I would liike to give a reality slap to everyone and remind you that BB Aristo might just MIGHT be Porsche Design phone that will come at price of 2000ish dolllaaa. So keep this in mind before you all get super excited because you might end up being super disapointed when you realize this costs little more than you are willing to spend.
    10-02-12 09:22 AM
    where did you get this info from pimp juice?
    Rello likes this.
    10-02-12 09:23 AM
    Common sense pimp juice.
    10-02-12 09:29 AM
    Why?

By the time of release, the specs will match what the competition is offering.

It's called staying competitive.
    goku_vegeta likes this.
    10-02-12 09:35 AM
    And how was P'9981 different from 99X0? Higher MP camera, bigger and non-removable battery and 1500 dollars on top. And RIM considered it a high end device. Heins said the high end device is in plan for mid 2013. All the hints are lining up...don't get too excited is all I'm saying.
    10-02-12 09:39 AM
    Only difference in the camera is the 9981 had auto-focus, both were 5MP...same battery, which means it was removeable.

So I'm not sure where you got your facts, but they're wrong.
    10-02-12 09:48 AM
    No, RIM (and pretty much anyone else) considers the 9981 to be a designer device that happens to be built on the company's flagship phone. The whole point of BB10 is for RIM to regain a competitive position, which they surely could not do with another exclusive niche model. Common sense would suggest that the A series is going to have to be competitively priced against other manufacturers' top-end offerings.
    10-02-12 09:50 AM
    Aristo specs won't compare to the Galaxy S4, which should launch late spring/early summer. The Aristo is competitive NOW, not a year from now.
    10-02-12 09:58 AM
    Only difference in the camera is the 9981 had auto-focus, both were 5MP...same battery, which means it was removeable.

My bad, I was sure that it was 8MP with auto focus and bigger battery
    10-02-12 09:59 AM
    Aristo specs won't compare to the Galaxy S4, which should launch late spring/early summer. The Aristo is competitive NOW, not a year from now.
    How? The S3 doesn't have a quad-core in NA because of LTE.

So the S4 probably will have a LTE quad-core chip.
    10-02-12 10:00 AM

But the note 2 has all if that. With a bigger battery at 3100mah and just as much ram. Which btw is being released NOW not mid 2013. Plus a rumored slew of nexus phones, the lumia 920, & the HOX+ all coming out this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Ynomrah; 10-02-12 at 10:16 AM.
    10-02-12 10:13 AM
    where did you get this info from pimp juice?
    Ha ha.....pimp juice....haven't heard that in awhile. +1
    10-02-12 10:21 AM

The p9981 had the same camera as the 9900/30.
    10-02-12 10:21 AM
    Well apple should be dead, I don't see a quad core iPhone any time soon. But alas fans will still wait in lines for hours or days for them.
    10-02-12 10:22 AM
    But the note 2 has all if that. With a bigger battery at 3100mah and just as much ram. Which btw is being released NOW not mid 2013. Plus a rumored slew of nexus phones, the lumia 920, & the HOX+ all coming out this year.

The Note II and the OneX+ will be the only quad-core LTE on the market. To me, that doesn't make the Astro dated. When the Astro releases, it won't be a super-amazing-never before seen phone, but it will be an impressive phone.

I don't even see the X+ selling well, I can see the Note II doing well.

Overall, by the end of 2013, quad-cores will be the "norm" for whatever reason, as no phone needs them. It's all a marketing act.
    10-02-12 10:23 AM

the S4 wi likely launch with a Quadcore cortex A15 which in soem ways will dust the S4 krait quadcore. when and if v3 krait comes out it should be closer to an A15 but as far as i'm reading right now benchmark tests show slightly slower then the A15. by the time folks think the aristo is supposed to be released i'm sure qualcomm will have an S5 chip that chould be used and be updated from krait
    10-02-12 10:23 AM
    Common sense pimp juice.
    its not just common sense because you're more then likely wrong, this is a RIM designed device not a sub company building it on an already designed RIM Structure
    10-02-12 10:26 AM

I agree that the Note2 has all of this but it's a different category than what this supposed device will be. We are talking about a 5.5" screen compared to a 4.65" screen. For many the Note is too big. I think this leaked device will be fine when its released. Maybe not the HIGHEST spec'd phone at its release but I have no doubt it'll be more than competitive still. No phone out now in the 4.5 to 4.8" screen range even has a processor close to matching what that quad core processor brings to the table. The LG Optimus G is coming soon but they aren't known for good software so i don't really consider them
    Last edited by Rello; 10-02-12 at 10:29 AM.
    10-02-12 10:26 AM
    The Aristo is competitive NOW, not a year from now.
    You heard Heins saying Research In Motion is content to be in fourth place. Mediocre not innovative. The entire future of the BlackBerry brand and of the company is riding on BlackBerry 10. Will they fumble the ball in the final moments of the game or score the game-winning touchdown after out manoeuvring the opposing team?
    10-02-12 10:36 AM
    I agree that the Note2 has all of this but it's a different category than what this supposed device will be. We are talking about a 5.5" screen compared to a 4.65" screen. For many the Note is too big. I think this leaked device will be fine when its released. Maybe not the HIGHEST spec'd phone at its release but I have no doubt it'll be more than competitive still. No phone out now in the 4.5 to 4.8" screen range even has a processor close to matching what that quad core processor brings to the table. The LG Optimus G is coming soon but they aren't known for good software so i don't really consider them
    Yeah they are both different categories of devices, but that is no reason not to compare them from one another especially considering the note 2 will likely be a much bigger seller than the aristo. They still are both smartphones and its fair to compare them. That said though, I agree this device will still be placed adequately even if it hits market anytime next year, it just won't be as ground breaking as it would be if released today alongside similar speced competitors. Still it will absolutely be future proof and a nice device that will make anyone happy for 2 years. Only real problem is the supposed time frame for release, being that a15 will be all the rave once this probably sees daylight and will be considered a bit behind the curve. Its hard to realize sometimes, but this is truly how fast mobile tech is advancing.

10-02-12 11:09 AM

Note2 and HTC One X+ are Tegra3 Quad Core. This means they are using Arm A9 based cores. The Chip being discussed in the Blackberry Aristo is a Qualcomm Krait Quad Core that isn't even available yet and probably won't be for a while. Quad Core A9's are being compared to dual core Krait's now, so a quad Core Krait will smoke the quad core Tegra3 in the OneX+ and Note2, and will use less juice doing it too. Not all cores are created equal, and the phones you mentioned are using older tech cores than the newest processors from Qualcomm, and eventually TI with the OMAP5.
    10-02-12 01:28 PM
    Note2 and HTC One X+ are Tegra3 Quad Core. This means they are using Arm A9 based cores. The Chip being discussed in the Blackberry Aristo is a Qualcomm Krait Quad Core that isn't even available yet and probably won't be for a while. Quad Core A9's are being compared to dual core Krait's now, so a quad Core Krait will smoke the quad core Tegra3 in the OneX+ and Note2, and will use less juice doing it too. Not all cores are created equal, and the phones you mentioned are using older tech cores than the newest processors from Qualcomm, and eventually TI with the OMAP5.
    Note 2 is not tegra 3. It runs an overclocked version of the quad core exynos found in the international galaxy s3. A soc which is faster than the dual core krait according to some benchmarks. The imbedded mali gpu is also much better in the exynos than the adrenno in the krait. Also I'm pretty sure the the quad krait will find itself in a few phones one namely being the optimus g from lg. We would have to wait for the quad krait to come out though to see which is faster. It still remains though that we are comparing a phone that may be out more than 6 months from now to ones that are being released now & that by time it is released a15 devices might be around.

Last edited by Ynomrah; 10-02-12 at 02:03 PM.
    10-02-12 01:57 PM
    Note 2 is not tegra 3. It runs an overclocked version of the quad core exynos found in the international galaxy s3. A soc which is faster than the dual core krait according to some benchmarks. The imbedded mali gpu is also much better in the exynos than the adrenno in the krait. Also I'm pretty sure the the quad krait will find itself in a few phones one namely being the optimus g from lg. We would have to wait for the quad krait to come out though to see which is faster. It still remains though that we are comparing a phone that may be out more than 6 months from now to ones that are being released now & that by time it is released a15 devices might be around.

The S4 Pro is supposed to be faster than the S4's in the GSIII or HTC One X from my understanding.

Also a better GPU, so the L series excluding London will have top of the line specs from current rumors.

So even then, I think the Aristo will be the phone of the tech nerds. The ones that like the big screen, and top of the line specs.
    10-02-12 02:17 PM
    The S4 Pro is supposed to be faster than the S4's in the GSIII or HTC One X from my understanding.

Also a better GPU, so the L series excluding London will have top of the line specs from current rumors.

So even then, I think the Aristo will be the phone of the tech nerds. The ones that like the big screen, and top of the line specs.
    Yes that's true it will be faster than the original dual core s4, but it remains to be seen if its faster than the quad core exynos found in the int s3 and gn2. Gpu wise I'm sure its between the a6 gpu and the quad exynos.

Check out this video from the int s3:

10-02-12 02:31 PM
    I sure hope you are right that it is not a mainstream product, as it has an OLED display and I will refuse to buy this product for this reason if it is released.
    10-02-12 04:49 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD