How is it possible that BB, known for being the best phone for business and work use, doesn't allow the creation of a way to send group email?...no way to send ur family, employees, project team, etc an email. I'm rarely speechless, but this oversight is unbelievable, AND according to a RIM tech, they aren't planning to add it!. Does anyone know a workaround or an app that will work with the Z10 or 30?
    11-10-13 10:20 PM
    How is it possible that BB, known for being the best phone for business and work use, doesn't allow the creation of a way to send group email?...no way to send ur family, employees, project team, etc an email.

BB10 is a very new OS. Features are being added as it gets updated.

I'm rarely speechless, but this oversight is unbelievable, AND according to a RIM tech, they aren't planning to add it!

That's the kinda of claim we only give any attention when backed up with a screen shot. I have an uncle that knows a guy that dated a girl that was friends with some shady sort that used to do business with a BlackBerry emplyee that said it is coming. It's my word against yours now. And none of us can prove it. So might as well not bring it up.

Does anyone know a workaround or an app that will work with the Z10 or 30?
    There are no workarounds as of now.
    11-10-13 10:51 PM
    It's amazing how this issue hasn't gotten far more attention. We consult with a couple of bar associations, and the inability to create and utilize group contacts for email has made it necessary for an enormous number of attorneys in just one organization to switch from the blackberry to other devices (ex. iPhone with the Mailshot Pro app takes care of all contact groups needs). If you use your blackberry to communicate with groups of people, then this is a HUGE issue. Blackberry has always been the device of choice in the legal profession, and contact groups ranks right up there with the top 3 most utilized features for lawyers with the former OS. The exodus away from blackberry continues with the legal space. It's not because of better browsing on other devices, or because of more apps. It's because you can't communicate with others on the blackberry as efficiently as you used to. Now, to communicate by email with a group, you have to enter everyone's email address one at a time. Explain the logic of that to a business that requires people to communicate with teams of people.

It's been very easy for people who don't see contact groups as a high priority issue to shoot it down and claim there are other features that are more important and a bigger priority. That may be true...for them.

Michael Clewley at Blackberry has previously stated this is a feature that will be coming in an add on to the OS. When? No one has been able to say. Doubts about the company continue to abound.
    11-11-13 10:00 AM