YEP!

Its a damn good thing that Z30 is sporting a "non-removable" battery. BlackBerry has in effect circumvented the the incessant "hard battery pull" that plaque the Z10 and sometimes the Q10. One thing for sure, here on, BlackBerry would know that any "bricking" or "rebooting" are caused by other defects.
    The battery in the Z30 is built to last and perform efficiently. Bye to loose connection that result in rebooting issues. Welcome to BlackBerry's forward thinking; with a battery that size, there is no real need for removable battery. KEEP MOVING!!
    09-18-13 09:10 AM
    what if the battery dies after 1 year?
    09-18-13 09:24 AM
    I'm sure BlackBerry will gladly replaced them. Since its part of the phone - non removable. Warranty of 2 years should cover the battery too.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 09:26 AM
    Yes. Non-removable battery is f***ng bad for iPhones but damn good for BBRY
    09-18-13 09:28 AM
    Myself, I see a non-removable battery as a lost feature. When the battery goes bad, you can replace it. No "downtime" for sending the unit in to have the battery replaced and more than likely, paying for the service. When/if or if/when, your phone starts acting wonky, you can do a battery pull. A good way of ensuring that the device has done a hard reboot. A good trouble shhooting tool. Lost the ability to "upgrade to a larger cap. battery, albiet you will probably get a replacement battery cover for the larger battery. About the only gain is the loss of 3 interconnects for the battery being changed from spring pins to an mta connector. I would rather have the flexibility/freedom to extract the battery if need for reset or replacement.

c
    09-18-13 09:30 AM
    Lol!! Don't you think the batteries will perform differently on different platform? Personally I have never had issues with whether battery is removable or non removable, provided the battery lasts.
    Finally, although I have always used BlackBerry phones, I also own Apple products too. I can't wait to lay my hands on the Z30 because its a thing of beauty!

Yes. Non-removable battery is f***ng bad for iPhones but damn good for BBRY
    09-18-13 09:37 AM
    It's a joke about double standards. Just search for '50 reasons why Z10 is great...'
    kbz1960, wincyUt and Eric Ton like this.
    09-18-13 09:39 AM
    Let me ask you a simple question, is it just mere coincidence that Q5 which has non-removable battery has had less "rebooting or bricking" issues?

Myself, I see a non-removable battery as a lost feature. When the battery goes bad, you can replace it. No "downtime" for sending the unit in to have the battery replaced and more than likely, paying for the service. When/if or if/when, your phone starts acting wonky, you can do a battery pull. A good way of ensuring that the device has done a hard reboot. A good trouble shhooting tool. Lost the ability to "upgrade to a larger cap. battery, albiet you will probably get a replacement battery cover for the larger battery. About the only gain is the loss of 3 interconnects for the battery being changed from spring pins to an mta connector. I would rather have the flexibility/freedom to extract the battery if need for reset or replacement.

c
    09-18-13 09:44 AM
    It's a joke about double standards. Just search for '50 reasons why Z10 is great...'
    Lol!! You just said Z10. The 50 reasons pertain to Z10. This is Z30. It would probably have different reasons why it is great.
    Carl Estes and pvphooman like this.
    09-18-13 09:54 AM
    While it will help with loose battery syndrome its something many others have gone to. I'd rather see them fix the syndrome but there are plenty of juice em up recharges around now.
    09-18-13 10:04 AM
    Incessant "hard battery pull"? Go home, you're drunk.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 01:30 PM
    LOL at the OP's flawed logic.
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    09-18-13 01:48 PM
    YEP!

Its a damn good thing that Z30 is sporting a "non-removable" battery. BlackBerry has in effect circumvented the the incessant "hard battery pull" that plaque the Z10 and sometimes the Q10. One thing for sure, here on, BlackBerry would know that any "bricking" or "rebooting" are caused by other defects.
    The battery in the Z30 is built to last and perform efficiently. Bye to loose connection that result in rebooting issues. Welcome to BlackBerry's forward thinking; with a battery that size, there is no real need for removable battery. KEEP MOVING!!
    Honestly, non removable doesn't by default mean any of the things you think it does.
    09-18-13 02:39 PM
    Some ppl who travel need 2 batteries

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    kthhrrsn and DaFoxGrey like this.
    09-18-13 02:42 PM
    Nvm
    Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 03:52 PM
    Lol!! It wouldn't hurt if you care to elaborate why my logic is flawed. I could learn a thing or two from the master himself.

LOL at the OP's flawed logic.
    09-18-13 04:13 PM
    Incessant "hard battery pull"? Go home, you're drunk.

Posted via CB10
    And where is home wise guy? And what am I drunk from? Do you know me? No need to be insulting, ok? I will not tolerate it.
    It is ok to disagree with my opinion and state your own views. Thanks.
    Judy Pittman likes this.
    09-18-13 04:19 PM

Welcome to BlackBerry's forward thinking
    Forward thinking that is too little, too late.

here on, BlackBerry would know that any "bricking" or "rebooting" are caused by other defects.
    Was no need to have a fixed battery in order to troubleshoot bricking or rebooting issues.

The battery in the Z30 is built to last and perform efficiently.
    Too early to tell as it's not even in the hands of end users yet.

Bye to loose connection that result in rebooting issues.
    Loose connection is not the sole cause of rebooting issues
    09-18-13 04:41 PM
    So just another reason I'm glad I got a Q10. I've always had two batteries for my BB, and the first accessory I bought after the phone was an extra battery and charging station. There have been times when I've not had access to power (even a car) and having 2 batteries came in handy.
    Just Me and 1magine like this.
    09-18-13 04:59 PM
    Let me ask you a simple question, is it just mere coincidence that Q5 which has non-removable battery has had less "rebooting or bricking" issues?
    The Q5 didn't ship with the same crap software the Z released with. Reboots went down significantly with the newer os's
    09-18-13 05:25 PM
    what if the battery dies after 1 year?
    As long as it just takes 5 minutes and a couple of screws then it will be fine.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 05:33 PM
    Now if we could get a replaceable screen to match the replaceable door

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 05:38 PM
    That's a much better response than saying "flawed logic", isn't it?

Forward thinking that is too little, too late.

Was no need to have a fixed battery in order to troubleshoot bricking or rebooting issues.

Too early to tell as it's not even in the hands of end users yet.

Loose connection is not the sole cause of rebooting issues
    09-18-13 06:35 PM
    Will rebooting the device use the same functions or does anyone knows the step reboot the device when it freezes.
    09-18-13 07:18 PM
    The Q5 was released with a revised OS that eliminated (well mostly eliminated) the reboot issue. My Z hasn't rebooted once since I got the update -so in my case it had nothing to do with "loose" terminals.
    09-18-13 07:28 PM
121 123 ...