Hey guys. In the last month 2 weeks ive had the q5, the z10 (which im returning today) and the z30 which is scheduled to arrive today. Now I have a tablet and root etc all that, but am not sure about bb. Now to get android apps to run on the z30, do I need to install 10.2. 424 or 242 forgot which one my z10 had...and how do I do it? Uno debug token etc...

I just want to run android apps on my z30.

in terms of returning the z10, I just couldnt deal with the battery life, 45 minutes train journey one way, listening to music NOT STREAMING, batterys gone on the way back by the time im at my destination....

q5 I had an issue with the keys.

please advise! And im new here lol!
    11-02-13 05:02 AM
    Z30 with the largest battery on BB is highly recommended!
    If you fancy any android app running on BB10, just sideload the unlocked android runtime and the converted bar files.
    11-02-13 06:26 AM
    That simple REALLY????? IT JUST CAME JUST about to turn it on ))))) ill try get it from bb world
    11-02-13 12:20 PM
    The unlocked run time you will use to get from the forums here, not BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 12:45 PM
    oh i see, i saw something about something on blackberry world and android, im running the latest official firmware for the z30, just turned it on, seems amazing
    11-02-13 12:52 PM
    oh i see, i saw something about something on blackberry world and android, im running the latest official firmware for the z30, just turned it on, seems amazing
    it is amazing
    11-02-13 12:54 PM
    can you advise me regarding link please? im restoring my settings from link and it seems to do it and just says waiting for device to restart, bar is full and changed to solid no strips and nothing was happening, so i restarted the device myself link still says it, uno device is restoring don't disconncet device even though the phone is asking me for account information, twitter etc? link is so annoying had problems on all the blackberrys, please advise... should i disconnect?

--------------

sorry also regarding sideloading unlocked run time, is this thing in the blackberry world that they have added not going to allow me to run android apps? also i am running software 10.2.0.224 straight out of the box... no update available
    Last edited by Blue Hef; 11-02-13 at 01:11 PM. Reason: had another question
    11-02-13 01:07 PM
    anyone? ....
    11-02-13 02:51 PM
    can you advise me regarding link please? im restoring my settings from link and it seems to do it and just says waiting for device to restart, bar is full and changed to solid no strips and nothing was happening, so i restarted the device myself link still says it, uno device is restoring don't disconncet device even though the phone is asking me for account information, twitter etc? link is so annoying had problems on all the blackberrys, please advise... should i disconnect?

--------------

sorry also regarding sideloading unlocked run time, is this thing in the blackberry world that they have added not going to allow me to run android apps? also i am running software 10.2.0.224 straight out of the box... no update available
    Hi, congrats on getting your new Z30. You will not be disappointed. As to restoring, just give it time which it does take a bit.Go get yourself a bevie or something and come back and it should be done. Patience is required with BBLink....always.

As to the Android you need to sideload your favourite bar files that are not available in BBWorld. You can also sideload this 10.2 Unlocked Android runtime. You can find out more here http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...untime-842651/

Personally I'm running the OS Leak 10.2.0.1791 which is close if not the same as what was just release as 10.2 Look through the forums and you'll learn more about sideloading and OS Leaks. I use a Chrome addon to sideload my few fav bar files. Works perfectly.
    Blue Hef likes this.
    11-02-13 03:44 PM
    hello, you wont believe it but between my previous to messages i went out to eat in a restaurant and left phone restoring LOL and the backup was only for the settings which was 19MB, honestly link is so annoying, im just going to copy over the numbers manually from the old to the new blackberry *sigh*... thank you for your help anyway... link always fails for me, i always have driver errors, connection errors, tried the q5, z10/30 honestly...
    11-02-13 03:57 PM
    hello, you wont believe it but between my previous to messages i went out to eat in a restaurant and left phone restoring LOL and the backup was only for the settings which was 19MB, honestly link is so annoying, im just going to copy over the numbers manually from the old to the new blackberry *sigh*... thank you for your help anyway... link always fails for me, i always have driver errors, connection errors, tried the q5, z10/30 honestly...
    Maybe uninstall then reinstall Link. When you do your first sync after, put your phone in Airplane mode and see if that works. I tend to not use WiFi when doing my sync. Also, I have seen it say that I have had connection errors too but I have learned to ignore as it still is working. Weird true...just need to be patient with the quirks. The app has come a long way from it's first launch but still needs some work. I'm on Win7 BTW. Hope you had a great meal at the restaurant.
    Blue Hef likes this.
    11-02-13 05:45 PM
    Haha thanks, ive been just using a bit of bluetooth and phone already lost a 3rd battery hmmm, anyway time to try and sideload some apps... can I do this on the stock firmware or do I require a leak?

--

Also... y can I not uninstal Facebook lol?
    11-02-13 08:12 PM
    The battery will improve leaps and bounds after a couple of recharges. Enjoy.
    11-02-13 08:59 PM
    oh i see, it died while i was sleeping and it was on half which was honestly insanely bad LOL, i returned it and got another one as it seemed faulty...
    11-03-13 04:21 AM