I am sure that this has been kicked around already, but I wanted to hear some more opinions....

First of all... I am a phone-addict... I have had virtually every phone out there at some point. I love them all for one reason or another.. I am not looking for a spec sheet comparison just how BB users feel about the two best BB's on the market now (add the classic if you chose)..

I had a Passport at launch and l sent it back after a few days. It just seemed too weird for me, went back to my Z30.... Had the Q10 for a little while and returned it and went back to the Z30, Ordered the Classic and kept it two or three days and sent it back and returned to the Z30.... See where I am going with this????

Now I am considering the Leap... but as a mid tier phone, I expect to be be back on the Z30 in a few days.... But the more that I read about the capabilities of the Passport and how happy most people are thrilled with it, I am thinking of skipping the Leap and going back and trying the Passport again..

I have a coupon that will give me the Red Passport for $499 which is great so now will be the time.. or should I just relax and keep my Z30?... I don't do anything too heavy on the phone, calls,texts,email a little Social Media... so I am sure the Leap or the Passport would be fine for me... Should I spend the extra money on the Passport or get the Leap or just stand pat?

I guess i want to read the praises or bitches of both phones.. I do not expect you guys to make up my confused mind...
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    03-17-15 03:17 PM
    I got z30 because I didn't have enough to get passport
    I want the red passport
    I would get passport if I had the extra money
    Since you sent it back I wouldn't get another passport I would wait

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    03-17-15 03:25 PM
    I have both of these phones. I use my Passport as my daily driver. The Z30 is my backup phone. I miss one thing about my Z30. and that is the screen sharing of the widescreen aspect ratio to my TV using miracast or even an hdmi cable. I don't do this often but it is a nice feature to have. I wish there was an option in the screen sharing to share as widescreen instead of a square, but that is a feature request most likely low on the priority list. Good luck with your choice. The Passport has the Z30 beat on performance and battery life. Keyboard shortcuts are awesome and the wide screen Is pretty sweet.
    03-17-15 03:25 PM
    I got z30 because I didn't have enough to get passport
    I want the red passport
    I would get passport if I had the extra money
    Since you sent it back I wouldn't get another passport I would wait

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    Do you think that the Passport will come down in price soon? $ 400 for the Red is good

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 03:33 PM
    Sorry $499

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 03:33 PM
    My next BlackBerry is passport but by that time a new BlackBerry will be out
    I'll wait
    It's good to be back on blackberry

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    03-17-15 03:36 PM
    How did u get a coupon

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    03-17-15 03:37 PM
    On Crackers forum and I tried it and it worked

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 03:40 PM
    03-17-15 05:27 PM
    I have the Z30 and the Passport
    The Z30 is a great phone it takes great pictures and the keyboard I think is easier if your typing long conversations as the passport I have to adjust if typing a while. Don't get me wrong they are both great phones but because to the passport design it seems a bit harder to type. Battery life seems to be better on the Z30 as well as the screen when watching videos or YouTube. The waller case for the passport is a drawback it tends to be awkward when taking pictures and is awkward to carry but then again I don't have the belt clip or pouch. The z30 is the easier one to carry but again I have both and I seem to be switching back and forth and I can't decide which one I want as my daily drive because they are both excellent and you won't be disappointed in either one you decide to go with .I personally switch every few days because I can't decide which one is better. Battery on both are amazing and will last 24. It doesn't really depend on what you want because you will want both. Passport advantage is its a 32GB device over the Z30. 16Gb Happy deciding.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    03-17-15 07:06 PM
    As I'm reading this, it sounds like something I do. Haven't used the Passport because I'm on Verizon. But for some reason after all the phones I use, I migrate back to my Z30. Great all around phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 07:50 PM
    I been on android for a while
    I left nexus 6 for z30
    I'm so happy
    I have everything in a phone

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    03-17-15 10:54 PM
    I have both. Love both. Have learned to love the Passport more. I plan to get the slider device when it comes out too.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 11:23 PM
    I have both as well and both are phenomenal devices. If you like full touch the Z30 is all you need. If you want full innovation and a mind blowing reading experience then Passport. Again both are great. The latest OS is blazingly fast and smooth on both.

Z30-simply the best touch BlackBerry 10.3.1.1767
    justmeandthedog likes this.
    03-17-15 11:58 PM
    Y'know mate, I've been in the same plunder for the past 6 months, while I've made so much effort into convincing others to buying the Passport I also praised how great my Z30 is. But I have seen so many people here in Toronto using the Passport with little to no hassle, I have seen women with really small hands using it too; I questioned this because I am not a big person either. The more I see how people use the PP I feel a bit more interested or intrigued towards trading in my Z30 at Telus and taking this deal where I'd get it for free as a loyal customer. My only gripe is that my contract will change.. somehow the Passport is a more "high-high-high end" phone than that of the Z30. I don't understand that justification but okay..

Here's the thing mate, I feel so comfortable with my Z30 after 14 months with it, yes it sure took a while getting to make it feel right every day. I keep wanting to push the envelop and upgrade, but I ask myself, what can't my Z30 do that another new BlackBerry can do? Honestly, nothing really. I try hard not to convince myself that for the sake of being part of BlackBerry and feeling good about supporting their cause, I am happy/satisfied with a phone that rings, that allows me to text-keep in contact with family long distance, allows me to play Sonic the Hedgehog games... allows me to BBM. I still manage to take wonderfully great photo's too, not the best but good enough.

I think you and I use our Z30 in the same manner to some degree, I don't play games "heavily" or use e-mail since I prefer to come home and check things when I get the time. Unless I'm at a Tim Horton's or somewhere that has a wireless hot-spot, I'll check my mail. But yeah, I think for the most part, I'm going to skip the BlackBerry "Leap" and wait for the 3rd device due out later this year which should tail-end the higher devices spectrum for BlackBerry. Even then, if that phone is suppose to be an upgrade or a new line to the Z series and I don't fancy it, I'll keep what I have. It's honestly been a long time since I have kept a phone around long enough just because it does what I need it to do.

Put it this way, there was a time when BlackBerry was the only thing that people had, many people likely just kept what they had because it got the job done for whatever it was needed. I say this... stick to the Z30 until you are sure of yourself that "a new phone"... BlackBerry or not.. but if it's BlackBerry.. wait until you feel that replacing what you have is reason enough to move forward with something that will increase your productivity in whatever form you do
    03-17-15 11:58 PM
    If costs are a concern go with the Z30.

Z30-simply the best touch BlackBerry 10.3.1.1784
    03-18-15 12:00 AM
    Y'know mate, I've been in the same plunder for the past 6 months, while I've made so much effort into convincing others to buying the Passport I also praised how great my Z30 is. But I have seen so many people here in Toronto using the Passport with little to no hassle, I have seen women with really small hands using it too; I questioned this because I am not a big person either. The more I see how people use the PP I feel a bit more interested or intrigued towards trading in my Z30 at Telus and taking this deal where I'd get it for free as a loyal customer. My only gripe is that my contract will change.. somehow the Passport is a more "high-high-high end" phone than that of the Z30. I don't understand that justification but okay..

Here's the thing mate, I feel so comfortable with my Z30 after 14 months with it, yes it sure took a while getting to make it feel right every day. I keep wanting to push the envelop and upgrade, but I ask myself, what can't my Z30 do that another new BlackBerry can do? Honestly, nothing really. I try hard not to convince myself that for the sake of being part of BlackBerry and feeling good about supporting their cause, I am happy/satisfied with a phone that rings, that allows me to text-keep in contact with family long distance, allows me to play Sonic the Hedgehog games... allows me to BBM. I still manage to take wonderfully great photo's too, not the best but good enough.

I think you and I use our Z30 in the same manner to some degree, I don't play games "heavily" or use e-mail since I prefer to come home and check things when I get the time. Unless I'm at a Tim Horton's or somewhere that has a wireless hot-spot, I'll check my mail. But yeah, I think for the most part, I'm going to skip the BlackBerry "Leap" and wait for the 3rd device due out later this year which should tail-end the higher devices spectrum for BlackBerry. Even then, if that phone is suppose to be an upgrade or a new line to the Z series and I don't fancy it, I'll keep what I have. It's honestly been a long time since I have kept a phone around long enough just because it does what I need it to do.

Put it this way, there was a time when BlackBerry was the only thing that people had, many people likely just kept what they had because it got the job done for whatever it was needed. I say this... stick to the Z30 until you are sure of yourself that "a new phone"... BlackBerry or not.. but if it's BlackBerry.. wait until you feel that replacing what you have is reason enough to move forward with something that will increase your productivity in whatever form you do

Great thoughtful post. I agree with almost every word. I do have to admit that I like being one of the only people with a Blackberry here in Boston. When I see a person rocking a Passport, I always try to stop them and chat. They all seem to like it. The people that are still on Blackberry seem to be a little older and more established (IE: Doctors, Lawyers etc). That is strictly a anecdotal opinion on my part.

I do love getting a new phone, but I think the Z30 will stick around for awhile. unless I see a deal that I can just not pass up.. LOL
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    03-18-15 08:22 AM
    I've went from z30 to classic to passport. Thinking of going back to z30 prefer the full touch

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    03-18-15 09:14 AM
    I've went from z30 to classic to passport. Thinking of going back to z30 prefer the full touch

It takes all kinds, proving, again, that BB needs to cater to all kinds of users. Physical Keyboard folks and all Touch folks and all touch folks deserve more than a medium calibre device.
    03-18-15 12:08 PM

I was a huge fan of the physical keyboard, but after getting so good with flicking the Z30 the classic seemed slow
    03-18-15 01:02 PM
    Both! Lol
    I have my Passport but I've always wanted the Z30 and when it came up for sale for $250, I couldn't resist.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 04:26 PM
    personally i am still having difficulty deciding on either Z30 or Passport. I am sure i would like the Passport just that i am not sold on the size if its too big or bulky? Wonder if it is a pain to carry around? I am sure i will like the Z30 except for the fact that it has been out for a while now. My use would be mainly for email, text social media, music. Not a gamer. Decisions! Decisions!! UGH.
    03-19-15 04:19 PM
    I too have both Passport and Z30 had them for a while and I still can't decide what I like better, but one thing is its easier to carry the Z30 on a belt clip and the Passport hasn't been that bad in a winter coat pocket, haven't seen a Passport belt clip yet but summer is here (just about -Canada) and I guess you have to carry it. But still 2 great phones it's not what's better. They're both great it's what's easier to carry in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 04:30 PM
    but one thing is its easier to carry the Z30 on a belt clip and the Passport hasn't been that bad in a winter coat pocket,
    that is what i am thinking as well...
    03-19-15 04:55 PM