To the left of the speaker I believe is the proximity sensor. I noticed odd behavior with it today after using skype and receving a phone call shortly after. It looked like the proximity sensor was flashing albeit very faintly and quickly. Tipping the phone to the right caused the display to shut off. It seemed like the proximity sensor was bugging out.

Im not sure what caused it but I had used the newest skype to call to a pc. It worked well from both cameras. I closed skype app and noticed I was still transmitting voice to the pc and the little phone icon was on in the top left. Maybe 5 or 10 minutes after I received a call and noticed this odd behaviour of the proximity sensor afterwards.

A reboot seemed to fix the issue however I uninstalled skype because I feel it must have had something to do with it, especially considering when I closed the skype active frame it continued transmitting voice.

Anyone else had any issues with the prox sensor?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 04:06 PM
    Do a search of these forums and you will find some.

As for your issue, download BlackBerry virtual expert from BlackBerry World and try testing it out.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 04:24 PM
    Also make sure glass around the sensor is clean! The proximity sensor is active during phone calls. If it's dirty it will most likely appear to bug out.

Check out BlackBerry Virtual Expert in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27226887

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 04:34 PM
    Is BlackBerry virtual expert under a new name for bb10? Cant find it. And ill do some searches

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 04:38 PM