iOS, windows and BBRY don't do this, its not standard.
    09-20-13 01:37 PM
    Wtf is the point of a lock screen if it's not, you know, locked?......

I don't want to be able to act on anything from my lock screen

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    09-20-13 01:57 PM
    again, it's not a matter of who is right and who is wrong it's a matter of choice for the user!!! i want something that you don't but we can't get a configuration for it we are forced to do what BB want. :-(

if i'm already talking about "not configurable" here is some more stuff:

1. "swipe-up" from the lockscreen should be allowed to be configured by user to where the user want to be in and not by default to the "minimize" screen... the user may want to "swipe-up" to "home screen" of his choice!! could be the "hub" could be the "minimized" apps screen could be the "applications" screen...

2.user could configure swipe order: today, right is: "home" and left is "hub" and middle is "minimized" static and user could configure the order/place of each screen that fit to him.. BB OS v10 doesn't handle the difference between
    left handed and right hand persons and need to understand that each person has it's own preference!

3.user should be having the ability to close all "minimized" app in one click and not ONLY one by one like today! what are you ?! Apple ?!! come on..
    09-22-13 05:09 AM
    :smh: this whole thread is why I am debating stepping away from this forum

:sigh: I will try. In BlackBerry the lock screen is just that. A lock for security. BlackBerry has been / is / always will be about SECURITY. If you want a device that can access anything from the lock screen, then you are on the wrong platform.

So will never be able to do more than preview from LOCK screen as it is supposed to be a security feature.

I pray that never changes.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 05:46 AM
    i'm saying this not only as a user but also as a developer and this is half work since this type of things need to be configure by the user as an option for those who wants to use it with interaction (lets say swipe on a message to answer) and for those who don't want..
    it's a simple thing to leave some things to the user to decide what is best for him.. and they done a bad work on that..
    Sorry, but this rant is beyond absurd.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 05:59 AM
    Oh my God, this is like the message board equivalent of performance art - it's so ridiculous, it has to be a joke.

What is the purpose of a lock screen if not to lock the phone? But you're right, OP. The developers were obviously too lazy and only went half way. Let's let the user decide if the lock screen should allow full access to messaging capabilities. While we're at it, I don't want to swipe left to get to my hub. Why only one direction? The developers were again just sitting around with their thumbs up their butts on this one. I want to swipe right. When I'm in an app, I want to swipe right then down. Lazy a$$ developers. Also, why should the music app only play music? That seems awfully narrow-minded if you ask me. I'm the user, and I want to be able to access my PDF documents from my music app. Finally, why does the CB10 app open up CrackBerry? And why does the Planets virtual sky app open up Planets? What, just because it's called "CB10" or "Planets" means it has to open up that specific app? It seems only fair to let the user decide what app should open up what app. When I touch the CB10 icon, I want to open up my flashlight. Why are these developers such horrible people that they can't finish their work and let us do what we want?

(sounds kinda ridiculous, doesn't it?)

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 and AnimalPak200 like this.
    09-22-13 10:01 AM
    you exaggerated.. android allows to override the home launcher and the user can code a new home launcher i haven't requested something that doesn't exist like you (the music player to open pdf ?!)
    Android today allow the user to choose his flavor of configuration and doesn't say:
    "hey! work like we tell you because we are BB and we are secure and giving the user the option to configure is not secure.. "

so closed minded ? yes in someway...
    09-22-13 05:51 PM
    I already have issues with the phone unlocking and dialing California for some reason I really don't want it to be able to freely access my text messages or any hub item and respond.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 09:41 PM
    Hi,
    I just seen the Z30 review with the upcoming 10.2 and i'm finding my self really mad on BB dev team for
    doing half work and didn't completed the full feature of interaction with the items on the lock screen..

why do i need to swipe to unlock to get to an item that i want ?! thats so stupid !!! come on.. at least give us the option to configure
    the lock screen like it should be ...

the review:
    A) It's a lock screen. So B) someone finding your phone can't see your messages -- just the short bit that displays. And C) most importantly, some unknown person can't reply to them or delete something as a "joke".
    In other words, it's working as it should.
    09-22-13 10:33 PM
    Oh my God, this is like the message board equivalent of performance art - it's so ridiculous, it has to be a joke.

What is the purpose of a lock screen if not to lock the phone? But you're right, OP. The developers were obviously too lazy and only went half way. Let's let the user decide if the lock screen should allow full access to messaging capabilities. While we're at it, I don't want to swipe left to get to my hub. Why only one direction? The developers were again just sitting around with their thumbs up their butts on this one. I want to swipe right. When I'm in an app, I want to swipe right then down. Lazy a$$ developers. Also, why should the music app only play music? That seems awfully narrow-minded if you ask me. I'm the user, and I want to be able to access my PDF documents from my music app. Finally, why does the CB10 app open up CrackBerry? And why does the Planets virtual sky app open up Planets? What, just because it's called "CB10" or "Planets" means it has to open up that specific app? It seems only fair to let the user decide what app should open up what app. When I touch the CB10 icon, I want to open up my flashlight. Why are these developers such horrible people that they can't finish their work and let us do what we want?

Posted via CB10
    This is the best post I've seen all day! Thanks, Captain!
    09-22-13 10:35 PM
    That's the one thing I miss about my jailbroken iPhone: BiteSMS.

Reply to messages directly from the lock screen and it'll auto lock afterwards.

I understand that people have super duper secure messages that the world must never see but the option to be able to do it would be nice.

As it stands, being able to hide said notifications with a gesture is nice.
    09-23-13 12:28 AM
    have you seen any other OS allow you to type a message from the pop up on the lock screen. this defeats the porpous of it being locked, so no its not closed minded thinking, closed minded would be not allowing a preview
    Yes I have. Lol. It's absolutely lovely.
    09-23-13 12:28 AM
    looking on a lock screen and saying it's just a lock screen is the closed minded thinking BB shouldn't have if they want to continue being alive ..
    So let me get this straight :

"I want to allow trespassers to not only see the messages people are sending to me but also to completely bypass the lock screen that is supposed to keep my phone safe from trespassers and communicate with my contacts posing as me, rendering the entire point of lock screen moot and making sure that common sense go extinct"

Yep, totally not close minded at all. Well, I suppose it's true that you're not close minded, you're eager to remove the concept of security from community! That's a new way of thinking

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    09-23-13 12:42 AM
    That's the one thing I miss about my jailbroken iPhone: BiteSMS.

Reply to messages directly from the lock screen and it'll auto lock afterwards.

I understand that people have super duper secure messages that the world must never see but the option to be able to do it would be nice.

As it stands, being able to hide said notifications with a gesture is nice.
    And I assume that this BiteSMS doesn't require any sort of authentication whatsoever to make sure that the person trying to reply to an SMS is indeed the right person?

Because by the time you need to provide an authentication, you might as well unlock the damn device

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    09-23-13 12:45 AM

[...]

Posted via CB10
    LOL!! Had me in stitches laughing... thanks, it is sorely needed these days.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 12:57 AM
    And I assume that this BiteSMS doesn't require any sort of authentication whatsoever to make sure that the person trying to reply to an SMS is indeed the right person?

Because by the time you need to provide an authentication, you might as well unlock the damn device

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    No authentication. Why bother with it then?

Luckily, I can trust my friends and my phone never leaves my side so privacy is non-issue.
    09-23-13 12:58 AM
    No authentication. Why bother with it then?

Luckily, I can trust my friends and my phone never leaves my side so privacy is non-issue.
    Which brings the point of "why even have an authentication to begin with?"

Simply remove password from your BlackBerry device and you, too, can do what BiteSMS allows you to do, at no additional download, and more*

*that is, actually access your phone

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    09-23-13 01:47 AM
    you exaggerated..
    Wow, ya think??????? =P

android allows to override the home launcher and the user can code a new home launcher i haven't requested something that doesn't exist like you (the music player to open pdf ?!)
    Oh. My. God. Humor really is wasted on the humorless. Read between the lines, pal!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 08:53 AM
    2 Words: LOCK SCREEN

Posted via a 10.2 Z10
    09-23-13 04:22 PM
    I've been running 1047 since the leak dropped and I don't think I ever thought of the need to jump from these previews to notifications. For me they work perfectly as a quick check to see what I have waiting, and whether it warrants an unlock And reply or not . In any case it would have to go through my lock screen first to go anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 11:10 PM
    Wow, many people on this thread dumping on the OP for their suggestion.

Security is the reason I have a BlackBerry, but I would think it would be a pretty intuitive option to just do a reversed L swipe to only go to that notification and not unlock the entire device, then back to lock when done. Kind of like the camera. Obviously password should be required if you put the option on.

If we had the same mentality I am seeing on this thread, maybe we wouldn't even have a hub.

I buy BlackBerry because of the security, but mostly because it is the BEST communication phone out there! If this would enhance a users communication experience, then I don't see why you couldn't provide the option with the simple flick of a switch in settings!?

What might not be an important feature to you or I, may be a vital feature for a new potential customer of BlackBerry.

Posted via Me on my Z
    09-25-13 08:39 AM
46 12