View Poll Results: What new BlackBerry device are you waiting for the most?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Passport (as it will be the next QWERTY flagship and that's what I need!)

25 21.01%
  • Z50 (or whatever Z30's successor will be called like. I really need a FULL-TOUCH flagship!)

83 69.75%
  • BlackBerry hasn't come up with the device of my dreams yet!

11 9.24%
    They can't release a 64 bit touch device this year. Best they could do is attempt a leap frog device next year.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Who said Z50 has to be 64 bit? Isn't that feature too overrated? Why everything has to be 64 bit now thanks to Apple?... )))))))
    07-03-14 02:06 PM
    I'm waiting for this in a blackberry z50 or z 30
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/24506...tml#tk.rss_all

Z10
    07-03-14 02:10 PM
    Passport since I haven't seen anything official on the z50

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-03-14 03:49 PM
    Z50 all the way
    07-03-14 04:34 PM
    The Classic will replace my Bold 9900, but might try the Passport out while waiting.
    07-03-14 06:11 PM
    to hard to decide
    07-03-14 08:25 PM
    I'll wait for the Z50 over the Passport. My Z30 doesn't feel old at all just yet. Might not even feel old when the Z50 comes out! It's that good for my needs.

Posted via CB10
    antikorr likes this.
    07-03-14 08:33 PM
    Z50! or whatever the next all touch device will be called!

Posted by my QNX powered Z10
    07-03-14 08:46 PM
    I want an all touch device but I will get the passport and when they come out with Z50 or whatever it will be called, I will get that. Hoping when they show off all the features of the passport they show an all touch version as well. here's to hoping.
    07-03-14 08:48 PM
    One year cycle is totally fine with me, but don't you think BlackBerry needs to catch up with the competition like RIGHT NOW?.. I mean their competitors already released Z2, G3, S5. iPhone 6 is on its way this autumn. Those (non-BlackBerry fans) who eager for the new full-touch device and might consider buying BB (due to boredom, sudden disappointment with Andorid and Apple, curiosity caused by OS 10, etc.) will have to wait for months!

I'm not saying BlackBerry MUST release new full-touch flagship this year. I just say that it would have been a very good decision to make, in my humble opinion. Of course if the device is mature enough.
    I think they wanted a new flagship that was VISUALLY different. Anyone who uses a Passport in public will be a walking advertisement for BlackBerry. Another slab phone would have been... another slab phone.

They wanted something obviously different this time.
    07-03-14 11:10 PM
    I'll wait for the Z50 over the Passport. My Z30 doesn't feel old at all just yet. Might not even feel old when the Z50 comes out! It's that good for my needs.

Posted via CB10
    What gets me is, I doubt very much that there's a huge audience for a "Z50" past the people who have already bought a Z30. And most of them likely bought on contract.

Since the Z30 was introduced in November last year, the soonest the VERY earliest adopters would be able to buy a brand new phone without paying out a hefty fee would be November 2015.

There just isn't a massive market for a premium BlackBerry full-touch handset.
    07-03-14 11:12 PM
    I don't now if i should wait for a "Z50" or if i should buy a Passport.....

I have a Z30 and i love the bis screen....
    But the Passport have this amazing Keyboard and this fantastic Design.....

But when the Z50 get the same screen as the Z30 only with 1080p an the Speakers are so amazing like in the Z30 then i don't know if i should buy a Passport or a Z50...

Help me......Passport....Z50......Passport.....Z50 :-(

(Sorry for my bad englisch....i am from Austria...)
    Gesendet mit der Postkutsche
    07-03-14 11:20 PM
    Who said Z50 has to be 64 bit? Isn't that feature too overrated? Why everything has to be 64 bit now thanks to Apple?... )))))))
    Yes and no. Mobile was moving towards 64 bit eventually. I don't think apple as taken full advantage of it yet but they have the foundation set already.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-03-14 11:39 PM
    What gets me is, I doubt very much that there's a huge audience for a "Z50" past the people who have already bought a Z30. And most of them likely bought on contract.

Since the Z30 was introduced in November last year, the soonest the VERY earliest adopters would be able to buy a brand new phone without paying out a hefty fee would be November 2015.

There just isn't a massive market for a premium BlackBerry full-touch handset.
    This contract system is not everywhere on Earth, you know. Lots of people buy phones factory unlocked and pay full price.

Besides, according to your logic, there's also no market for new iPhones. And SONY producing their new devices every half a year seems to be releasing all of them right down the drainage pipe!

As for the making totally DIFFERENT device, I agree with your point. It's clearly what BlackBerry wanted. And it's good. Still it doesn't make me want a Z50 any less. )))))) And the poll shows I'm not the only one.
    07-04-14 05:44 AM
    Picked up a z30 and am loving it! Makes my z10 (which I also love) seem too small! So, I am waiting for the z50 which must build on the z30 without losing any of the advantages (better reception, amazing battery, rich led colors, etc).
    That being said, I have never been more impressed with ? for their groundbreaking (so it seems) Passport. Innovaton +exposure=life

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 08:04 AM
    There will be a Z30 successor, likely next spring.

In the meantime, it's kind of cool that they're introducing something innovative and distinctive.
    As long as something comes out to replace the Z30 eventually....even if next summer, I'm good!
    I will be curious to actually see and USE a Passport but will not buy one.
    07-04-14 08:25 AM
    I've been upgrade eligible since March 2013. Saving my cash and holding out for the z50.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 08:36 AM
    Guys, sorry if it has been done before. But reading throughout forums I can see there's a huge desire for the successor of Z30 among many crackberians. Yet, a lot of people say Passport is the way to go for BlackBerry and all-touch devices are kinda overestimated and cannot save BBRY.

As a Z30 lover myself, I'd like to know how many of you are actually gonna be satisfied with Passport (as a new QWERTY flagship) and how many are going to wait for the Z30's successor.

Hopefully, someone at BlackBerry will see this poll and make decisions. (Whatever results would be.)
    Assuming that we even get an upgraded all touch. If the Passport and Classic fail then BlackBerry could decide to get out of the handset business and we may never see a new all touch. That's my concern.

Z10
    07-04-14 09:27 AM
    Id like to use both but the Z10 fits my shirt pocket. The Z30 would too. The Passport would not and I would have to go to a front pocket somekind of protection around it to use that even with casual pants, not sure how it would feel ? Depends on your work and lifestyle for sure.
    07-04-14 09:33 AM
    Assuming that we even get an upgraded all touch. If the Passport and Classic fail then BlackBerry could decide to get out of the handset business and we may never see a new all touch. That's my concern.

Z10
    How do you define "fail"?

Chen says that by the time they're done restructuring BlackBerry will be profitable at 10 million phones a year, which is roughly the current output.

The Classic, at the least, is likely to succeed if only because corporate customers were crying out for a phone like it.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    07-04-14 07:33 PM
    How do you define "fail"?

Chen says that by the time they're done restructuring BlackBerry will be profitable at 10 million phones a year, which is roughly the current output.

The Classic, at the least, is likely to succeed if only because corporate customers were crying out for a phone like it.

I don't define fail..blackberry does. And if whatever happens with the Passport and Classic meets that criteria then it's a fail. I agree with you completely about the Classic. In my honest opinion, I think it's about even money right now on whether or not we ever see another all touch from BlackBerry. I hope I'm wrong and that the odds are actually much better than that.

Z10
    07-04-14 09:09 PM
    I don't define fail..blackberry does. And if whatever happens with the Passport and Classic meets that criteria then it's a fail. I agree with you completely about the Classic. In my honest opinion, I think it's about even money right now on whether or not we ever see another all touch from BlackBerry. I hope I'm wrong and that the odds are actually much better than that.

Z10
    We'll definitely see another all-touch, because an LTE Z3 should be here before year's end.

We'll probably see the next premium all-touch released in about a year.

07-04-14 09:51 PM
    I guess I'm in the minority so far. I'll likely be trading in my z30 for the passport. . I'm looking forward to returning to a physical keyboard and having the large high quality screen (and updated specs).

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30)
    07-04-14 10:23 PM
    As much as you might like to think this, BlackBerry has millions of other customers who say otherwise.

They didn't design the Classic out of nostalgia, they did it because many corporate and institutional customers asked them to build it.

And the former CEO's strategy nearly ran them into the ground.

Corporate, you say? Sorry I've seen many corporate IT guys changing the policy of corporate phone and drop of the old and cripple BlackBerries and buy the more trendy I phones...why ? because they reply to the business dept which want it, it's more reliable, have apps, it's a gadget...."The gadget". And except many of important global companies which knows very well what means security the others don't mind of it. ...
    SO BlackBerry must give to their fans a phone which can do all tasks: to be also a business tool but can be also a menace for the rest of "toys".

Proudly Z10 owner
    07-07-14 11:18 AM
    Love my Z30. But buying the Passport and a nice professional flip case (diary style).

I am 1 of only 2 IT Managers (well, actually all of IT) that still use a Blackberry. The new CIO uses iPhone. Most IT guys are on 5" Androids.

Passport will say true professional. I have a lot of meetings with both IT and Business customers (biz folks are very high iPhone %) and I will lay this beautiful beast out for all eyes to feast on every chance I get.

It will be October before it ships, and I will have to pay full retail having upgraded to Z30 in February.
    niceup likes this.
    08-13-14 06:56 PM
81 1234