Hi,
    I just seen the Z30 review with the upcoming 10.2 and i'm finding my self really mad on BB dev team for
    doing half work and didn't completed the full feature of interaction with the items on the lock screen..

why do i need to swipe to unlock to get to an item that i want ?! thats so stupid !!! come on.. at least give us the option to configure
    the lock screen like it should be ...

the review:
    09-19-13 07:03 PM
    Do you want the ability to answer them?

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-19-13 07:04 PM
    Hi,
    I just seen the Z30 review with the upcoming 10.2 and i'm finding my self really mad on BB dev team for
    doing half work and didn't completed the full feature of interaction with the items on the lock screen..

why do i need to swipe to unlock to get to an item that i want ?! thats so stupid !!! come on.. at least give us the option to configure

the review:
    I understand your need but come on now you're being obtuse without thinking beyond YOUR needs.

Some of us like our personal devices to well remain secure! Secure from medling pranksters of friends, family or coworkers that could reply to a new girlfriends or a young cousins sms or email that shows up in the lock screen and really cause strife in your life by what they thought would be a harmless joke in a reply but the recipient sees this from you.

There are other reasons but still think beyond what YOU need, this is a community after all. That said there are some benefits to mot having to unlock at times.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    09-19-13 07:08 PM
    Hi,

the review:
    Honestly, you're missing the point of the preview on the lock screen...it's intended to give you a preview without unlocking your phone so you can make the choice to ignore it for the time being, or unlock the phone to reply.

I don't think it's stupid at all.. it's working the way it's been intended.
    09-19-13 07:16 PM
    I think the best next step is to add the ability to unlock the device and go straight to the message u wanted to reply to from seeing the preview notification

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 07:38 PM
    its a damn lock screen, its supposed to be locked so you can't accidentally send messages while its in your pocket.

wow this play is gettign rediculous, can we star screening new thread before they are posted. simply mind blowing
    09-19-13 07:39 PM
    its a damn lock screen, its supposed to be locked so you can't accidentally send messages while its in your pocket.
    Well, instead of a swipe from the bottom to unlock the device, there could be a swipe from left to right on the message to drop directly to the message in the Hub. Once the reply is sent, the device goes back to locked. That would seem intuitive to me and the swipe would avoid accidental unlocking.
    09-19-13 07:45 PM
    Well, instead of a swipe from the bottom to unlock the device, there could be a swipe from left to right on the message to drop directly to the message in the Hub. Once the reply is sent, the device goes back to locked. That would seem intuitive to me and the swipe would avoid accidental unlocking.
    Swipes can still happen in the pocket.
    Would kinda be easy to accidentally send a reply every time I got a message because the phone would auto unlock.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 08:02 PM
    i'm saying this not only as a user but also as a developer and this is half work since this type of things need to be configure by the user as an option for those who wants to use it with interaction (lets say swipe on a message to answer) and for those who don't want..
    it's a simple thing to leave some things to the user to decide what is best for him.. and they done a bad work on that..
    09-19-13 08:30 PM
    I had thought this was supposed to be implemented in 10.2 with the ability to respond directly without having to go into an app and also have the ability to configure it, if you did not want anything to show? If this is the case of not being able to do so, I am slightly disappointed. This is what all the early developments showed. This would have been something to set BB apart from other platforms. Not a necessity, but again this was something that was shown a lot, and to have the ability to do this. When a lot of my friends who are non BB users saw this, they were amazed to the point where they said for that feature alone they would leave their current phone.
    Last edited by DJM626; 09-19-13 at 09:03 PM.
    09-19-13 08:33 PM
    I had thought this was supposed to be implemented in 10.2 with the ability to respond directly without having to go into an app and also have the ability to configure it, if you did not want anything to show? If this is the case of not being able to do so, I am slightly disappointed. This is what all the early developments showed. This would have been something to set BB apart from other platforms. Not a necessity, but again this was something that was shown a lot, and to have the ability to do this. When a lot of my friends who are non BB users saw this, they were amazed to the point where they said for that feature alone they would leave their current phone.
    thats with the toast message, the lock thing is just a preview of the new messages
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-19-13 09:04 PM
    Hi,

the review:
    Wow, you're looking for a lot, do you remember dial up, cassette tapes, picture tube TV's. The world's gone crazy with their me me and unrealistic expectations.

Posted via CB10
    urbanfarmer likes this.
    09-19-13 09:10 PM
    i'm saying this not only as a user but also as a developer and this is half work since this type of things need to be configure by the user as an option for those who wants to use it with interaction (lets say swipe on a message to answer) and for those who don't want..
    it's a simple thing to leave some things to the user to decide what is best for him.. and they done a bad work on that..
    And you're expecting us to believe that as a developer, you always deliver every possible feature in your product in the first release? And that everything is flawless the first time around?
    09-19-13 09:37 PM
    thats with the toast message, the lock thing is just a preview of the new messages
    Thanks for the info GT! Appreciate that
    09-20-13 12:05 AM
    I find it hard to believe your a developer when you cannot even provide us with proper grammar or english. I test all smartphones when they come to market and I can tell you that the BB is the most intuitive and fluent of the major operating systems. They have android and apple beat in that area. but then apple and android have 600000 useless apps with more than 375000 never having been downloaded. but hey, you can have your choice of 4000 flashlight apps if you want.
    09-20-13 12:34 AM
    i am a developer and have bad grammar since i'm not talking English it's just something i learned (poorly).. but if BB is going to provide this feature in the future then i'm happy but we all know how long it took to this feature to show up when we will expect the new additional missing feature ? in mid 2014 ?! i wish that they will publish their intentions with milestones/release-dates so the user community would know that indeed they are listening to us and we are not just complaining to the air...
    09-20-13 04:51 AM
    I don't think this would be a priority at the moment, HOWEVER it would be a really nice feature..

They could do something similar to the Camera button on the lock screen... hold the notification for a period of time and it will unlock and take you right to it. Wouldn't be surprised if that was a feature in some future update.
    09-20-13 06:13 AM
    yea that can work too... the only "problem" is, when....
    09-20-13 06:27 AM
    As the others have said it's a lock screen and it's doing what it was intended to

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 06:43 AM
    looking on a lock screen and saying it's just a lock screen is the closed minded thinking BB shouldn't have if they want to continue being alive ..
    09-20-13 07:12 AM
    looking on a lock screen and saying it's just a lock screen is the closed minded thinking BB shouldn't have if they want to continue being alive ..
    Well.. is it not a lock screen?
    That is just you wanting to defeat it's whole purpose. Would you also like being able to launch apps and access your files?

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-20-13 07:25 AM
    why do i need to swipe to unlock to get to an item that i want ?
    Because you're on a LOCK screen ?

edit : FrankIAm, sry for the double
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-20-13 at 08:28 AM.
    fragment137 likes this.
    09-20-13 07:50 AM
    Set your phone to never lock. There Ya go lol

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 08:32 AM
    have you seen any other OS allow you to type a message from the pop up on the lock screen. this defeats the porpous of it being locked, so no its not closed minded thinking, closed minded would be not allowing a preview
    09-20-13 12:38 PM
    here is an example. You give your phone to your friend to look at it because it's too new.. your friend starts playing with the phone and lock screen... Do you want him / her to press on the envelop icon and open the whole email ? what if they see something they don't like?? One thing I hate about windows phones is this part! it displays the whole thing all the time No privacy
    Anilu7 likes this.
    09-20-13 12:52 PM
46 12