01-12-14 04:36 PM
43 12
tools
    Why do the British hate BlackBerry so much? Can we stop blaming the America now?

Posted via CB10
    Who said the British hate BlackBerry?

The example I gave (Original Post) is of one salesman who is evidently an Android fanboy (and his fanboyism means that this individual is too prejudiced to make mature balanced reasonable judgements). The salesman was prejudiced against anything that was not Android

BlackBerry is prevalent in the UK in the circles I move in (both work and consumer - both legacy and OS10)

The majority of people I know in the UK (and Europe) who got turned off by BlackBerry in the last year, were the ones who were early adopters of Z10s (usually as part of a corporate rollout over which they had no control - eg one day they were told to swap in their Bolds and collect a new Z10) - the biggest issue that all these users had was that the Z10 battery life wasn't good enough for a professional day (I know that the Z10 battery life is meant to be better now - but on the initial OS releases it was very poor)

Many of my friends and colleagues are generally happy with their Q10's (everybody loves the keyboard and hub integration), though still frustrated that a lot of the functionality that they previously had on their Bolds, has still not been ported across to OS10 - they also don't feel that the battery life is anywhere near as good as on their previous Bold 9xxx's

Hate? I don't see any hate. However I do see disappointment with BlackBerry (see above)

The Original Post describes my experience with one (non-BlackBerry) fanboy salesman. The problem with fanboys is that many of them don't make mature balanced reasoned judgements..... (not that there could ever be any prejudiced fanboys on CB!)
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 01-12-14 at 01:40 PM. Reason: typo
    01-12-14 05:40 AM
    Nothing to do with consumers. It's the company that is to be blame for producing poorly finish software and hardware

blackberry is notorious for having a Poor customer service . Return a defect product and u r made to feel that u broke the phone and have to wait for a long time for BlackBerry to acknowledged there phones are rubbished and need repair or replacing ( this is the case for majority of people). Information from my mate whose a manager for vodafone.

IPhone u just walk in an apple shop with iPhone 4 without any warranty and they will still repair your phone for free. ( wife phone) .. if u don't have an apple store near u.. they get a company to come get your phone and u get a replacement within 24 hrs.

With android Samsung will provide u with a replacement phone while it's bring repaired.

So there's your answer.

I have a z30 and love it by the way and cross fingers so far no issues and this is the best phone I've ever had.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, this has been a lot of people's experience. Hopefully John Chen et al are going to turn this around for folks as well!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 07:37 AM
    Nothing to do with consumers. It's the company that is to be blame for producing poorly finish software and hardware

blackberry is notorious for having a Poor customer service . Return a defect product and u r made to feel that u broke the phone and have to wait for a long time for BlackBerry to acknowledged there phones are rubbished and need repair or replacing ( this is the case for majority of people). Information from my mate whose a manager for vodafone.

IPhone u just walk in an apple shop with iPhone 4 without any warranty and they will still repair your phone for free. ( wife phone) .. if u don't have an apple store near u.. they get a company to come get your phone and u get a replacement within 24 hrs.

With android Samsung will provide u with a replacement phone while it's bring repaired.

So there's your answer.

I have a z30 and love it by the way and cross fingers so far no issues and this is the best phone I've ever had.

Posted via CB10
    Same in the US. Apple has the superior customer service. BlackBerry needs to work on that drastically, especially since they seem to think their devices are worthy of premium, Apple-like pricing. If you want to charge the same you have to provide your customers with a similar or better ownership experience, and BlackBerry simply has never done that. BlackBerry got a huge ego back in the mid 2000's and never lost it and people and companies just have way to many good/great options available to them.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 07:48 AM
    It isn't fair that Apple charge you a premium for your i-phone and then get a tidy revenue from the NSA too

Seriously, it's a shame about that sales rep but we can't do anything I doubt. Especially for the majority at that age.

Posted from my Z30 via the CB app
    01-12-14 08:20 AM
    These idiots who talk nonsense should be wacked.

Posted via CB10
    Ben1232 likes this.
    01-12-14 08:52 AM
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression! BlackBerry probably should have held off the BB10 launch till last May when they had 10.1MR ready, and BES10 enterprise ready. They delayed BB10 to get the software "perfect" and released a troubled OS that wasn't ready on hardware priced at a premium with older specs, and the results are what we see now. They probably should have considered waiting for the Z30 to be ready and making the Z30 the flagship and releasing it and the Z10 at the same time with he Z10 at intro level pricing. Probably needed 10.2.1 ready too.

Die Hard BlackBerry fans are willing to deal with these issues, but carriers, salesman, and your average consumer are not.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure how perfect they could have made it without getting it into end users hands. Many of the improvements we've seen in the leaks seem to stem from complaints by users. Things like delete on hub only, etc. Not to mention all the bug fixes for bugs that only real end users would uncover. But I agree it would have been nice to have the higher spec Z30 with the bigger screen and battery be the first all touch BlackBerry 10 phone. People really seen to like it more than the Z10.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    01-12-14 09:03 AM
    But I agree it would have been nice to have the higher spec Z30 with the bigger screen and battery be the first all touch BlackBerry 10 phone. People really seen to like it more than the Z10.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    Totally agree

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 10:23 AM
    Sadly I think BlackBerry has just done too many bad things along the way. Terrible marketing along with a lot of negative press has pushed away the market. People simply do not see BlackBerry as an option for a new phone because they are "out of business".

The general western phone market is a lost cause and they know it. This is why they don't bother with marketing the z30. I feel the q10 has done decent because it offers something to some people that they can't really get. It is for this reason I feel Chen is making a new high end phone with a keyboard. New markets and corporate is BlackBerry in the future for now

Posted via my Z30
    01-12-14 10:55 AM
    here is my experience: i have been using bb since 6 years ago, used to have a 8900, then 9700, then 9810... my wife used to have one as well but after a bad experience with a curve phone, she decided to go in a different direction... now she has a galaxy s4, which in general she likes... my siblings know that i love bb, and when we get together and talk about phones, they normally joke about it (you must be the only one with a bb in the world, how silly to buy a phone from a company in bankruptcy)... we live in states btw, and they all have iphones... the other day we were in a family meeting and they learnt that i have a new bb phone (z30)... after joking around, they wanted to see it... when i pulled it out of my pocket, my brother (in his 30s) didn't say a thing but that was particularly interesting, since the normal reaction would be laughing... when he saw me typing, he said: cool... i use two or even three languages at the same time and when he saw that i can write all of them without doing anything else beside just typing, he was genuinely interested... showing him how bad i can write and then, somehow, the keyboard knows and correct the right word in three different languages was a total surprise for him... when i showed him snap and the android apps he had "really?!!" face... the conversation ended because we were going to have dinner but later that day i said my wife: i think my brother actually was surprised by the phone (maybe he was expecting the same old same old bb phone)... i asked my siblings to download BBM and now we chat through it... the next day, my brother asked me what phone i have, i said z30, he said: never heard of it... and then said: once my contract is up, i would give it a try... my whole point: maybe he will or not, but it is a fact that he didn't know anything at all about the phone and only was needed 30 seconds to change his perception of the phone (and even more, the brand) once you see it... i also had another experience just yesterday, with a friend with a z10... he told me just starting the conversation: i don't know if i am going to keep it, it is way behind with apps... i showed him my z30, .1925 on it, snap etc... then: hey, you have to show me how to do this, i need to update my phone... the bottom line is that if bb actually promote and support the phones, you will see a response from public, almost immediately in my experience... hopefully someone at bb acknowledge this soon and things could change for the best...
    BigAl_BB9900 and HaberNik like this.
    01-12-14 10:59 AM
    I'm not sure how perfect they could have made it without getting it into end users hands. Many of the improvements we've seen in the leaks seem to stem from complaints by users. Things like delete on hub only, etc. Not to mention all the bug fixes for bugs that only real end users would uncover. But I agree it would have been nice to have the higher spec Z30 with the bigger screen and battery be the first all touch BlackBerry 10 phone. People really seen to like it more than the Z10.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    Never expected perfection, those are BlackBerry's own words on why the BB10 launch was delayed to 2013. But when you make a statement like that, you better come out with a device and software better than what 10.0 was,or push it back again until 10.1 was ready and stable. 10.0 probably caused a lot of returns, as did the Verizon reboot issues I'm sure. Many of those customers are probably not going to give BlackBerry a chance for a long time if ever.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    01-12-14 11:25 AM
    To say the z30 has poor battery life is ridiculous. The sales man you spoke to is a dumbass.

Posted via CB10
    deptech likes this.
    01-12-14 12:21 PM
    Sales people do their jobs either as they see fit or as they are instructed. I don't rely on the opinion of salespeople for much of anything.

I would hazard a guess that the OP would not have had such a negative experience if the company were in better shape. Some of the his comments could be considered general consensus views.

Given that carriers are pulling away from offering BB in store, I would just be thankful that I was able to get what I wanted in store.

Generally speaking when you let salespeople know that you aren't interested in their advice, they shut up and complete the sale.

Ultimately if people buy BlackBerry in significant number, these types of incidents will lessen.

Actual customer service, hardware, and software issues aside, money talks, BS walks.
    01-12-14 01:35 PM
    One way of looking at it is the app situation. It may not be that android is particularly better than bb10. From an app perspective however. It has all the apps, and that's what most people require in their phone now in addition to making phone calls and texts.

Why push bb10 with the risk it will come back when u can push the android or ios knowing it's likely going to be the acceptable phone.

Remember now. The minority are hardcore crack berry /mobile nations/ business owners.
    It's the majority that don't care THAT much about what's in their hands as long as it serves it's intended purpose. Add to that the fact that it has apps so they know they can have the apps if they ever want them!... they will start to like the os through just getting use to it.

Ios and and android have proven themselves already. The responsibility really is on blackberry to make apps... and then, can they start boasting they have a phone everyone can take seriously.

In the meantime, this perception won't change.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 03:29 PM
    I follow everything berry very carefully.. I do not take any salespersons advice on anything No !.So having said that I need a new phone. I go to the nearest telus store near me and start talking to the reps there. Get the lay of the land so to speak. Result Blackberry!, every rep in the store had a Blackberry Z30. Once we started talking I got one guys history with Mobile Phones.. he was an iphone user and so was his family. I guess they all former iphone users including the guys mother.. That ended when he related the horror stories his family and especially his mother had with iphone 5. Now.. they all went Blackberry Z30.. I found this particular rep knew more than most people about phones, providers out there and even cell towers.. The guy was young but man was he informed. Needless to say I got my Blackberry Z30 (2 of) and with his help changed our family plan to a better plan for us, a way better plan in fact. I couldn't be happier with the Z30. As for any other phone to buy I only have one sentence.. Fuget bout it!
    01-12-14 04:18 PM
    The problem is that these uneducated twerps working in the stores hold way to much sway power over the cattle consumer. Blackberry should start selling it's devices direct online at wholesale, unlocked and start marketing that along with the facts of what the phone is capable of. Android is good for one thing, being unproductive. That should be their marketing strategy headshot.

RIM is too stupid for that, sorry but true.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 04:19 PM
    Grabbed a brand new sim free Z10 from Carphone Warehouse for less than �150! Can now use my 4G contract. More than happy with the handset and I don't miss my iPhone 5 at all (which I sold for �360!)

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 04:22 PM
    here is my experience: i have been using bb since 6 years ago, used to have a 8900, then 9700, then 9810... my wife used to have one as well but after a bad experience with a curve phone, she decided to go in a different direction... now she has a galaxy s4, which in general she likes... my siblings know that i love bb, and when we get together and talk about phones, they normally joke about it (you must be the only one with a bb in the world, how silly to buy a phone from a company in bankruptcy)... we live in states btw, and they all have iphones... the other day we were in a family meeting and they learnt that i have a new bb phone (z30)... after joking around, they wanted to see it... when i pulled it out of my pocket, my brother (in his 30s) didn't say a thing but that was particularly interesting, since the normal reaction would be laughing... when he saw me typing, he said: cool... i use two or even three languages at the same time and when he saw that i can write all of them without doing anything else beside just typing, he was genuinely interested... showing him how bad i can write and then, somehow, the keyboard knows and correct the right word in three different languages was a total surprise for him... when i showed him snap and the android apps he had "really?!!" face... the conversation ended because we were going to have dinner but later that day i said my wife: i think my brother actually was surprised by the phone (maybe he was expecting the same old same old bb phone)... i asked my siblings to download BBM and now we chat through it... the next day, my brother asked me what phone i have, i said z30, he said: never heard of it... and then said: once my contract is up, i would give it a try... my whole point: maybe he will or not, but it is a fact that he didn't know anything at all about the phone and only was needed 30 seconds to change his perception of the phone (and even more, the brand) once you see it... i also had another experience just yesterday, with a friend with a z10... he told me just starting the conversation: i don't know if i am going to keep it, it is way behind with apps... i showed him my z30, .1925 on it, snap etc... then: hey, you have to show me how to do this, i need to update my phone... the bottom line is that if bb actually promote and support the phones, you will see a response from public, almost immediately in my experience... hopefully someone at bb acknowledge this soon and things could change for the best...
    Again, RIM is too stupid for that.
    01-12-14 04:30 PM
    To say the z30 has poor battery life is ridiculous. The sales man you spoke to is a dumbass.

Posted via CB10
    +1, I get 1.5 to 2 days on a single charge on my Z30.

Posted using my beloved Z30 on 2.2.1.1925
    amjass12 likes this.
    01-12-14 04:36 PM
43 12