Hi, ... not sure if this should be in the BB10 or Z30 forum, but here goes.

When I first set up my Z30, I added my LinkedIn account and all my connections from LinkedIn loaded. They also linked pretty well properly to my conacts in my Outlook account. A week later, I had to reset the Z30 to get rid of the dreaded "Local contacts".

Now, add my LinkedIn account and only 99 of the +500 connections load. Also, none are linked to the outlook contact. I do have the "add connection" button, but I am already a connection with the contact.

Anyone else have problems getting all the LinkedIn connections to load and link to the other contact lists??

Thanks

Really like the Z30 coming from a 9810.
    09-03-14 09:09 AM
    hi Chin Chin,
    since you mention outlook, should we consider you're using Link to sync them or do you refer to outlook.com ?
    09-03-14 12:02 PM
    hi Chin Chin,
    since you mention outlook, should we consider you're using Link to sync them or do you refer to outlook.com ?
    Sorry for the confusion. I have added an Outlook.com account to the Z30.

Right now, the only option I seem to have will be to link my LinkedIn connections through Office 365 Outlook and sync to the Z30 via USB. Problem is that it will create the connections in the Outlook contact list ... gets a bit messy.

It is weird, because when I initially set up the Z30, the LinkedIn connections all come through fine.

Might have to try another reset. Luckily, I have a 9810 backup file so I can restore selected data like the +65 passwords coming from the BB Wallet.
    09-03-14 12:20 PM
    Before you reset anything (I read security wipe) , I'd be tempted to:

1/ Perform a soft reset (hold the vol. +/- keys until the led is flashing red - it'll take a screenshot, no biggie)
    if no change
    2/ Delete the outlook.com and linkedin accounts, perform the soft reset and set them back, one after the other (allow some time for the contacts to settle, say 10-15 minutes). My current doubt is which account to set first ... naturally, I'd tend for outlook.com ... but not sure.

Let us know, hope it helps.

P.S: As of date, I would stay away from Link sync unless there's no other option.
    SF
    Chris Chin likes this.
    09-03-14 12:30 PM
    Thanks.

Yes. By reset I meant security wipe.

I will try the soft boot. Then delete then reconfig the accounts.

News at five.

Thanks again.
    edit:
    Well the soft boot didn't do anything.

I then deleted the linkedin account and th eoutlook.com account. added them back ... no change.

This evening I'll delete, softboot, then add the outlook.com account before the linkedin account.

Thanks again for the ideas.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Chris Chin; 09-03-14 at 06:44 PM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-03-14 01:23 PM
    Still not working. I'm going to open a thread in the OS forum. ... seems like it's a Hub problem.

On second thought ... i'll keep this here.

So ...

Is still only get 106 of 605 LinkedIn connections when I add the LinkedIn account to my Z30.

For the record.
    It's a Z30 STA100-5 on the Telus network.
    OS version 10.2.1.3247
    Software release 10.2.1.2977
    I initially had all my Linkedin connections and the connections linked pretty well to my contacts in my outlook.com account.

I had the dreaded multiple local contacts which got installed when I migrated the lists over from my 9810 Torch.

So I did a security wipe, migrated only my WiFi profiles and my BB wallet entries. I then added the outlook.com account. It loaded/synced all 2389 outlook.com contacts. When I add the LinkedIn account, hub only loads 106 of 608 connections.

Also, my outlook.com contacts didn't link to the LinkedIn connections. When I activate "use cloud services ..." the contacts don't "find" my linked in connections and now don't even offer the "Connect" button. :.. really weird.

If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.

I use my network extensively for work and would like to get it running as smoothly as in BB 07

I really like the Z30 ... just need to get an OtterBox Defender wrapped around it and ready to rock. (its on order)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Chris Chin; 09-07-14 at 04:07 PM.
    09-07-14 03:44 PM
    Chris, I guess this is beyond my knowledge ... I'll raise a flag to the ambassadors team to see if a more educated one can help further !
    Stay tuned !
    09-08-14 04:56 AM
    Thanks Superfly.

For now, I copied my LinkedIn connections over to Outlook.com so that at least I would have all my contacts. They all synced to the Z30.

Quick question. ... what is the Ambassador team??

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 06:33 AM
    The CrackBerry Ambassadors are a bunch of volunteer people who spend their time helping other around the forums and make the community smarter . Some of them have tons of knowledge, both on technical and other aspects related to BlackBerry.
    09-08-14 11:09 AM
    Thanks very much. Your input is greatly appreciated.

So... how would I go about bringing this thread to their attention

I looked around quite a bit and can't seem to find any threads or such here or on the BBsupport board. Unfortunately, LinkedIn can't help (yet) as they replied it is not their "app".

Thanks
    09-08-14 11:13 AM
    This is happened to me as well. I have some contacts that are both FB and Linkedin, some even on Twitter as well. It tells me that I need to connect to them. I am on a Z30, ATT, Running 10.3, but it happened on 10.2.1 as well
    09-08-14 11:24 AM
    Thanks,

I seem to have 2 problems and I don't know if they are related.

The Outlook.com contacts were linked properly. All 600+ linkedin connections were visible in the Contacts application.

After the security wipe, which was needed to get rid of the +2000 local contacts (from the migration) I only got 95 LinkedIn connections and nothing linked to Outlook.com ... I did see the "Connect" button ... but I was already connected in LinkedIn with the person.

After another wipe, now I only get 106 linkedIn connections (I had added a few on the website since) but no links on the Outlook side, not even the "connect" button.

This is weird.
    09-08-14 11:29 AM
    Ok..

When Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.1154 dropped on the weekend it took me 3 days to get all my contacts back over the air.

I have same setup as you, outlook.com for contacts then the rest.

My suggestion, is to have a fresh load of the OS and set things up again

Sent from my White Q10 using Tapatalk
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-08-14 11:32 AM
    Thanks.

I will try again this evening at home.

The only thing that seems different is that the first time I setup, I was at home not at the office. I'm wondering if the firewall here is blocking the traffic.

Thanks again for the info.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 11:36 AM
    (thinking out loud)
    Chris, are you under wifi coverage in both cases ?
    Also, did you launch the LI App after the account setting ?
    09-08-14 12:27 PM
    HI, ...

Yes, I have Wifi connections in both cases.

I just over lunch deleted the Outlook.com and LinkedIn accounts, boot.
    Then I turned OFF the wifi and added first Outlook.com, let the +2400 contacts load OTA. Then I added the LinkedIn account and it only loaded 102 of +600 connections OTA. ...

BUT ... now at least the "connect" button has come back in the Outlook.com contact to "let me" connect to the contact. ... (I already am).

Next step, I'll delete the accounts and the LinkedIn application. Then reload (again) OTA. I rememer when I initially setup the Z30, it must have been OTA as I was in the parking lot of the Telus store when I first added the accounts.

News at 6
    09-08-14 01:18 PM
    The CrackBerry Ambassadors are a bunch of volunteer people who spend their time helping other around the forums and make the community smarter . Some of them have tons of knowledge, both on technical and other aspects related to BlackBerry.
    Ooops ... I just noticed a minute ago that you are also one of the Ambassador group. ... Thanks for all the time and energy you're putting into this problem of mine.

If you're ever in Central Qu�bec in the summer, drop me a line and I'll set you up over some atlantic salmon fly fishing (my weekend job)
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-08-14 01:22 PM
    So this is new ...

I still didn't resolve this problem so I tried something.

After a Wipe, I added my e-mail accounts in the "Accounts" setup. I only sync contacts from one service, Outlook.com

I then opened the LinkedIn "app" (ver 10.1.7.80) and signed into linkedin from there. I didn't accept that the application send my contacts to "look for friends".

I close the application, swipe over the Accounts setup and Poof, ... my LinkedIn Account is there. I swipe to the Contacts application and again, ... only 102 of the +600 connections are there.

I sent a ticket into LinkedIn Customer Support <[email protected]> and they are looking into it. I had already opened a ticket, but put it on hold because I didn't realize then that the LinkedIn application is intimately connected to the Accounts setup/contacts/hub.

To be continued.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-09-14 08:28 AM
    Thanks for sharing your attempts with all of us, keep us posted !

And definitely, yes (and thank you), if ever I travel across Canada (should be, ASAP, I always wanted to visit !) I'll drop a message around here and finally meet my "CB cousins" along the trip !!!

Cheers
    SF
    09-09-14 09:48 AM
    Hey!! ... finally figured this one out.

Not sure if it's relevant to anyone else, but here goes. (and thanks a bunch to the members here who took the time to try and help out. This text is also going to the ticket et the LinkedIn helpdesk.

Recap: my Z30 would only load 102 of 602 contacts from linkedin. Also, the few contacts that did load wouldn't be automatically linked to my Outlook.com contact.

The system seems to use a combination of Name, e-mail and mobile phone numbers to link automatically, so I tested it with a known contact where his linkedin info and my Outlook,com info were identical.

I realized last night that my Outlook.com contacts weren't all there either so I tried some tests, cleaning up doubles etc. Still couldn't get the Outlook.com account sync either.

I found 2 problems:
    First, in my Outlook.com account, I had connected LinkedIn to my "people". I had noticed that the LinkedIn connection who WERE syncing to my Z30 were sometimes missing in the Outlook.com address list.

Second, I found that my GMAIL contact list WAS loading to the Z30, even though I clicked only to sync e-mails. This may be the source of what I thought were local contacts which I couldn't delete. It was creating double entries which were getting linked by the Z30.
    . I had thought that I had Local Entries coming from the device switch from a 8910 over to the Z30.

Solution:
    I "unlinked" LinkedIn from my Outlook.com account.
    I deleted all the contacts from my GMAIL account.

Just to be sure, I set my (3) gmail accounts to auto-forward to my Outlook.com e-mail and I'll phase out their usage as I get e-mails to those addresses.
    I only added to my Z30:
    - Twitter account
    - LinkedIn account
    - Outlook.com account.

If you're wondering, I had so many accounts and contact lists as they grew from necessity using a PC as my principal PDA. Now that I have the Z30, my handheld is my #1 PDA/contact list etc.

So, if you seem to have problems with missing entries, doubles etc, make sure that ONLY one source is linking/referencing various account. That is, we can link lists in Outlook.com, in Outlook 2013, in LinkedIn, in gmail etc.

Hope this is helpful to someone some day.
    Superfly_FR and Oglon3r like this.
    09-10-14 09:07 AM
    wow ! would have been hard to figure out remotely !!
    Glad you sorted this out, moreover you reported it above: Thanks !

Have a nice day,
    SF
    09-10-14 12:32 PM
    Hey SF,

It was an eye opener, ... Now I am getting the duplicate contacts ... The Outlook.com contact list was skyrocketing going from 1737 contacts (the real number) up to +5000 before I deleted the account.

I re-configured the account and it's syncing right now. I'll see if it creates duplicated.

no, ... I do not have any local contacts ...

Take care.
    09-10-14 12:56 PM
    Did you resolve this? Having the same issue, although I want my Gmail contacts to be my main source not Outlook. Over 600 Linkedin contacts on Z30, did the switch to a Passport everything is good but only 150 or so Linkedin contacts.
    03-10-15 02:17 AM
    Hi Warren,

It seemed correct, ... the I had to do a delete/add Linkedin account to get the notifications back in the Hub (same problem some facebook users had). I had OTA updated the OS from Telus to 10.3.1 2267 (I believe).

I was on 10.3.1 1154 ... When I added the account back onto the Z30, I only get now 138 of +600 linkedin contacts. New contacts that are added in LinkedIn get synced to the Z30, but there are hundreds missing.

I will try a 10.2 autoloader to revert back then roll forward to 1154 again as it was the OS I had all my contacts on.

Somewhere, the different modules didn't roll back. For instance, in the "newest" 2267 (now revoked) Telus update, the incoming phone call screen is different. When I rolled back with an autoloader to 1154, the incoming call screen is still the same as the 2267 (the accept, reject icons are in the middle of the screen instead of on the bottom).

I had resolved the problem by unlinking the Linkedin and Outlook.com accounts on the web (windows 8.1) as well as in MS Office Outlook desktop. I'll try to roll back to 10.2 and NEVER update the LinkedIn application.

Edit: This didn't resolve the problem
    Last edited by Chris Chin; 03-10-15 at 11:21 AM.
    03-10-15 08:18 AM
    Update:

Well, woke up this morning and all 640 LinkedIn contacts have synced to my Z30 running 10.3.1. 1154
    They have also properly linked to the Outlook.com contacts in the contact list. I don't link my Outlook.com contacts to LinkedIn via the MS office Outlook desktop nor via the Windows 8.1 contact manager. That was the source of my multiple contacts a while ago.

I have no idea why it decided to sync the 500 missing contacts last night.

I'm on the 10.1.31.322 version of LinkedIn for BB10.
    03-13-15 07:49 AM