So after last weeks announcement that Rogers won't be carrying the Z30 I decided to email them and express my disappointment, here's the email I received with their "generic" response...

Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting us. My name is Maude from the Rogers Management
    Office. BlackBerry recently announced which Canadian carriers would be
    adding the new Z30 to their lineups. Some media reports have suggested
    that Rogers decision not to carry the device represents a change in our
    relationship with BlackBerry. That?s simply not the case.

We have a longstanding relationship with BlackBerry and continue to be
    big supporters of the company and their products. The device
    manufacturers we work with bring a number of devices to market every
    year. We pick devices to carry based on the needs of our customers and
    the decision not to carry this model was made several months ago.

We believe we can meet our customers? demands for a BlackBerry device
    with our current line-up of the Z10, Q10 and Q5. This is the way we?ve
    always done it. In the past for example, we didn?t sell the BlackBerry
    Storm, or the 9300.

We remain committed to BlackBerry and look forward to continuing to work
    closely together.
    We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this situation may cause
    you.

Take care and have a great day,

Maude
    Rogers Management Office

Obviously they feel the Z30 wouldn't sell enough units . I wish they would just come out and say it, instead I get "we support " BlackBerry blah blah. It's simple, this is BlackBerry's best device to date, and Rogers doesn't support it. Don't give me bs Rogers.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    10-08-13 12:28 PM
    What's disappointing about it? Canned or not, they are making a point to reply to individual emails. They probably have better things to do, so that's impressive.

And I don't see any bs. It appears to be genuine information in the response. Further to that, they're providing an explanation. They're under no obligation to do so.

Sorry but I can't see where your issue is.
    Last edited by birdman_38; 10-08-13 at 01:21 PM.
    kbz1960, fanisk and Kris Simundson like this.
    10-08-13 01:01 PM
    I got the same response and also got told the same thing on the phone, but i am sure if we keep bugging them they will see that there is demand for the phone and would have to then Support their customers lol
    10-08-13 01:05 PM
    They could drop the q5 and bring in z30 instead

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 01:20 PM
    As of 2:30pm in Ottawa, A manager at the blackberry booth at GTEC2013 stated that Rogers will carry the Z30

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 01:43 PM
    What's disappointing about it? Canned or not, they are making a point to reply to individual emails. They probably have better things to do, so that's impressive.

And I don't see any bs. It appears to be genuine information in the response. Further to that, they're providing an explanation. They're under no obligation to do so.

The issue is Canada's largest wireless network isn't carrying the Z30...Made by a Canadian company that they have supported for years. The explanation given makes a comparison to when they didn't carry the storm, two totally different scenarios which have nothing to do with each other. You don't see the bs?
    No Z30, response from Rogers Management Office.-img_00000615.png
    Heck the Rogers Centre has its own BlackBerry broadcast booth!!! Wouldn't you assume that they would carry the latest and greatest?

spyeagle likes this.
    10-08-13 02:45 PM
    The issue is Canada's largest wireless network isn't carrying the Z30...Made by a Canadian company that they have supported for years. The explanation given makes a comparison to when they didn't carry the storm, two totally different scenarios which have nothing to do with each other. You don't see the bs?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000615.png 
Views:	1517 
Size:	338.3 KB 
ID:	209074
    Heck the Rogers Centre has its own BlackBerry broadcast booth!!! Wouldn't you assume that they would carry the latest and greatest?

the simple truth is BB10 has tanked & the "30" probably will, too,,, like sprint not carrying the "Z"; which in hindsight, looks to have been a smart move, maybe they know something we don't...
    10-08-13 03:18 PM
    We don't know what goes on at the negotiating table.
    10-08-13 03:20 PM
    So after last weeks announcement that Rogers won't be carrying the Z30 I decided to email them and express my disappointment, here's the email I received with their "generic" response...

Good afternoon,

Storm, or the 9300.

closely together.
    you.

Maude
    Rogers Management Office

Obviously they feel the Z30 wouldn't sell enough units . I wish they would just come out and say it, instead I get "we support " BlackBerry blah blah. It's simple, this is BlackBerry's best device to date, and Rogers doesn't support it. Don't give me bs Rogers.

It is canned, as that passage is taken right out of our information data base verbatim. Lousy move on Rogers part. How pathetic!!? People want the Z30 and they don't even want to sell it!!!

Posted in CB forums and on Bbos leak 10.2.1047
    10-08-13 03:24 PM

Here's the issue I have...I already have a Z10...where is my upgrade path?

Sure they say that they represent their customers...but did they really ask their customers? Sounds like IBM saying in the past that their customers don't need this new device called a Personal Computer.

Posted via CB10 1.4.2 on Z10 10.1.0.4181 on the Rogers Network
    anon(870071) likes this.
    10-08-13 04:06 PM
    Here's the issue I have...I already have a Z10...where is my upgrade path?

Sure they say that they represent their customers...but did they really ask their customers? Sounds like IBM saying in the past that their customers don't need this new device called a Personal Computer.

How often do you upgrade? Maybe there'll be something different by then or an updated 10?
    10-08-13 04:24 PM
    They didn't carry the Storm because it was a CDMA phone and Rogers had switched to GSM.

I suppose if Rogers really wanted a Storm, BlackBerry may have been able to make a GSM version.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 07:08 PM
    Realistically, they can't come out and say they won't sell enough Z30's. That would imply Rogers does not believe in BlackBerry and in return hurt sales of their over stocked Z and Q's.
    I continue to complain in a sane fashion on Rogers Facebook page, but can understand why they can't tell the truth. Still bugs me to no end though.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    10-08-13 07:23 PM
    Realistically, they can't come out and say they won't sell enough Z30's. That would imply Rogers does not believe in BlackBerry and in return hurt sales of their over stocked Z and Q's.
    I continue to complain in a sane fashion on Rogers Facebook page, but can understand why they can't tell the truth. Still bugs me to no end though.

Posted via CB10
    You nailed it! This is the exact same reason! They (Rogers) just didn't have enough foresight and ordered way too much Z and q's so they did not want to imply that they do now beleive in Rogers and hence not sell again enough of the Z30's if they ordered any! This is rogers drawing the line in the sand! I highly doubt Rogers will ever carry any more Blackberry's at least to the consumer market. The left over stock may get reprovisined with BES and only be sold on the business side. For a company as big as Rogers and not carry the Z30, it's scary business from here on in.

Posted in CB forums and on Bbos leak 10.2.1047
    xBURK and John Pawling like this.
    10-08-13 08:36 PM
    Rogers actually sold the 9300. They even have the help manuals and flash videos up on their website still. Oh the irony.
    10-09-13 01:35 AM
    How often do you upgrade? Maybe there'll be something different by then or an updated 10?
    Exactly my point. The Z30 has an updated OS10 over my Z10 and because the Z30 is the flagship BlackBerry it will probably always get the newest OS before the older models.

10-09-13 08:10 AM

Good afternoon,

Storm, or the 9300.

closely together.
    you.

Maude
    Rogers Management Office

I got exactly word for word email. Copy and paste.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 12:58 PM
    I got exactly word for word email. Copy and paste.

Posted via CB10
    Such a lame email they sent to you both. In the first part it put BlackBerry's carrier selection process as the reason Rogers wouldn't carry the Z30, but the later part of the email said that they were deciding this based on an unsubstantiated claim they are making the decision for their customers.

I don't buy either reason .

It maybe related to the fact that Rogers will soon have a new VP in charge of their mobile division whom may not like BlackBerry. I hate speculating this, but in the absence of facts, anything could be the reason.

Goes to show you their core values don't include open, honest and direct communications to their customers.

10-09-13 01:41 PM