You heard Heins saying Research In Motion is content to be in fourth place. Mediocre not innovative. The entire future of the BlackBerry brand and of the company is riding on BlackBerry 10. Will they fumble the ball in the final moments of the game or score the game-winning touchdown after out manoeuvring the opposing team?
    Heins never said that. He said they believe they can be #3 for a short-term goal (which they already are at, currently). Beating Windows 8, which is the other new OS fighting for the same spot, is a solid goal and is attainable - they are both fighting for the same spot. That doesn't mean they are aiming for mediocrity. In fact, from all they are putting in to BB10 and all the changes they've made for developer support, I think it's quite clear they are aiming for the top. If they tell the media they are aiming to take out Apple, no one will take them seriously. So they set a reasonable goal publicly that can be attained soon. Even if BB10 is the best thing ever and everyone knows it, it would still be a while before they could take on #1 or #2, for various reasons.
    10-02-12 08:08 PM
    Yes that's true it will be faster than the original dual core s4, but it remains to be seen if its faster than the quad core exynos found in the int s3 and gn2. Gpu wise I'm sure its between the a6 gpu and the quad exynos.

Check out this video from the int s3:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro (APQ8064) MDP benchmarks blow away the competition (update: video) -- Engadget

shows both the S4 pro Quad and the SGS3 quad and dual core benchmarks, in some areas the dual core is faster, in others it doesn't even come close but the S4 quad beats the SGS3 in all catagories
    10-02-12 09:22 PM
    I would liike to give a reality slap to everyone and remind you that BB Aristo might just MIGHT be Porsche Design phone that will come at price of 2000ish dolllaaa. So keep this in mind before you all get super excited because you might end up being super disapointed when you realize this costs little more than you are willing to spend.
    Sorry friend, your idea make ZERO sense. Like RIM is going to screw its fan base out of what they want and over price it so only the wealthy could afford it. Its OK to pimp existing products but not make new product UN obtainable.
    10-02-12 09:44 PM
    Bad info is bad.. Mmmhmm.. and how.
    10-02-12 10:09 PM
    The Chip being discussed in the Blackberry Aristo is a Qualcomm Krait Quad Core that isn't even available yet and probably won't be for a while.
    Well..... not exactly. Unless you believe 2-3 weeks to be "a while."

http://www.xiaomi.com/mi2
    10-02-12 11:32 PM
    Well..... not exactly. Unless you believe 2-3 weeks to be "a while."

http://www.xiaomi.com/mi2
    also in the LG optimus g and a few other devices, unless they are talkign about the Prime but it mentions nowhere that this is the case
    Roo Zilla likes this.
    10-02-12 11:39 PM
    also in the LG optimus g and a few other devices, unless they are talkign about the Prime but it mentions nowhere that this is the case
    Yes, forgot about the Optimus G. The LG phone should be available for purchase very soon in the US and I believe it's already available in Korea.
    10-03-12 02:55 AM
    Techie geek talk is hawt......

Just sayin'.........

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-03-12 05:55 AM
    Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro (APQ8064) MDP benchmarks blow away the competition (update: video) -- Engadget

shows both the S4 pro Quad and the SGS3 quad and dual core benchmarks, in some areas the dual core is faster, in others it doesn't even come close but the S4 quad beats the SGS3 in all catagories
    Ahh thanks for that. Then yeah it does prove to be a bit better in benchmarks then the quad exynos. Still, both these chips will ancient by early next year.

10-03-12 06:18 AM
    So who is putting out a device early next year with a better chip?
    10-03-12 07:02 AM
    Don't know. Have to wait until mwc and CES to find out.

10-03-12 07:42 AM
    The OMAP4470 is comparing favorably to the Tegra3 in reviews, and from a benchmark perspective I believe is beating the Tegra3 in many areas. Currently though the S4 is the chip to beat, and until the A15 based chips start making their way to the market then the S4 will remain the king of the hill. Apple is going less on the CPU cores, but going hard on multi-core GPUs. Right now everyone is having a hard time getting these next gen 28nm processors/SoCs to market due to manufacturing difficulties/issues. The S4 and the Exynos 5 are using 32nm while the OMAP5 is going with 28nm designs. If I had to guess I would say that RIM was planning on going with OMAP5 given that both Playbooks and both Dev Alphas are using OMAP4 and it would be the simplest solution to integrate into existing designs, but the TI delays and now TI wishy washy comments on their being in the mobile space in the future pushed them to look at other alternatives. I'd personally love to see the OMAP5 because based on my readings and looking over the architecture I think it is the superior A15 chip design coming to market, it is just a shame though that TI's commitment to the mobile space is shaky now at best.
    10-03-12 09:41 AM
    I would liike to give a reality slap to everyone and remind you that BB Aristo might just MIGHT be Porsche Design phone that will come at price of 2000ish dolllaaa. So keep this in mind before you all get super excited because you might end up being super disapointed when you realize this costs little more than you are willing to spend.
    Or.... The Aristo could be nothing more than the phone that RIM is planning on using to mount their comeback in the US. Didn't we already hear that they were launching in other markets first with the L and N series? If they they are launching in the US last, it would make sense for them to use this higher spec'd phone for the market that demands higher spec'd phones.
    10-03-12 09:46 AM
    Well apple should be dead, I don't see a quad core iPhone any time soon. But alas fans will still wait in lines for hours or days for them.
    I dont like Apple but even I know that the software is so damn smooth that quad core isn't needed
    10-03-12 09:49 AM
    Or.... The Aristo could be nothing more than the phone that RIM is planning on using to mount their comeback in the US. Didn't we already hear that they were launching in other markets first with the L and N series? If they they are launching in the US last, it would make sense for them to use this higher spec'd phone for the market that demands higher spec'd phones.
    L is going to be launched all over the world around same time. N series will follow closely. Hopefully Aristo is in fact high end BB at normal price (not Porsche price)! If it is then RIM is playing kind of a game that Nokia played with 900-910, kind of like 'if u were not convinced with first one you will be convinced with this one'. Kinda lagre screen for my personal likings but rest of the spects do sound amazing. Time will tell I guess.
    10-03-12 10:01 AM
    L is going to be launched all over the world around same time. N series will follow closely. Hopefully Aristo is in fact high end BB at normal price (not Porsche price)! If it is then RIM is playing kind of a game that Nokia played with 900-910, kind of like 'if u were not convinced with first one you will be convinced with this one'. Kinda lagre screen for my personal likings but rest of the spects do sound amazing. Time will tell I guess.
    This device has pantlesspenguin written all over it. The hard thing for me now will be passing on the L series for this one! I hope, too, that it'll be a regular high end price ($549-649) and not "luxury" price.
    10-03-12 10:10 AM
    The S4 and the Exynos 5 are using 32nm while the OMAP5 is going with 28nm designs.
    S4 is currently 28nm.
    10-03-12 10:22 AM
    I dont like Apple but even I know that the software is so damn smooth that quad core isn't needed
    This - my superjuiced S3 is as smooth and fast as the iPhone 5, considering the specs it should blow it out of the water. Heck my iPhone 4 on OS6 doesn't lag at all and its a 2 year old phone with a third of the RAM of my G3.

I got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk
    10-03-12 10:45 AM
    This - my superjuiced S3 is as smooth and fast as the iPhone 5, considering the specs it should blow it out of the water. Heck my iPhone 4 on OS6 doesn't lag at all and its a 2 year old phone with a third of the RAM of my G3.

I got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk
    Once you hit a certain point it can only be so fast. Current GUI speed can only be about 60fps/60hz, so their all going to look about the same if the cpu/gpu are optimized correctly by the manufacturer. Which apple and Samsung both do a great job of.

reeneebob likes this.
    10-03-12 11:42 AM
    S4 is currently 28nm.
    You are correct. My bad. Exynos 5 will be the 32nm design.
    10-03-12 01:25 PM
    its not just common sense because you're more then likely wrong, this is a RIM designed device not a sub company building it on an already designed RIM Structure
    Incorrect. Porsche Design designed the phone for RIM. It's actually a bit strange to explain but essentially a sub company DID do the design for this phone based on the already designed 9900 Bold. Yes I was invited to the Porsche Design store opening and attended

Dr. Juergen Gessler was available for comment. Pretty neat that he flew all the way from Germany to come to the store opening.
    10-04-12 09:15 AM
    Kinda like the use of single-cores in the current BlackBerry devices, yes?
    10-04-12 10:42 AM
    Incorrect. Porsche Design designed the phone for RIM. It's actually a bit strange to explain but essentially a sub company DID do the design for this phone based on the already designed 9900 Bold. Yes I was invited to the Porsche Design store opening and attended

Dr. Juergen Gessler was available for comment. Pretty neat that he flew all the way from Germany to come to the store opening.
    i never said they didn't design it for RIM or that RIM isn't the one selling it, i said it was a sub company that built the idea
    10-04-12 11:04 AM
    But the note 2 has all if that. With a bigger battery at 3100mah and just as much ram. Which btw is being released NOW not mid 2013. Plus a rumored slew of nexus phones, the lumia 920, & the HOX+ all coming out this year.

lumia 920 is a Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon Dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait.. not quad core..

and running windows 8.. which is ugly as FAWK.. it's almost as boring as the iOS ui!
    10-04-12 03:28 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD