01-13-14 10:31 AM
    Holy crap, nice price!

At that price i'll give it a go.
    01-13-14 10:35 AM
    That's not the Verizon model. Just in case you didn't notice.
    01-13-14 10:42 AM
    My only hesitation is that the description notes it is for 'version 001'.

Does that mean it is for the STA100-1? Because I have the North American (Bell Canada) STA100-5.
    01-13-14 10:45 AM
    My only hesitation is that the description notes it is for 'version 001'.

Does that mean it is for the STA100-1? Because I have the North American (Bell Canada) STA100-5.
    I think you're good for any model other than the STA100-3 which is the Verizon version.

Check this site, there are only two different types of screens, http://www.etradesupply.com/blackber...berry-z30.html
    01-13-14 10:54 AM
    Holy crap, nice price!

At that price i'll give it a go.
    Let us know if you decide to give it a go or if you send it away to get fixed and how it all worked out for you.
    01-13-14 11:08 AM
    I think you're good for any model other than the STA100-3 which is the Verizon version.

Check this site, there are only two different types of screens, BlackBerry Z30 Replacement Parts
    Appears that way. From what I can tell on the etradesupply page, ASY-51512-000 is the black, no carrier branding assembly they are selling (could be 001, but the pic is blurry) and ASY-51512-002 is the white assembly, no carrier branding. The Verizon model is completely different. One way to find out I suppose!
    01-13-14 11:11 AM
    I knew this would happen as soon as BlackBerry brought the glass right to the edge of the phone. It looks nice but without a metal rim around the glass, the shock of the fall can easily shatter the screen. That's my the iphones smash to bits so easily.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 11:12 AM
    Too bad the replacement part is $150++
    *ouch* I feel you pain ... sorry for that.

But if screen is functional, then you might replace only the digitalizer ?
    Must say I've not found the digitalizer alone ... may drop soon (does exist for Z10) ?

for the whole (in case some are searching for) : BlackBerry Z30 Replacement Parts

edit : haha ... should read more b4 posting. Sry.
    Digitalizer aloneMuch cheaper : https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=vESOyOd5 (thx to tonytraj17)

re-edit: lol that's digitalizer+screen ... but much cheaper < = I'm out !
    01-13-14 11:27 AM
    Well, i'm in for a replacement screen+digitizer. I'll let you know how it goes.

Seems like it is only 10 screws plus use of the plastic tool.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-13-14 11:43 AM
    Well, i'm in for a replacement screen+digitizer. I'll let you know how it goes.

Seems like it is only 10 screws plus use of the plastic tool.
    Just went to buy the same bundle (at Etrade: as cheap as $29.99+shipping) for my broken spare Z10 screen ... but looks like there's some extra glue and screws !
    01-13-14 12:03 PM
    Too bad the replacement part is $150++
    Sorry to hear about the accident & the expense. Thanks for sharing the case info and the "ease of repair" info. I have been lucky so far with my Z10; no harsh drops and no damage. I've been primarily using a "Seidio ACTIVE Case (with kickstand)"; often with just the inner rubbery part which gives pretty good coverage by itself, and seems like it won't slip off easily during a drop, and sometimes with the outer 2nd part corner/back hard shell around it if I'm going to be out and around on pavement. Too bad there doesn't seem to be the equivalent for the Z30 yet.
    01-13-14 12:34 PM
    Let us know how it goes for ya. I'm pretty sure the screen and digitizer are one piece. Don't make the mistake I made, I bought a screen to replace an ip4s. when I got it, it was just the glass. Lo and behold, it was one piece glued together. And good luck!!!
    01-13-14 01:02 PM
    That's not the Verizon model. Just in case you didn't notice.
    Exactly! OP, please be very aware that the VZW branded Z30 and A L L other Z30's are completely different, parts wise. The screens do not exchange...at all!
    01-13-14 01:03 PM
    Why has BlackBerry not implemented gorilla glass yet or something similar . With my previous android phone it used to fall down a lot and never had a scratch. Sony xperia z waterproof and super strength screen.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 01:33 PM
    Why has BlackBerry not implemented gorilla glass yet or something similar . With my previous android phone it used to fall down a lot and never had a scratch. Sony xperia z waterproof and super strength screen.

Posted via CB10
    Ha ha, Gorilla Glass isn't all its CRACKED up to be. Pun intended. LOL!
    01-13-14 02:01 PM
    Ha ha, Gorilla Glass isn't all its CRACKED up to be. Pun intended. LOL!
    Agreed, i've seen GG provisioned phones shatter just like my Z30 did.
    01-13-14 02:07 PM
    Buy a screen, send me the phone and a return label.
    01-13-14 02:14 PM
    Z30 fell about 2 feet from my end table to the tile floor and smashed the screen like crazy. And this was WITH a Transform case on! Be careful with your Z30's folks!

Seems it is going to be 200+ to get the screen replaced too.
    Sorry to hear. I have a question not sure if you ever owned a Z10 or if anyone who has a Z30 and had a Z10 are the glass different or the same? I am contemplating buying Z30.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 02:33 PM
    Read my post above, the answer is there in detail.....

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 02:35 PM
    Did you have a screen skin protector on? That would have helped big time. I once dropped my Z10 5 feet phone face down and thankfully the skin held the screen together.
    01-13-14 03:07 PM
    Did you have a screen skin protector on? That would have helped big time. I once dropped my Z10 5 feet phone face down and thankfully the skin held the screen together.
    ^^^^this

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    gng11 likes this.
    01-13-14 03:14 PM
    No screen protector, just the Transform case. The lip of the case is supposed to protect the screen, but I guess not...

Anyway, the seller linked above sure is responsive. No more than 4 hours after my order, the product has shipped!
    01-13-14 03:50 PM
    It's funny but earlier today I considered posting a similar thread, although with the opposite outcome.

For some reason that I cannot fathom (okay, it's probably lack of sleep), I managed to drop my Z30 + Transform case several times this weekend, including a few times onto a hard tile floor.

The scenario went something like this...
    1. Noah is really tired.
    2. Noah never lets go of beloved Z30.
    3. Noah keeps dozing off while obsessively playing Plants vs Zombies 2 or checking CB Forums.
    4. Z30 falls from hand of sleeping Noah.
    5. Noah wakes up horrified by loud smack noise of Z30 hitting floor. (Again!)
    6. Z30 remains triumphantly unscathed!
    7. Repeat.

@OP:
    Did the screen smack anything else on the way down? Or, is it possible a corner of the Transform case wasn't fully slipped on when it fell?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-13-14 06:16 PM
    @OP:
    Did the screen smack anything else on the way down? Or, is it possible a corner of the Transform case wasn't fully slipped on when it fell?
    Negative, there is a clear path to the floor from the table. Nothing around for it to have smacked into.

In addition, the phone was sitting on the table with the case securely fastened. That is the strange thing, the Transform case NEVER comes off.
    Elite1 likes this.
    01-13-14 07:06 PM
92 1234