I got my Z30 on Oct 22 2013. Here were are 2 years later, and I'm waiting for the next greatest thing to upgrade to.

Only BlackBerry announced is the Priv. A very nice phone, but I've never liked sliders (hated the torch), and I'm not sold on this android partnership. When it comes out, I'll play around with it and see.

If not that, what else? Are we confident a new BB10 device is in the works?

I really don't want to get a year old Passport (I know the specs are still good), or a classic (with Q10 internals).

I can hold onto my Z30 for a little bit. But really don't want to go a year "saving" up an upgrade.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    10-20-15 10:06 AM
    It is a dilemma, true, but you could retain the device you have, test the waters, and see where things go in days to come. I was once where you are now, and made the decision that suited my needs, since my carrier chose to move on, first. Tough decision, and I know you hate being forced a direction you may not want to go, but that's the way life is leaningleaning, for now.
    10-20-15 10:14 AM
    Don't slide out the keyboard. They say phone is about as thick as any phone without a keyboard so glue it shut.

Posted via CB10
    anon(1852343) and LoneStarRed like this.
    10-20-15 10:37 AM
    It's unlikely we will ever see a new BB10 device.

If we do see a small refresh, it will probably be based on the Passport's chipset, to avoid having to purchase more drivers from Qualcomm.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    sonicpix likes this.
    10-20-15 10:52 AM
    I have had no contract for 6 months, still waiting for something good! Everyone is different! I have a feeling that there will be no more BlackBerry 10's ever!

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2789
    10-20-15 10:56 AM
    You should buy a PP for the device and form factor. The specs are good. The Z30 came out with bad specs.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 11:10 AM
    You should buy a PP for the device and form factor. The specs are good. The Z30 came out with bad specs.

Posted via CB10
    Z30 specs are definitely not bad.

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    10-20-15 11:33 AM
    My family phones are all BB and all off contract. My personal Z30 has a replacement in the drawer. This phone model will be sufficient for my needs until we have time to see where BB is going. Loyalty remains strong in my family but we are not jumping on the Priv for a variety of reasons.
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    10-20-15 12:03 PM
    Don't slide out the keyboard. They say phone is about as thick as any phone without a keyboard so glue it shut.

Posted via CB10
    It's tempting. That's one reason I want to try it out before completely ruling it out. Gotta wait like a month just to make sure I don't want it. Just a shame that I'm happy to spend money on a new phone. Just nothing I want right now.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    10-20-15 02:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you repeat it often enough.......

Be careful not to sail too far or you'll fall off the edge of the Earth.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    10-21-15 10:52 PM
    Yes we hope BlackBerry release again alltouch handset, 10 powered..
    While z30 still unreplacable.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 06:50 AM
    I would stay with Z30 (could wriggle another 2 years of useful life) and move to cheaper contract without HW subsidy, being cheapskate.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 07:09 AM
    This just made me think of something, a contract is used to pay for the phone, but once the contract is done and the phone is paid for why doesn't your monthly bill go down the amount you've been paying for said phone.

If that were the case I'd say enjoy the lower monthly payment but it isn't, we are kind forced to upgrade in a way, as to not feel ripped off.

I'd take your time and test out some phones in store, find one you really like. I have the Passport and love the phone, the size is perfect for ready emails, texts, bbms documents, surfing the Web and even playing games. plus the battery life is amazing, I can easily get two days out of a charge with medium use.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 07:12 AM
    Ur out of luck.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 11:03 AM
    This is it folks, BlackBerry OS is done, it cannot sell BlackBerry phones, it can't. The only thing u can do at this point to support BlackBerry, if you love BlackBerry phones is to buy the Priv. It's finally here, the next 6 months will seal the fate of BlackBerry hardware. I'm glad I came back to experience my Passport. I'll keep it for as long as I can, even would consider an upgrade to a Priv like OS.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 11:08 AM
    I am in the same position at the moment.

Only a couple of months away from end of contract. I love my Z30, i have been looking at ebay for even another to put in the draw just in case.

I have also looked at the passport, but i think i will wait for the Priv

Hopefully an Australian carrier will pick it up
    10-22-15 04:09 PM
    You should switch to BYOD then.

It ends up being cheaper anyways.

Posted via CB10
    1Criz likes this.
    10-23-15 01:13 AM
    I got my Z30 on Oct 22 2013. Here were are 2 years later, and I'm waiting for the next greatest thing to upgrade to.

Only BlackBerry announced is the Priv. A very nice phone, but I've never liked sliders (hated the torch), and I'm not sold on this android partnership. When it comes out, I'll play around with it and see.

If not that, what else? Are we confident a new BB10 device is in the works?

I really don't want to get a year old Passport (I know the specs are still good), or a classic (with Q10 internals).

I can hold onto my Z30 for a little bit. But really don't want to go a year "saving" up an upgrade.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    If you don't want the priv or the passport and detest android. Let me lead you to the path of windows.

Get either the Lumia 950 or 950XL. Sorted.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 04:41 PM
    Z30 specs are definitely not bad.

Posted via CB10
    Neither are they mind blowing.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 04:42 PM
    My family phones are all BB and all off contract. My personal Z30 has a replacement in the drawer. This phone model will be sufficient for my needs until we have time to see where BB is going. Loyalty remains strong in my family but we are not jumping on the Priv for a variety of reasons.
    I'm sorry, I couldn't help but laugh. Loyalty to a brand? All these bloody brands have an agenda. Trust me, it's about your greens, not your loyalty to them.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 04:45 PM
    Wait til January. We should know what's up with Chen's reference to a "new device in March" and if the Priv is better than we fear.
    The time will go faster than you think.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 05:53 AM
    After purchasing a note 4 I have more appreciation for my z30. Especially the sound on this beast. The best sound on a smart phone ever.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 10:02 AM
    If you don't want the priv or the passport and detest android. Let me lead you to the path of windows.

Get either the Lumia 950 or 950XL. Sorted.

Posted via CB10
    I would love to try out a Windows phone, but could never commit to it being my primary device. If I could have a second, I would give windows a chance. But alas... money. Give me a $100 device and I'll play with it.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    10-24-15 05:59 PM
    I would love to try out a Windows phone, but could never commit to it being my primary device. If I could have a second, I would give windows a chance. But alas... money. Give me a $100 device and I'll play with it.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Why can't you commit to it being your primary?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 08:21 PM
    Why can't you commit to it being your primary?

Posted via CB10
    Because I love my BlackBerry too much. I may be willing to try new things, but I need to keep my solid foundation. I'd be happy to use all the different operating systems out there, as long as I kept my BB as my main device. But again, I'm not set up to be able to support two phones.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    10-27-15 07:27 AM
26 12