoy.
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-01-15 09:50 PM