I'm coming in late but I think a non removable battery is a huge mistake.
    I like the control of being able to do battery swaps inspections what ever my self.
    I think it was not a move forward
    "do battery swaps inspections"?? Are you a certified technician? If you are just like the average consumer, then the less tampering you do the better off you are. Kinda reminds me of people opening the hood of their cars when it breaks down even though they are clueless as to what they are looking for.
    The battery in the Z30 lasts for at least 18 hours on very heavy use and there are so many good "battery pack chargers" out in the market now, so I don't your reasoning makes any sense unless you can elaborate further.
    03-01-14 09:55 AM
    I can't really speak about the Z30 but I'm looking to go through less than 3 batteries a day as I do on my Z10. Z30 due in tomorrow for me.

Posted via CB10
    You find that the battery life experience is like night and day. You will enjoy the Z30.
    03-01-14 09:57 AM
    "do battery swaps inspections"?? Are you a certified technician? If you are just like the average consumer, then the less tampering you do the better off you are. Kinda reminds me of people opening the hood of their cars when it breaks down even though they are clueless as to what they are looking for.
    The battery in the Z30 lasts for at least 18 hours on very heavy use and there are so many good "battery pack chargers" out in the market now, so I don't your reasoning makes any sense unless you can elaborate further.
    I wasn't meaning anything like technician stuff. I just ment ever pulled off you back and found dirt and dust.
    I just don't like to send things away when need fix. I liked the comfort of spare battery.
    So not a game winning argument but it's more a negative then selling feature for me is all.
    Cheers
    Judy Pittman likes this.
    03-03-14 02:59 PM
    I wasn't meaning anything like technician stuff. I just ment ever pulled off you back and found dirt and dust.
    I just don't like to send things away when need fix. I liked the comfort of spare battery.
    So not a game winning argument but it's more a negative then selling feature for me is all.
    Cheers
    Thanks for your response. It's all in good spirit. Cheers too.
    mugen27 likes this.
    03-03-14 05:04 PM
    Ya I wasn't meaning to come off like a jerk.
    It just felt wrong to me. But it's all apart of the discussion. I respect the views opposite of mine.
    wincyUt likes this.
    03-04-14 07:57 AM
    I should have paid attention that my z30 has no removable battery I actually loved that about my z10. Was very useful in Europe. Where I would go out all day come home to change and just swap batteries and be on my way. Now I need to charge it. I mean I did buy the external charger. But still I was quite surprised. I wish I read into it a little more lol I can't believe I didn't noticed!
    03-18-14 08:09 PM
    I should have paid attention that my z30 has no removable battery I actually loved that about my z10. Was very useful in Europe. Where I would go out all day come home to change and just swap batteries and be on my way. Now I need to charge it. I mean I did buy the external charger. But still I was quite surprised. I wish I read into it a little more lol I can't believe I didn't noticed!
    Lol!! But you have to admit that you are still loving your Z30, right?
    03-19-14 10:05 AM
    Lol!! But you have to admit that you are still loving your Z30, right?
    If the battery sucked I would have snapped. But it's been solid so no complaints. It really depends on how well it lasts in Europe

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 03:09 PM
    Apple definitely has a way of turning a phrase to make something that might be perceived as negative into the same thing but perceived as a positive.

I remember an article on Apple's tactics where they were training their Apple Store staff not to say "unfortunately" or "sorry, no" but to say "as it turns out"... like this:

"Unfortunately this feature isn't included"

Don't say that... instead say this:

"As it turns out, this feature is included in this other model."

BlackBerry certainly could learn a thing or two about marketing from Apple.

Posted via CB10
    "Yes, we have no bananas "

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    03-21-14 05:35 PM
    I was both surprised & disappointed to learn that the Z30 battery was not removable when it was first announced. I traded in from the Z10 anyway since it has other advantages, but I do think a fixed battery is a step back for BlackBerry's flagship device. I travel a LOT and occasionally have very, very long days! It's not always feasible to plug in.

I carried 2 (and sometimes 3) fully charged spares with me for my Z10. I may have to get the plug in spare for the Z30.

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.
    03-21-14 05:39 PM
    What's wrong with people? Of course, removable battery is good and non removable is bad. There is nothing more that can be said. It's even common sense. I mean come on!

Removable battery has a bunch of amazing benefits and convenience but non removable has none. Why would anyone want or like non removable battery? It's like not wanting standard ports, not wanting HDMI, not wanting USB charging and so on.
    Thank you!!

Posted via Z10 10.2
    03-21-14 06:07 PM
    "Quote Originally Posted by BK_NY_RAY View Post
    What's wrong with people? Of course, removable battery is good and non removable is bad. There is nothing more that can be said. It's even common sense. I mean come on!

Removable battery has a bunch of amazing benefits and convenience but non removable has none. Why would anyone want or like non removable battery? It's like not wanting standard ports, not wanting HDMI, not wanting USB charging and so on."

Thank you!!

Posted via Z10 10.2
    I'm just curious if you own a tablet? If you do, do you have a removable battery on your tablet? How do people cope with non-removable batteries on tablets? Batteries nowadays are lasting longer and the OS(es) are becoming more efficient, therefore lessening the need for changing batteries.
    03-22-14 11:46 AM
    I'm just curious if you own a tablet? If you do, do you have a removable battery on your tablet? How do people cope with non-removable batteries on tablets? Batteries nowadays are lasting longer and the OS(es) are becoming more efficient, therefore lessening the need for changing batteries.
    EASY! Tablet is not taken with me everywhere I go!!!!! My phone on the other hand is!

Posted via Z10 10.2
    03-22-14 01:07 PM
    I have never had my z10 or my q10 freeze on me ,the only time I did battery pulls was after a os update.i do like been able to remove the battery if I needed to and I think the reason for the inbuilt battery in the z30 is due to cost (cheaper to make over all)
    03-22-14 09:23 PM
    Non-removable battery is damn good for Z30-img_20140323_090643.png

Sent from the phone of the gods.....Z30
    03-23-14 11:08 AM
    I have never had my z10 or my q10 freeze on me ,the only time I did battery pulls was after a os update.i do like been able to remove the battery if I needed to and I think the reason for the inbuilt battery in the z30 is due to cost (cheaper to make over all)
    Oddly enough I have had two battery pulls. The first was very early with the 10.0 os in the z10. I likely did not have to, but it worked. The second time the phone just froze up on a black screen. I was mad because I was very busy and traveling and did not bring a laptop fir email. Then I thought I will pull the battery. It was 100% after. Issues all resolved. This was with 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 11:24 AM
    Oddly enough I have had two battery pulls. The first was very early with the 10.0 os in the z10. I likely did not have to, but it worked. The second time the phone just froze up on a black screen. I was mad because I was very busy and traveling and did not bring a laptop fir email. Then I thought I will pull the battery. It was 100% after. Issues all resolved. This was with 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    Just curious, is there anywhere in mobile device troubleshooting instructions where it states that "battery pulls" solves anything?
    03-23-14 02:33 PM
    Thats a really uninformed and wreckluse position to take. IMO Its almost on the scale of Saying Blackberry the company is not needed in the world, or security is not important when it comes to communications.

Or Apple is stupid for not using a removable battery in the year 2013 .
    I just said I don't like phone with unremovable battery, I like phone better with removable battery..no relation with Apple etc... same like people don't like car with FWD or RWD
    03-25-14 07:38 PM
    EASY! Tablet is not taken with me everywhere I go!!!!! My phone on the other hand is!

Posted via Z10 10.2
    Also, tablet is a consumption device, phone is a communication device. If I am hours away from my wife I need to get in touch with her. If my tablet dies, I just can't watch Netflix on it or play games, etc.
    03-29-14 03:34 PM
    My husband loved his z30 battery life at first but it has begun to drain and fast. I have z10 and added a Mugen extended life battery and love it! He doesn't have that option with not being able to remove the battery.
    12-03-14 02:39 PM
    Have your Husband check using BBVE to see if BBM is draining his battery. Some folks have had this happen to them, and it seems like a bug in the OS, but you can address it by checking all of your App permissions with BBM. Disable the app permissions for BBM and hopefully that will fix the issue.
    12-03-14 02:54 PM
121 ... 345