Correct...direct to fulfillment. They went to the local store and the store ordered it for them and had it shipped overnight.
    The ones in stores are demos. No stores have stock, period.

Attachment 236063

Posted via CB10
    Canadian stores do

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 10:32 PM
    Canadian stores do

Posted via CB10
    You're not kidding. My store promotes BB10. I can't tell you how many Z10 I've sold (although not in a long while...did sell a Q5 the other day though), and not only have we never had anyone ask about the Z30, we still have the original 2 we received a week before it launched.

I'm surprised it hasn't been more popular, TBH.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD
    01-04-14 10:58 PM
    Yep. When I bought my Z10 ( release day) all the stores in town were sold out for 2 days solid.

When I bought my 30 last month the store (a different one) said I was the first to buy a 30 since release. Not really surprising though.

I figure anyone who was willing to give BlackBerry a chance or waiting for the new BlackBerrys to come out bought a Z10. If the 30 had come out first this company would be in a different situation right now.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 11:25 PM
    I went to my local to store try to get a z30 holster, already had previously ordered phone online.
    They had no clue! They did have a demo unit but no inventory and three reps I talked to didn't even know they sold that phone, shame!

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 01:28 PM
    I think the lack of US store love for the Z30 is probably due to all the surplus Z10's which they stocked and didn't sell. When the Z30 came on the market both the carriers and stores didn't want to go down that same road again. Verizon took it on but in a very safe, limited way.

I could be wrong, but that's how it seems to me. The Z30 is flat out an amazing phone with an OS that just keeps getting better. But it fell victim to bad timing, no advertising, no store or carrier love, BlackBerries business difficulties, etc.

Those of us that have the phone know it's the best BlackBerry ever produced, but truthfully with all that's going against it what chance did it have with the masses.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.1259
    01-05-14 02:00 PM
    I had to order mine from verizon online. The plus is that overnight shipping is only $15

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 02:30 PM
    You're not kidding. My store promotes BB10. I can't tell you how many Z10 I've sold (although not in a long while...did sell a Q5 the other day though), and not only have we never had anyone ask about the Z30, we still have the original 2 we received a week before it launched.

I'm surprised it hasn't been more popular, TBH.

Do they advertise the Z30 in Canada?

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 05:02 PM
    Do they advertise the Z30 in Canada?

Posted via CB10
    Not really. We got large posters and signage for launch but BB didn't provide live demos like they did for the z10.

We've also had promos where the customer got a free BB accessory kit with the purchase of a Z30 device - case, screen protector, and the BB Bluetooth speaker but still nothing. We sell a fair number of Z10 and Q5, but I've been disappointed in the movement of Q10 and Z30. I think it's the price point, TBH. It's still way too high for the predicament BB is in.

lnichols likes this.
    01-05-14 05:09 PM
    I think the lack of US store love for the Z30 is probably due to all the surplus Z10's which they stocked and didn't sell. When the Z30 came on the market both the carriers and stores didn't want to go down that same road again. Verizon took it on but in a very safe, limited way.

I could be wrong, but that's how it seems to me. The Z30 is flat out an amazing phone with an OS that just keeps getting better. But it fell victim to bad timing, no advertising, no store or carrier love, BlackBerries business difficulties, etc.

Those of us that have the phone know it's the best BlackBerry ever produced, but truthfully with all that's going against it what chance did it have with the masses.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.1259
    I always thought it was more the "buy American " attitudes

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 06:16 PM
    Blackberry wasn't on display at all not even a picture on the wall or anything in the store that said blackberry. Only iphone samsung and windows phone. ( San leandro ca verizon). Blackberry don't know how to market

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 04:32 PM
    Correct...direct to fulfillment. They went to the local store and the store ordered it for them and had it shipped overnight.
    The ones in stores are demos. No stores have stock, period.

Attachment 236063

Posted via CB10
    Not true again. Period. They walked in and purchased them from stock, they weren't ordered, just as I did with my Q10. I had previously posted that on one occasion they brought one from the back room for me to demo due to a dead battery on the display unit. Many stores had stock initially but according to our local store it's not being replenished. When our store is out we'll have to order through them or online. The next closest store is 140 miles from us. My daughter got her's there and it was the last one they had. No more to be stocked.
    01-10-14 12:06 PM
    Not true again. Period. They walked in and purchased them from stock, they weren't ordered, just as I did with my Q10. I had previously posted that on one occasion they brought one from the back room for me to demo due to a dead battery on the display unit. Many stores had stock initially but according to our local store it's not being replenished. When our store is out we'll have to order through them or online. The next closest store is 140 miles from us. My daughter got her's there and it was the last one they had. No more to be stocked.
    Whatever, I'm glad they got the only 2 stocked in the entire United States...you're completely full of it. You can search all of CrackBerry and the rest of the Internet and all you will find is mentions of Verizon only having demos but zero stock...shut this thread down already. everybody knows Verizon isn't selling them direct in stores. Call the Verizon store in Lawrenceville New Jersey. Third biggest in US and they will tell you they don't have it or plan on getting it. It's consumer driven man. You HAVE to order it, get over it. Post a picture of the receipt, I bet it's from Wisconsin...that's where the billing is from.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    illlya likes this.
    01-10-14 12:39 PM
37 12