Those of you that have experienced the Z30 "natural sound" know how outstanding results are through BBM voice and BBM video.

It really does sound like the person is right next to you. There was already great results with the Playbook, but to take it to such a small form factor as the Z30 is is very impressive to say the least.

Since owning my Z30, I have come to enjoy this particular feature whenever making a BBM call or video. That also meant the other party needed to have a BBRY phone, which they did. What they did not have was a Z30. Only today did I receive a phone call (over cell network) from a friend who only recently acquired a Z30. Upon answering, I caught myself thinking, oh, this is a bbm voice call, and I immediately recognized the quality that came with it, except it wasn't. It was a plain old phone call over Windmobile network (which is not top necessarily top tier) I was able to tell because I saw the phone number of my friend, which you would not see whenever receiving a BBM call.

What that means is that to fully unleash the quality that the Z30 can provide, both parties need to have the Z30.
    When you do, truly, it is astounding, beyond belief (knowing you are on a cellular network, that is)

I encourage some of you to give it a try if you can, and feel free to chime in if you had a similar experience.

Cheers,
    sharma6 likes this.
    04-01-14 06:10 PM
    I agree the call quality is awesome, but it may be a factor of HD calls? My son's S4 and my Z30 also give exceptional sound when on HD calls.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 06:52 PM
    Those of you that have experienced the Z30 "natural sound" know how outstanding results are through BBM voice and BBM video.

What that means is that to fully unleash the quality that the Z30 can provide, both parties need to have the Z30.
    When you do, truly, it is astounding, beyond belief (knowing you are on a cellular network, that is)

I encourage some of you to give it a try if you can, and feel free to chime in if you had a similar experience.

Cheers,
    Agreed 100%. My friend absolutely could not believe how well everything sounded. Makes you think you are in the other person s room

Posted via CB10
    jfguay2 likes this.
    04-01-14 06:58 PM
    I agree the call quality is awesome, but it may be a factor of HD calls? My son's S4 and my Z30 also give exceptional sound when on HD calls.

Posted via CB10
    Could very well be as I did notice that it was showing during the call. I suspect that the phone may be using both natural sounds and HD sound abilities during such calls over cellular network.

Sent using my ? Z30
    04-01-14 07:12 PM
    Yeah when ever another phone other than blackberry has HD calling, the call quality is really great as well not just z30 to z30. Give it a try. My friend has an android phone (not sure which one) and it has HD sound, and the call sounds just as good.

From Z10 to Z30
    bizzarothor likes this.
    04-01-14 07:59 PM
    Yeah when ever another phone other than blackberry has HD calling, the call quality is really great as well not just z30 to z30. Give it a try. My friend has an android phone (not sure which one) and it has HD sound, and the call sounds just as good.

From Z10 to Z30
    So this would mean that you need two phone with HD capabilities to optimize the usage of the z30... interesting

Sent using my ? Z30
    04-01-14 08:20 PM
    I think the call quality on BBM Voice is absolutely amazing. I use a Z30 & my wife a Z10, and it's the best voice quality I've ever heard on any device...ever.

I was in London this week & called her over the mobile network (I think I was connected to Vodafone UK, but not sure), and noticed a HD symbol appear. The quality of that particular call was very good, but not as nice as BBM Voice.

It does seem like HD calling is going to be great when we can get it. And nothing beats BBM Voice, imo.

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.
    04-03-14 04:05 PM
    I gave my z30 to my wife and got her to call me from it, the call was super clear when I was on a note 3, switched it up and got her to call from note 3 to z30 and it was not as good. I suspect the ppl on the receiving end get the true benefits when someone is using a z30.

Posted via CB10
    bizzarothor likes this.
    04-03-14 04:18 PM