This episode started last Sunday when I met. BlackBerry rep at a local Best Buy store. I enquired about purchasing a Z30 from Best Buy at that time but was told that it's against their policy which was quite understandable. However, the rep told me that he would be present in Telus at Fairview on the 25th October from 5:30 pm.. and that he will assist me in getting one at that time. Today I went to the store all happy and bubbly knowing that it was a done deal. Here am I a die hard crusader for BlackBerry going to meet a BlackBerry rep where we will try and drum up some support for our favorite brand. Well it didn't go as planned to say the least. First off the BlackBerry asked me if I still wanted to buy outright or go on a plan with Telus. I spoke to Telus sales rep and it was decided that it was best for me to purchase outright.. then came the manager in the picture.. "sir it's against our policy to sell phones outright " I asked why so you have a price listed for no term sales then? All I got after that was shoulder shrugs.. all this with the BlackBerry rep keeping himself busy with a "cute " salesperson...

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 07:43 PM
    A Telus store in Ottawa tired that too, and I called Telus custom care and they talked to the store manager and told them to sell it outright to me

Posted from my Z30.
    Last edited by habs_fan; 10-25-13 at 08:45 PM.
    10-25-13 08:22 PM
    Tomorrow something has to give for sure. I'm planning on contacting whomever I have to in order to get one. This is total crap as far as I'm concerned. Did you get a case for yours?

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 08:44 PM
    I went into a local Telus dealer and the rep had no problem selling a Z30 to me off contract. I was even up front with her about getting an unlock code to use it on the Rogers network.

Posted via CB10 - Z30STA100-5/10.2.0.1767
    10-26-13 01:29 AM
    I went into a local Telus dealer and the rep had no problem selling a Z30 to me off contract. I was even up front with her about getting an unlock code to use it on the Rogers network.

Posted via CB10 - Z30STA100-5/10.2.0.1767
    Same here. Told them I had no interest in switching to Telus and would be unlocking to use on Rogers. Rep was perfectly fine to sell it to me. Angers me to think there are people who want this phone but can't get it.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 07:18 AM
    Went into a Bell store yesterday as I wanted to check out a Galaxy Note 3 as I was curious about it... Said I wanted to buy it off contract. The salesperson said you need to have a minimum 30 day contract to buy off contract. The stupidity just boggles the mind...
    10-26-13 07:28 AM
    Bunch of Canadian keyboard whiners.

When a carrier puts a website price on its website it's the website price.

Gang up on the CRTC if you wish for more price consistency across different channels. Retailers have to make money too, and they are fighting against their own head office when they know the phone is available for less money thru the head office company website.

When a retailer tells you to buy it with contract first and then to cancel the contract they also tell you it's to your advantage since you spread out your costs over two months.

I've read hundreds of posts in CB forums about pricing. Nobody has ever said anything to compare the cost of smartphone operation to car costs. It's a steal. Cars cost a hundred times more to buy and to operate.

I got my Z10 at a low price by bypassing the retail environment, by ordering the z10 from the carrier. In Canada.
    10-26-13 08:03 AM
    OK folks, I've given up for now. No one is selling me the damn phone outright in my area. Upper Canada mall/no. Pacific Mall/no, Scarborough Town Center /no, Markville/no, Pickering Town Center /no. I'm completely out of ideas here.

Posted via CB10
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    10-26-13 01:23 PM
    I saw it on the Internet. Available in Canada. Use your Web searching abilities. Start by going to BlackBerry.com. You can buy it over the Internet and Telus shall send it to you. Whatever.
    10-26-13 01:38 PM
    The Source would have let me buy it outright but that was an expensive approach. I instead bought out my Z10 and then did a deal on the new Z30. In the end I paid less than trying to buy outright. I guess I was lucky since Bell is my preferred carrier anyway....well for now.
    10-26-13 01:59 PM
    OK folks, I've given up for now. No one is selling me the damn phone outright in my area. Upper Canada mall/no. Pacific Mall/no, Scarborough Town Center /no, Markville/no, Pickering Town Center /no. I'm completely out of ideas here.

Posted via CB10
    Wow. Upper Canada? Did they run out? I was there yesterday and bought mine outright. I was also there the week before and was at the register ready to pay and my wife stopped me. Lol. And before I left yesterday they said they had two left. I know sherway wouldn't sell off contract

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 02:54 PM
    What a lot of garbage. I'm buying mine outright like I did my Q10 because then it's my phone and I can vary my plan on a monthly basis. I.e. $50 for 1GB a month which is enough for me. None of this $80 jazz. Hate the way they flog this Insurance against hardware/software failure. BB's don't need more than manufacturers warranty. Software? It's not an iPhone. Donwload AntiVirus for BB smartphone to also use for defragging.

Enable forums
    10-26-13 03:55 PM
    After my experience trying to buy the Z10 no term, I haven't bothered trying to pick up the Z30. I'll give it a couple months.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 04:25 PM
    They all had stock but just won't sell off contact.. the guy at Markville was trying his best to help be by even checking to see how easy it was to order online but he told me it's the same process. Oh well if anyone has an extra unit please PM me.. none of the others cared much

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 04:43 PM
    On BlackBerry.com right now is "buy" as shown here. Z30.
    No consistency in trying to buy a Z30 outright..-img_00002058.png

Then, clicking on that "buy" I get six choices one of which is no contract from Telus. Mail order only.
    No consistency in trying to buy a Z30 outright..-img_00002059.png
    10-26-13 04:45 PM
    The Telus reps all had one story to tell me. Off contact for them means month to month but does not mean no contract agreement. You have to sign up for a minimum of 30 days. BlackBerry needs to address this crap soon in order to enhance sales and make it easier for us to acquire phones. Why are they now selling factory unlocked Q10s and Z10s to US customers but not us here in Canada. We live BlackBerry and are trying to support them but apparently our money has no value to them

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 04:55 PM
    Here is another photo of the same page. Six places to buy from. One of them lets me order the phone without contract. Telus. $600.

Now, you've been to the retailers and seen the Demo in some way. Leave them alone now. After seeing Demo units, go buy the unopened box (that you would have bought) from a huge company. Telus.

Three day shipping delay time. Nothing to get hung about.

Compare that to ROGERS.CA where they display the z10 at $649 off contract.

Who could ask for more.??
    No consistency in trying to buy a Z30 outright..-img_00002060.png
    10-26-13 05:01 PM
    Guess that will have to do. I wasn't too big on online orders but if that's works then so be it. I'd rather walk in a store, pay my money and walk out with product. Times are changing.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 05:05 PM
    Try going to a Telus Business Store - there are a few here in Edmonton, Alberta. That's the only place I go anymore because they do things the retail stores won't do. We buy all our phones outright because we have our own phenomenal plan through our company. If you need to, tell them you're buying the phone for your company...I think you'll find that they'll do it.
    10-26-13 05:10 PM
    The Telus reps all had one story to tell me.
    Posted via CB10
    Retail reps, at Telus retail outlets. Web sales are a different channel.

Don't expect that a retailer shall forever be in accordance with a web channel even if they appear to be working for the same company.

It often happens that a web.purchase or a phone call purchase gives you more value for less money.

Just to be ornery, let's all call Telus on Monday morning to see if we can negotiate a better deal by making a phone order. I'd like a white leather case too, and a 64G card too, and and and
    10-26-13 05:12 PM
    I was thinking if there's a difference in the Telus stores as I know there is with Rogers. Same names but completely different policies. Now I'm in the North East Toronto area and was wondering how to actually find which are the "legit" Telus stores. As I was driving back home empty handed another thought came across my mind... what if I wanted one of these phones to give as a gift to someone? We should be able to walk in and buy without issues or red tape. Period!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 05:17 PM
    Kulcha, you are a good listener. All I have to do is to say something several times and then you hear it.

You don't ask ebay amazon or dell to open retail stores.

Some companies have retail outlets but wish they didn't. Some are willing to lower prices if you bypass the retailer. Use that fact. Use it to your advantage.

I purchased tons of apl products by phoning them, six and seven years ago. I phoned back.later, each time, to return it all to them. No cost to me. They paid for it to be delivered both ways. Now you know. Now you learned something.

I'm sure you could return any z30 too..

Put your car out of its misery. It needs a rest. Let your car sleep. Order online.
    10-26-13 05:39 PM
    I just bought from a dealer, I am picking it up on Monday. Picked it up for someone in the US but I may get 2. If anyone wants one let me know. There is a another store in brampton selling one for 575+ tax and locked to Telus. I will look for the Kijiji ad.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 05:46 PM
    Thanks for that advice Davidro1.. and in regards to mississauga /brampton dealers you need to be a bit wary of those. One guy wanted me to deposit with my credit card and wait for the unlock code to come through which "sometimes take three days".

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 06:41 PM
    I still prefer buying in store to simplify issues if you have to do a return within your 30 day window but it definitely seems that if you want to save any hassle and frustration, you're better off just ordering it online. That all being said, in another two weeks, the whole 'we don't sell off contract within the first 30 days' argument from Telus stores will be over with (unless you are trying to buy from Bell who are complete idiots insisting their off-contract phones must be purchased with a contract...).
    10-27-13 06:32 AM
66 123