I have been trying to follow various threads in anticiapation of Verizon FINALLY providing 10.2.1.xxxx.

I am a novice and need step-by-step directions.

Would appreciate greatly !!

Lee
    03-18-14 12:14 PM
    Sideload snap (market to access Google play store). If you search you will find step by step instructions to side load it.

Or install the other markets without side loading. 1mobilemarket etc. You will find instructions for those as well if you search the forums.

With those installed all you do is search an app and install it, just like BlackBerry world.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 12:19 PM
    I personally use Snap and Amazon the most. I have 1Mobile and Aptiode also installed for good measure

OP you can find instructions all over CB. It's all quite easy I promise!

Posted with a Verizon Z30 running 10.2.1.2228 and CB10. My channel with zero subscribers
    03-18-14 12:22 PM
    I have been trying to follow various threads in anticiapation of Verizon FINALLY providing 10.2.1.xxxx.

I am a novice and need step-by-step directions.

Would appreciate greatly !!

Lee
    Options are:
    1) Snap
    2) Amazon Android Store
    3) 1mobile
    4) Easiest method: Go to play.google.com and find the app you want, copy the URL and paste it here: APK Downloader [Latest] Download Directly | Chrome Extension v2.1.2 (Evozi Official) download directly to you blackberry or just transfer using wifi/dropbox/usb/etc.. run it and enjoy.
    03-18-14 12:27 PM
    Thanks...
    Will give it a go !
    03-18-14 12:35 PM
    Thanks...
    Will give it a go !
    Op try this first, very easy . Go to apk train on your browser and just start downloading. This should be real easy for a novice, if you can't find all the apps you need or some won't work then try the other options.
    03-18-14 12:39 PM
    Congrats on the Z30 and update btw.

You're now holding the most advanced mobile device in the world
    03-18-14 12:40 PM
    Op try this first, very easy . Go to apk train on your browser and just start downloading. This should be real easy for a novice, if you can't find all the apps you need or some won't work then try the other options.
    Do not use APK train. They are all old versions of the apps that may have vulnerabilities, missing patches, or other problems.
    When I checked for most of the apps there, non of them were even close to the latest versions posted on google play store.

Out of all options, safest and most secure source would be Amazon store, although the selection is limited compared to Snap.
    03-18-14 12:46 PM
    Well if your like me you scan your android apps, and as far as I'm concerned all android apps have vulnerabilities, downloader beware.
    but for simple ease APK Train is for the novice.
    03-18-14 01:04 PM
    Well if your like me you scan your android apps, and as far as I'm concerned all android apps have vulnerabilities, downloader beware.
    but for simple ease APK Train is for the novice.
    You really scan every single one of them? It sounds like very counter productive since most apps already have unnecessary permissions built in, so just because the app scanner you use tells you "it's clean" it doesn't make it any safe.

Also APK Train lists outdated versions, so while all apps have vulnerabilities, I sure wouldn't like to use an older version knowing that newer version is available elsewhere.

What we need is an App Ops equivalent for BB10 so that I can stop that game (I paid for) from stealing my contacts or listening in on my calls. I tried APK Permission Remover, it doesn't run on Blackberry, so I would need another android device to do that for me.
    03-18-14 01:25 PM
    I just simply do a google search and install the apk. Snap is the best option tho if you are down with side loading lol
    03-18-14 02:04 PM
    Congrats!

I use Snap and Amazon. In cases where Snap requires Google play integration for your App to work, I grab the Amazon one instead (i.e. Candy Crush)
    03-18-14 02:44 PM