Finally saved up the cash to go and purchase a new z30 today. I went to the verizon store, and they said they were sold out. I know the manager and he always jokes with me about how nobody buys blackberry anymore, so I figured I would ask him about it being sold out. He told me that they never had any in store, just the display. I called around to other stores in surrounding towns, and this is the case for all of them. Even the dealers didn't have any in stock. Special order only. Is anyone else running into this kind of problem? I have worked in wireless retail for a long time and have never seen a phone that you didn't at least keep one of in stock. Any ideas as to why this is the case with the Z30.
    12-23-13 11:00 PM
    O just walked out of a Verizon store aswell... manager checked for one in Stock within 60 miles of my location and none only online... sad very sad

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 11:03 PM
    Do yourself a favor and order it online

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 11:54 PM
    They are online only. They were never in stores.

Posted via Verizon Z30
    12-24-13 05:37 AM
    ^^^^this^^^^

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 05:48 AM
    when i got my z30 here in Australia, no carrier had it in stock in their stores. They did have display units but if u wanted one you'd have to order and wait 2 weeks or sign up and order through the website and wait for about the same period.

According to one of the 3 stores I went to, they only stock the Q10 but only one unit at a time. The particular shop I went to only sold 2 units of Blackberry Z10's the entire year...both during the first month of release to a husband and wife customer and the rest of the stock went cold for about 9 months. The Q10 they have has been in their inventory since launch and they have never sold a single one. This is from a high traffic Telstra store in a popular shopping centre!!! According to the manager, keeping blackberries in the inventory runs the risk of dead stock so they only order when someone asks for it.

I ended up buying it outright in an electronics retailer instead. Even that was hard as only one branch stocked it. It's the sad reality but I live in a place where people wonder why I am still using a blackberry

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 06:42 AM

Posted via Verizon Z30
    Not true everywhere. The second time I demoed one in our local VZW it came out of stock as the display unit was dead due to being unplugged. Two of the Z30s in our company came from the same store. Other posts of them being bought in local VZW stores in the forums as well.
    12-24-13 08:33 AM
    I can confirm that most Verizon stores don't have the Z30 in stock. I went in yesterday to buy mine and the sales rep checked the computer only to tell me that there were none within 100 miles of the store. I ended up ordering from Amazon because it was $100 cheaper than ordering direct from Verizon. Should have mine on 12/26.
    12-24-13 10:01 AM
    Same here. I buy/trade a lot of phones and already had the Z10. I called the rep I always deal with at VZW and immediately she said I would not like the BlackBerry ...try something else. I told her I was loving the Z10 and it has been my favorite phone to date. She said they don't stock it and I couldn't even order it. I then drove to the store and ordered it from another salesman. No stock in store...only a demo, but the Z30 delivered to my house yesterday! Awesome phone!

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 02:36 PM
    In the past two- three weeks I've been checking for Z30s at the malls. Nothing. The guy at Costco was really interested in checking out my Z. He had no idea about swiping, and thought it was awesome.

Sent from the phone of the gods.....Z30
    12-24-13 04:41 PM
    Finally saved up the cash to go and purchase a new z30 today. I went to the verizon store, and they said they were sold out. I know the manager and he always jokes with me about how nobody buys blackberry anymore, so I figured I would ask him about it being sold out. He told me that they never had any in store, just the display. I called around to other stores in surrounding towns, and this is the case for all of them. Even the dealers didn't have any in stock. Special order only. Is anyone else running into this kind of problem? I have worked in wireless retail for a long time and have never seen a phone that you didn't at least keep one of in stock. Any ideas as to why this is the case with the Z30.
    Not a single Z30 In stock in a single Verizon store in the US. You can only purchase online or by calling Verizon. Even if you ask the store to order for you they will say to order online. Right now it's being handled as "direct to fulfillment" only. You're better off ordering online anyway. Good luck. It's amazing!

Posted via my ridiculous BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    12-25-13 11:20 PM
    In literally every store in Singapore, there is a working model of a q10 and z30

Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys likes this.
    12-25-13 11:34 PM
    Bbry should just blow off the carrier's and sell direct only. Take the under utilized network and start their own carrier. I would switch if they could deliver their network to the end user.

Posted via CB10
    Brian Scasta likes this.
    12-26-13 12:39 AM
    None in my local Verizon store, either. When I suggested that I order it online, the salesperson said "Don't be stupid. Just get an iPhone and you can have it today."

Went to Best Buy to look at canvas belt cases, which should be easy since it is virtually the same size as an LG G2. I only mentioned the G2 but when I pulled out my phone to try it in a case, he pointed to my Z30 and literally laughed out out, told one of his buddies to come over there that "here is an ***** who actually bought a BlackBerry."

I firmly believe that, at least in the United States, many the people employed by the various carriers themselves are to blame for much (but not all) of the declines that BlackBerry Limited has suffered.
    12-26-13 01:01 AM
    In literally every store in Singapore, there is a working model of a q10 and z30

Posted via CB10
    In the US there are working models if the Z30, but none in stock to be purchased

12-26-13 01:14 AM
    None in my local Verizon store, either. When I suggested that I order it online, the salesperson said "Don't be stupid. Just get an iPhone and you can have it today."

Went to Best Buy to look at canvas belt cases, which should be easy since it is virtually the same size as an LG G2. I only mentioned the G2 but when I pulled out my phone to try it in a case, he pointed to my Z30 and literally laughed out out, told one of his buddies to come over there that "here is an ***** who actually bought a BlackBerry."

I firmly believe that, at least in the United States, many the people employed by the various carriers themselves are to blame for much (but not all) of the declines that BlackBerry Limited has suffered.
    You should have spoken with their managers about their unprofessional attitudes towards customers, especially at Verizon where they sell the phone.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and howards like this.
    12-26-13 12:03 PM
    Slight diversion but why start one more OS thread - what OS is on new Z30's shipped from VZW?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 03:25 PM
    If I am correct, Z30 gets updates direct from Blackberry? No need for Carrier...
    12-26-13 05:03 PM

Posted via Verizon Z30
    Yep. It's a Verizon thing. They announced exactly this. Need order online with Verizon for most new BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 05:05 PM
    You should have spoken with their managers about their unprofessional attitudes towards customers, especially at Verizon where they sell the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Sadly, the manager feels the same way. Oh, how I could recount other days experienced by myself and others.
    12-26-13 06:04 PM
    Not true everywhere. The second time I demoed one in our local VZW it came out of stock as the display unit was dead due to being unplugged. Two of the Z30s in our company came from the same store. Other posts of them being bought in local VZW stores in the forums as well.
    Can anyone else verify this^^^ a buddy of mine just tried to order one online and when he clicked "ship to store" it said that 2 local stores had "all the items in your cart" (the Z30 was in the cart). So he didn't order and is going to call in the morning.
    Anyone else know if select stores had stock of the Z30?
    01-03-14 10:14 PM
    Not a single Z30 In stock in a single Verizon store in the US. You can only purchase online or by calling Verizon. Even if you ask the store to order for you they will say to order online. Right now it's being handled as "direct to fulfillment" only. You're better off ordering online anyway. Good luck. It's amazing!

Not true. Read the forums and research. Some stores have them. I took photos of a Q next to a Z30 in our local VZW.and posted back when I was trying the Z out. As previously posted, two of the Z30s in our office came from our local store and many posters have bought theirs at stores.No Inventory??-img-20131123-00178.jpg
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 01-04-14 at 12:09 AM.
    01-03-14 11:15 PM
    No problem to purchase Z30 in Malaysia. Available at every hand phone shops in major shopping complex. And I just convert from WP Lumia 920 to Z30....really satisfied.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 11:43 PM
    The problem is that this no inventory at stores can become a self fulfilling prophecy if no one goes into a store asking for a BlackBerry. Carriers are like any other business. If they don't get enough people asking and demanding a product then they won't have them in inventory.

IMO I think it's good for BlackBerry customers to keep asking stores about BlackBerry products. This will help keep BlackBerry inventory in stores if the stores see that there is demand for BlackBerry products.
    01-04-14 12:23 AM
    Not true. Read the forums and research. Some stores have them. I took photos of a Q next to a Z30 in our local VZW.and posted back when I was trying the Z out. As previously posted, two of the Z30s in our office came from our local store and many posters have bought theirs at stores.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20131123-00178.jpg 
Views:	1021 
Size:	266.0 KB 
ID:	235809
    Correct...direct to fulfillment. They went to the local store and the store ordered it for them and had it shipped overnight.
    The ones in stores are demos. No stores have stock, period.

No Inventory??-imageuploadedbycb-forums1388895376.109473.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 10:17 PM
37 12