After having the 9900 , z10, and z30...decided to try note 3..here are my thoughts...the bigger screen is awesome..keyboards are similar...little better camera...the facebook app and google maps are much better on the note...battery life is worse on the note...1 to 1.5 days vs 2 + days on the z30....the one place the z30 shines is in phone call signal...no comparsion in fringe coverage areas the blackberry has coverage and the note doesnt ....
    phuoc likes this.
    08-24-14 03:13 PM
    Thanks for the review
    and Welcome to Crackberry!!!!
    08-24-14 03:27 PM
    The z30 has the paratek antenna, in my experience with the z10 and older BlackBerry this makes all the difference

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 04:14 PM
    The beauty of the Z30 is you can get both Facebook and Google Maps for android running flawlessly on it... plus all the added benefits of BB10

Posted via CB10
    Jimberry Storm and baspeed like this.
    08-25-14 12:01 AM
    The Z30 is the best phone on the market right now, that not many people even know exists!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 07:47 AM
    The Z30 is the best phone on the market right now, that not many people even know exists!

Posted via CB10
    YUUUUUUP!!!!!!
    08-25-14 07:53 AM
    I have both. The killer for the Note and the reason I really don't really use it much is the Bloatware that Samsung desperately try to force down on everyone; apart from that it is a great device. Also to big in trouser pockets!

The z30 is arguably the best phone I've ever had! - quality of manufacture; easy of use; battery all good.
    08-26-14 01:11 AM
    The call quality on the note 3 is fantastic though.

CB10 on the Q10
    08-26-14 05:59 AM
    Calls android keyboard similar to bb10 keyboard. Well.. it seems we all have different opinions then :P.
    08-26-14 08:51 AM
    Calls android keyboard similar to bb10 keyboard. Well.. it seems we all have different opinions then :P.
    its different in how you use it...but the sizes of the keys are very similar
    08-26-14 02:50 PM
    I currently have the note 3 and a q10 for business, have owned the z30 also. Frankly, their is no comparison FOR ME, but I am a heavy user of the s-pen, Samsung's calendar, pen window, etc.. and running android apps on an android device lol, despite many of those who don't like touchwiz I am a big fan, but since the note 3 has been released Samsung signed that deal with google I believe and TW is becoming more like stock android which im not a fan off, I don't think ill be moving from my note 3.. period. I also don't trust google lol, they seem to want to control everything we do, and they like apple seem to want all our information, just ask the Chinese government! Oops..., anyway, androids biggest FLAW is the security, this Samsung knox thing is just papering over cracks. Blackberry are seriously the best for me when it comes to business, I just saw that new blackberry passport and I am getting it or one of the newer models for sure.

Long live blackberry and our privacy!!
    08-26-14 03:10 PM
    Both good but would go for z30.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 11:02 PM
    I currently have the note 3 and a q10 for business, have owned the z30 also. Frankly, their is no comparison FOR ME, but I am a heavy user of the s-pen, Samsung's calendar, pen window, etc.. and running android apps on an android device lol, despite many of those who don't like touchwiz I am a big fan, but since the note 3 has been released Samsung signed that deal with google I believe and TW is becoming more like stock android which im not a fan off, I don't think ill be moving from my note 3.. period. I also don't trust google lol, they seem to want to control everything we do, and they like apple seem to want all our information, just ask the Chinese government! Oops..., anyway, androids biggest FLAW is the security, this Samsung knox thing is just papering over cracks. Blackberry are seriously the best for me when it comes to business, I just saw that new blackberry passport and I am getting it or one of the newer models for sure.

Long live blackberry and our privacy!!
    Doesn't trust Google, but uses Android.

:P
    08-27-14 07:40 AM
    In regards to security, those of us not on BES and just using BB10 as personal/non-BES work devices, is there really much difference? If you are not on any type of corporate BES server, aren't all phones pretty much the same in regards to security?
    08-27-14 08:56 AM
    Dustbow, are you saying that if we BlackBerry user are not utilizing our device for business, that we are not secured?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 09:14 AM
    Dustbow, are you saying that if we BlackBerry user are not utilizing our device for business, that we are not secured?

Posted via CB10
    That's what I'm asking.....BBM would be secure I guess b/c that still goes thru BB servers....all other info just goes through "normal channels" if you are not on BES, right?
    Maybe what people are saying is that if you are using Google services, it doesn't matter what device you use, all the info is on their servers regardless....
    08-27-14 09:25 AM
    Doesn't trust Google, but uses Android.

:P
    Yes, I do use android, for fun tasks and I don't trust google, hence me saying, I use blackberry for business, lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 01:38 PM
    That's what I'm asking.....BBM would be secure I guess b/c that still goes thru BB servers....all other info just goes through "normal channels" if you are not on BES, right?
    Maybe what people are saying is that if you are using Google services, it doesn't matter what device you use, all the info is on their servers regardless....
    That's my understanding. If you're not on BES then you are as unsecure as any other platform.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-27-14 01:42 PM
    And BES Is?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 06:02 PM
    I have a Z30. Am I unsecured?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 06:03 PM
    I find myself reading this thread now Verizon dropped the Z30.

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    08-27-14 06:14 PM
    I have a Z30. Am I unsecured?

Posted via CB10
    No? Why would you be insecure?

And BES is and I quote

?BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) is a middleware program that allows BlackBerry devices to access corporate messaging and collaboration software such as Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Domino and Novell GroupWise. The middleware synchronizes messaging content between enterprise servers and Research in Motion Blackberry smartphones.?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 10:43 AM
    I use them both but I think android have better app games than blackberry world but better messaging on z30

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    08-30-14 11:04 AM
    I've owned both and can say u get work done quicker on the Z30...the Note 3 is an awesome phone don't get me wrong. I just get work done quicker, more efficiently, and better organized on the Z30.

Typing an email on the note 3 is painful.

G's Z30
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    09-01-14 11:18 AM
    Own a galaxy s4 and z30 , I don't see much efficient and convenient on the z30 the great in terms of Google map or youtube or something needs to log in by the Google account.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 03:29 PM
39 12