Nothing against the OP or anyone else but when it comes to cases, just look at it logically: They primarily cover the back of the phone, so... it's going to protect the back of the phone in case of a drop. Now, if the maker of the Transform case promotes it as protecting the front glass, then they are wrong. No case will do this. Your best bet to protect the front screen is have a tempered glass screen protector so it can absorb the impact of fall. Now, this isn't a perfect solution but the best currently I would say. Did a quick search for some Z30 tempered glass but since it hasn't been a wildly popular device, there aren't many options out there but there are a few. Good luck to you OP!
    Elite1 and Dave Bourque like this.
    01-13-14 07:08 PM
    I wasn't kidding when I said it was easy. It took me less than 10 minutes total to change mine last week. I didn't even need the plastic spudger just took out the screws, popped the screen off the frame, pushed the tabs to release the ribbon cable. Install is as simple as removal.
    01-13-14 07:45 PM
    Ouch !!! That sucks !!

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 11:10 PM
    Please post pics of your repair when you get your screen replacement!
    01-14-14 01:22 AM
    Negative, there is a clear path to the floor from the table. Nothing around for it to have smacked into.

In addition, the phone was sitting on the table with the case securely fastened. That is the strange thing, the Transform case NEVER comes off.
    You may ask them (transformer case company) if they believe it's a normal behavior ... and maybe, with a very polite wish, join the screen bill ...
    Maybe you may get a more protective case in return (if any).
    Who never tries ...
    01-14-14 03:34 AM
    Z30 fell about 2 feet from my end table to the tile floor and smashed the screen like crazy. And this was WITH a Transform case on! Be careful with your Z30's folks!

Seems it is going to be 200+ to get the screen replaced too.
    Dang, that hurts on both fronts (damaged screen and replacement cost). I feel your pain.
    01-14-14 08:11 AM
    You may ask them (transformer case company) if they believe it's a normal behavior ... and maybe, with a very polite wish, join the screen bill ...
    Maybe you may get a more protective case in return (if any).
    Who never tries ...
    True, true, and the Transform case is a Blackberry OEM product after all.
    01-14-14 09:31 AM
    Z30 fell about 2 feet from my end table to the tile floor and smashed the screen like crazy. And this was WITH a Transform case on! Be careful with your Z30's folks!

Seems it is going to be 200+ to get the screen replaced too.
    yea, every piece of glass has a "weak" point. the fall wasn't lucky!
    01-14-14 11:02 AM
    **UPDATE**

The screen arrived as expected 1 week after purchase. As far as I can tell, it is the OEM part and has the same model number but a newer revision. This can be expected as they will refine the hardware as time goes on. Do not hesitate to buy from this seller.

As for installation: now that I know what i'm doing, I could replace a screen on the Z30 in about 10 minutes. Some things that I learned during the replacement process:

- You will need a tool set with a Torx T5 bit to open the device up. Available at any computer store for about 10 bucks.
    - The screws must be completely removed to allow the screen to slide out of the chassis.
    - The screws will not always want to come out all the way. If this happens, loosen the screw in question as much as you can. Then take a small jewellers screwdriver and gently press the screw against the side of the hole. The continue unscrewing with the torx screwdriver and it will come the rest of the way out.
    - If you don't have a plastic tool to separate the screen from the chassis, a thin plastic card (like a library card) will do the trick.
    - Once the screen is separated from the chassis, slide it up towards the top until the two tabs are cleared from the lip at the bottom.
    - You can then tip the screen up on the side without the ribbon cable.
    - I didn't have to play with the tabs on the ribbon cable, it came out from the connector with a gentle tug. Be careful not to pull UP on the connector. Pull the ribbon cable OUT of the connector.
    - Be sure to remove the protective film on the ribbon cable of the replacement screen before inserting it into the connector.
    - Use something plastic or wood based (like a toothpick) to guide and seat the ribbon cable into the connector using the tabs on the cable.
    - Once you've confirmed the ribbon cable is securely seated in the connector, put the tabs at the bottom of the screen back under the lip of the chassis and slide it into place.
    - Press down (gently!) to secure the screen back into the chassis.
    - Once the screen is secured into the chassis, you'll need to give it another shove from the top to put the screen in it's final place and have the screw holes line up.
    - Screw it back together and you're done!

I hope this helps anyone who needs to/wants to replace their screen. NOTE: I take no responsibility if you bork your device following these steps/tips!
    01-22-14 10:14 AM
    Thanks for the advice. I may just throw my 30 at the wall so I can give the screen replacement a go myself.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 10:32 AM
    Haha, a true tinkerer love it ROTFL

From my Zed 30 running 10.2.1.1925
    01-22-14 10:44 AM
    Would it have slipped off the table if the case was not on it? One of the best things about BlackBerry is the sturdy back covers they use. I can go all Schumacher through corners in the car and the Z won't move an inch, while any other will slide from one side to the other with 4G speed. I'm sorry for you to see that beautiful beast being cracked up like that. It looks like it fell 2m instead of 2ft. I have only ever seen iPhones cracking like that from 2ft and above.
    01-22-14 12:15 PM
    Would it have slipped off the table if the case was not on it? One of the best things about BlackBerry is the sturdy back covers they use. I can go all Schumacher through corners in the car and the Z won't move an inch, while any other will slide from one side to the other with 4G speed. I'm sorry for you to see that beautiful beast being cracked up like that. It looks like it fell 2m instead of 2ft. I have only ever seen iPhones cracking like that from 2ft and above.
    Yes it would have slipped, I brushed it off the table with my arm. And I just measured the table, it is exactly 2 feet, 4 inches from the tile floor.
    01-22-14 12:37 PM
    My head flipped when I saw that picture. I hope you get it fixed soon.
    01-22-14 02:54 PM
    My head flipped when I saw that picture. I hope you get it fixed soon.
    Couple posts up the OP explains how they fixed it

From my Zed 30 running 10.2.1.1925
    01-22-14 03:40 PM
    **UPDATE**

The screen arrived as expected 1 week after purchase. As far as I can tell, it is the OEM part and has the same model number but a newer revision. This can be expected as they will refine the hardware as time goes on. Do not hesitate to buy from this seller.

As for installation: now that I know what i'm doing, I could replace a screen on the Z30 in about 10 minutes. Some things that I learned during the replacement process:

- You will need a tool set with a Torx T5 bit to open the device up. Available at any computer store for about 10 bucks.
    - The screws must be completely removed to allow the screen to slide out of the chassis.
    - The screws will not always want to come out all the way. If this happens, loosen the screw in question as much as you can. Then take a small jewellers screwdriver and gently press the screw against the side of the hole. The continue unscrewing with the torx screwdriver and it will come the rest of the way out.
    - If you don't have a plastic tool to separate the screen from the chassis, a thin plastic card (like a library card) will do the trick.
    - Once the screen is separated from the chassis, slide it up towards the top until the two tabs are cleared from the lip at the bottom.
    - You can then tip the screen up on the side without the ribbon cable.
    - I didn't have to play with the tabs on the ribbon cable, it came out from the connector with a gentle tug. Be careful not to pull UP on the connector. Pull the ribbon cable OUT of the connector.
    - Be sure to remove the protective film on the ribbon cable of the replacement screen before inserting it into the connector.
    - Use something plastic or wood based (like a toothpick) to guide and seat the ribbon cable into the connector using the tabs on the cable.
    - Once you've confirmed the ribbon cable is securely seated in the connector, put the tabs at the bottom of the screen back under the lip of the chassis and slide it into place.
    - Press down (gently!) to secure the screen back into the chassis.
    - Once the screen is secured into the chassis, you'll need to give it another shove from the top to put the screen in it's final place and have the screw holes line up.
    - Screw it back together and you're done!

I hope this helps anyone who needs to/wants to replace their screen. NOTE: I take no responsibility if you bork your device following these steps/tips!
    Pics pics pics!

CB10 : Z10 STL100-3 10.2.0.1803
    01-23-14 09:42 AM
    Great !!!!
    I've been doing the same with my Z10 at the same time; some more efforts but quite easy though !
    I'll post my experience in a thread and update here for the link.
    Here it is : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-myself-896629

Congrats !!!!
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-24-14 at 06:12 AM.
    01-24-14 03:50 AM
92 ... 234