Everything was working good on 10.2.1 version of the OS.

After yesterday's OTA update to the official 10.3.1, some crucial Android apps which were downloaded from Snap, since BlackBerry app environment is a disastre, don't work anymore. Tried reboot, reinstall, with no avail.

These apps are crucial for me being food delivery service (FoodPanda), mobile banking app and Waze (the one in BlackBerry World is ancient, hasn't been updated in almost a year and was very glitchy).

Also, flash player support is gone on 10.3.1. Bla, bla, I know Android/Apple did never had this, and it posts security concerns, etc. but I appreciated this on BlackBerry. There are internet sites which don't work without flashplayer support. On 10.2.1 there was the option to switch it on/off, it was fine.

This is a deal breaker for me, an update should mean improvements not failure to meet expectations again and again.

Really starting ro consider iPhone 6 as an option if this issues don't solve. Been a BlackBerry customer 7 years now, but not having acces to crucial apps stinks.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 04:10 AM
    Good riddance my friend.
    still here?
    Then backup your phone via BlackBerry link.
    Do a factory restore/security wipe and upgrade again.

See below
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=999504

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    02-23-15 04:41 AM
    Thx for the advice, but I am sick of backups, clean installs, reinstalling manually all the apps.

Why can't BlackBerry do things properly? This update is around from October 2014, didn't they had time to identify bugs?

Are you telling me you or others don't have this problem? Should I understand is a device specific issue?

Posted via CB10
    slegros, EsJayDee, Q10Bold and 6 others like this.
    02-23-15 04:57 AM
    Sorry for coming back, I just noticed that when answering a call there is a 1 second lag between swiping left and the actual call answer.

This lag wasn't there before the update. I kept laughing of my wife's iPhone 5 which has the same lag. Now I have it too, great update!

Does anybody has the same problem on z30 10.3.1?

Posted via CB10
    Pesamix and paul44 like this.
    02-23-15 05:35 AM
    Like said when it comes to android runtime - If they worked before you can always get them running.
    02-23-15 05:40 AM
    Some users have experienced bugs and discomforts after the OTA update. It's been a major jump from 10.2.1 to 10.3.1 and I think BlackBerry did their best with their update. Of course bugs are possible and it's happening on other platforms too.

As previously mentioned, do a clean install and you will sleep on it until 10.4 is out and you won't be experiencing lags then.
    anon(9188202) and Ursus Rufus like this.
    02-23-15 05:42 AM
    Sorry for coming back, I just noticed that when answering a call there is a 1 second lag between swiping left and the actual call answer.

This lag wasn't there before the update. I kept laughing of my wife's iPhone 5 which has the same lag. Now I have it too, great update!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I too have the same lag . Plus the calling screen sucks, there is nothing below the call buttons all black. And the pic which use to come properly while calling comes cut. This looks like a major bug, looks very much odd and irritating.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 06:00 AM
    Something new, "good" things keep on popping up. Check out my battery use:

Official 10.3.1 on Z30 - doom's day for BlackBerry-img_20150223_141854.png

Standby consummed 30% of my battery. 100% battery in the morning, 20% at 14:00 PM. Great!

Should I be a MIT graduade to have a BlackBerry? Clean installs, security wipes, etc. I will change my job to a developer to be able to manage a single BlackBerry device.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 06:22 AM
    Thx for the advice, but I am sick of backups, clean installs, reinstalling manually all the apps.

Are you telling me you or others don't have this problem? Should I understand is a device specific issue?

Posted via CB10
    I have an updated Z30 and don't have your problems. If you follow Oglon3r's advice, you will likely be happy with the result (except for the loss of Flash part which I believe can be rectified by using a Flash-friendly browser).

I support people using iPhones, iPads and iPods. They also experience problems sometimes with their updates and some of the fixes are quite interesting or just plain odd. My last Android had little glitches when it updated. There are no perfect devices, my friend. It will take about an hour of your time to get your device in a state where you will be happy with it for months, and maybe even years.
    02-23-15 06:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to hear about your issue. Do you have any call blocking or call recording apps installed on your devices? Some of these have been known to cause the issues you pointed out. Don't be too frustrated man, all OS have their issues so just be patient and before you know it'll all be fine.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 06:53 AM
    Everything was working good on 10.2.1 version of the OS.

After yesterday's OTA update to the official 10.3.1, some crucial Android apps which were downloaded from Snap, since BlackBerry app environment is a disastre, don't work anymore. Tried reboot, reinstall, with no avail.

These apps are crucial for me being food delivery service (FoodPanda), mobile banking app and Waze (the one in BlackBerry World is ancient, hasn't been updated in almost a year and was very glitchy).

Also, flash player support is gone on 10.3.1. Bla, bla, I know Android/Apple did never had this, and it posts security concerns, etc. but I appreciated this on BlackBerry. There are internet sites which don't work without flashplayer support. On 10.2.1 there was the option to switch it on/off, it was fine.

This is a deal breaker for me, an update should mean improvements not failure to meet expectations again and again.

Really starting ro consider iPhone 6 as an option if this issues don't solve. Been a BlackBerry customer 7 years now, but not having acces to crucial apps stinks.

Posted via CB10
    Here, here!

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    02-23-15 07:17 AM
    LOL! You've GOT to be kidding!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 07:24 AM
    Let me guess your phone prolly feels a little on the warm side too right well had the same issue.

You can b!tch and complain about your problems and still have a non properly functional phone at the end lose productivity and so on...

You can follow the advices given here and have a working phone at the end.

This is what I did
    Perform a full back up of my phone using link
    Downloaded the autoloader for the z30 from here

https://mega.co.nz/#!foAVXbwZ!bMhVyr...1jrA_DFcdRLmuc

Unzip and double click the exe file
    When it's done you will have a brand new phone
    Using link do a custom restore
    Under application click on details unchecked blackberry runtime and system application do your restore
    Note if you backed up your media it might take a little while to restore specially if you had videos.

You can Google any other phone platform apple, androids they've had the same issues after a major OS update so don't think they're fail proof.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by JailBa8; 02-23-15 at 07:40 AM.
    02-23-15 07:24 AM
    I am baffled honestly I had not one issue on two different 10.3.1 leaks...
    Haven't gotten the OTA will go for it once it comes to truly troubleshoot and experience some of the reported issues.
    You are also right brother sometimes it seems you truly have to be tech savvy with Blackberries.
    I run my own device repair business as well as program extensively c++.
    I know for a fact a final proof way to get some Google apps to work as well as other apps that require an obb and what not.
    Hope you can resolve some of the issues and I'll be glad to help you the apps you are currently experiencing difficulties with.
    Good day!

mkelley65 likes this.
    02-23-15 09:22 AM
    So what most of you are telling me is that it is somehow expected to have SO MANY issues following an update?

My opinion is that most of you are living in a bubble, a BlackBerry bubble where it is ok to receive poor and faulty updates. With iPhone 8.3 (I guess that was it) they release a faulty update and within a week they re-issued a correct update. Enough with those comparisons, you will think I am an Apple troll, whici I am not. iPhone is my wife's phone, which I manage and therefore this is the only comparison I can make.

My opinion is that BlackBerry screwed us again. It did so in January 2013 with the release of the Z10, whici they then said it is their "flagship device". No longer than 3 months, I guess, they ditched the Z10 and told us that, in fact, Z10 is a medium range and Z30 will be the "flagship". Same happened to Z30: now the Passport is the flagship device. Z10 a complete disaster, Z30 barely recovering the production costs, they don't care anymore about Z30, they just want to liquidate the existing stock.

Bottom line is that I paid a lot o bucks on the Z10 and the Z30, only to see their prices dropping because a new "flagship" has arrived. I never had the "flagship" for more than 3 months (

Returning to our subject matter, my opinion is, cobsidering the above, they focused on 10.3.1 working well on Passport / Classic and us, the z30 owners were only briefly tested for issues.

This is because BlackBerry cares more about their customers than Apple / Android manufacturers.

This is why I am agravated, I was sacked by BlackBerry several times. Now I want to buy their new "flagship" device - Passport - with a hefty amount of 600 USD so that in two months this becomes the "medium" range and have its priced dropped at half (offocurse, in the last 2 paragraphs I was being ironic).

My 2 cents...

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 09:37 AM
    I wrote a lengthy reply explaining why I am sick of being sacked by BlackBerry. Off course, after hiting Post, the app did not save the reply ) So reliable.

I am tired of writing it again )

Wil do a clean wipe, security install and all that mambo-jambo language )) Then, I will hire at NASA to repair their spacecrafts also.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 09:44 AM
    I wrote a lengthy reply explaining why I am sick of being sacked by BlackBerry. Off course, after hiting Post, the app did not save the reply ) So reliable!

Wil do a clean wipe, security install and all that mambo-jambo language )) Then, I will hire at NASA to repair their spacecrafts also.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 09:47 AM
    Brilliant, now it popped up )

Sory for the multitude of posts, now I stop)

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 09:48 AM
    I wrote a lengthy reply explaining why I am sick of being sacked by BlackBerry. Off course, after hiting Post, the app did not save the reply ) So reliable!

Posted via CB10
    Wow you could have your phone working perfectly in about one hour if you simply did an os reload using BlackBerry link.

Sad you wasted your time here
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    02-23-15 09:54 AM
    Just maybe BBRY isn't the device for you.

Posted via CB10
    Waze works for me on the latest update, and I have no problems on it either. Try wipe if you want, or maybe Google older version apks of your favourite apps to see if they will work. You can use a different browser to get Flash, evolution browser I think? Either way, moving to iPhone won't make any difference on that front.

IOS and Android both have problems when they are released, iOS had many with 8 version. You say they release an update within a week to fix it, but 10.3.1 hasn't even been out a week so it's not fair to compare that.

To me it just really sounds like you're wanting an iPhone and are looking for excuses.

Posted via CB10
    acovey and andrei27 like this.
    Brilliant, now it popped up )

Sory for the multitude of posts, now I stop)

Posted via CB10
    It's ok to be frustrated. That's how I felt when I was an iPhone user.

02-23-15 09:55 AM
    Hope everything goes well for you after the wipe and restore, upgraded through OTA too and yes have that call bug too, but it'll be resolved sooner rather than later I hope. Oh and yes I have a call recording app that I haven't opened after upgrading 10.3.1, i'll remove it and see if it makes a difference. And yes calling screen can be better but not a dealbreaker, love it that they now show the phone numbers and not just the contact & home/work note for incoming calls.

And can't say with Android runtime as I don't have that many android apps yet. You're battery woes most likely because you just installed it recently, my battery settled after 48 hours (rough figure) and it's somewhat slightly better than 10.2.1. I'll wait for a week to give a better impression. So far very very satisfied with the update.
    Last edited by koolaje; 02-23-15 at 12:18 PM.
    02-23-15 10:18 AM
    OP, it's not because YOU have problems with your update that EVERYONE has a problem with their update! It's a common mistake... people then to think that if something happens to them, it happens to everyone.

Now if you're open to have someone here help you to find a solution to your problems, we will gladly help you. But from your first thread, you don't sound open to any solutions.

And yes, my update worked perfectly. Waze works without issue... and i'm talking about the version from Google Play. It even works in background

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 10:26 AM
    It seems to work well for me after installed the Leaked 10.3.1.1154. Here is my battery status...
    Official 10.3.1 on Z30 - doom's day for BlackBerry-img_20141204_222615.png
    02-23-15 10:28 AM
111 123 ...