After going hands on with the new Z30, I'm mostly impressed with everything they've done.

The larger battery is awesome and I don't even mind that it's not user replicable. The speakers are fantastic and I'm glad that we once again have PlayBook type audio levels in a mobile device. The screen resolution is simply not an issue for me - it's high enough and apart from the tiniest text, I'm not seeing much of a difference. The size is fantastic in my opinion, the performance enhancements are great etc etc etc.

The one thing that's a bit of a disappointment for me is the screen brightness.

I have the unit all the way up, but I just wish I could crank it up a notch or two more. Especially when side by side with my Z10, it's notably dim. Compared to an S4, it's a little dim.

Such a nice device - I just wish it had a tiny bit more 'pop' in terms of brightness.

I'm curious to know if anyone else feels the same way?

I do plan on continuing to use the Z30, but I find myself slightly torn between the crisp, bright screen of the Z10 and the dimmer but larger screen of the Z30. It's a choice I wish I didn't have to make.
    09-19-13 12:28 AM
    I've always found brightness to be a device issue in and of itself. I had 4 Z10's at one point, all with varying levels of brightness. I've also seen the same issues on a pair of iPhones as well and same for the Q10's.
    09-19-13 01:00 AM
    Which sounds like a hardware quality issue which has been an Achilles heel for BlackBerry. One needs to know what one is getting.

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm likes this.
    09-19-13 01:03 AM
    Thanks for the input Blaze. So it seems that this varies between devices. Good to know. But I'm still down for a Z30.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    09-19-13 01:09 AM
    Take it into bright light...it gets brighter...

Trusted Member Genius
    09-19-13 03:14 AM
    The "dullness" of the screen kept me from getting any Samsung Galaxy series smartphones. I can't stand a dull screen. The Z10's screen is nice and bright and I only have it at the about 1/3 level. Also, the Z10's screen is more whiter,..which makes for way better contrast of colors and text - IMHO. Samsung's phones have an erie blueish tint to them,...and I hate it with a passion. I hope this gets addressed,...should I consider the upgrade to the Z30.

JMDZ10
    szlevi likes this.
    09-19-13 08:41 AM
    I've had the Z30 is many environments and haven't had any issues with brightness. Plus, only have it set to around 50% to save battery...

OP, seems like the model you played with had issues.
    09-19-13 09:05 AM